Sign in to follow this  
FFrank

Script Restricting AS50 TWS ?

Hi guys,

I'm a server admin and was recently testing if I could add non-legit weapons, f.e. the AS50 TWS to my scripts.txt

I think I understood how the scripts.txt works, but I was having issues while testing.

So I basically just added

5 "BAF_AS50_TWS"

Intention was to prevent players from spawning it but it didn't work as expected.

I exchanged the scripts.txt with the new one and thats where my issues began.

After that, everyone who entered the server was kicked while loading (Script Restriction #110), even after Server Restart and re-loading scripts.txt

Had to reinstall the server to get back the old scripts.txt, after that the #110 issue was gone.

I somehow think this might be because the AS50 TWS is somehow "detected" in the client data but I'm not sure at all.

If anyone would like to help me out, I'd be thankful.

If I tried total nonsense here and you can explain to me why it is nonsense, I'll also give you my beans.

Edited by FFrank

Had to reinstall the server to get back the old scripts.txt, after that the #110 issue was gone.

Surely you could have replaced the file and restarted the server?

It's difficult to comment on your scripts file without seeing it, but I believe the problem is that it should have been placed in createvehicle.txt not scripts.txt.

• Like 1

@Gogster

so it should've been in createvehicle.txt because the ammo boxes are usually spawned in via "CreateVehicle" ? would make sense.

does this mean I could add any non-legit weapons in my createvehicle.txt, which would kick a player if one of the weapons i added do match a weapon in his ammobox script?

@linkinxp

I highly doubt my server provider is allowing me to install that. thanks for the hint anyway.

@Gogster

so it should've been in createvehicle.txt because the ammo boxes are usually spawned in via "CreateVehicle" ? would make sense.

does this mean I could add any non-legit weapons in my createvehicle.txt, which would kick a player if one of the weapons i added do match a weapon in his ammobox script?

@linkinxp

I highly doubt my server provider is allowing me to install that. thanks for the hint anyway.

I believe that is the case. I used to do what you did to prevent the spawning of weapons, but you have to add-in your custom checks into the standard filters when they are updated. In the end I couldn't be bothered and resigned myself to banning them afterwards.