mio.rogvall@gmail.com

DayZ players should have the courtesy to play Arma2 at least once or twice.

DayZ kids should stay away from our game. You should join some Arma2 servers and see for yourself how they are infested with pitchy voice 12 years old screaming kids over the voice chat. They have 0 skills with choppers yet they jump into one and crash it right at the base. They take a tank and drive it into the enemy city at full speed just to be blown up by enemy RPG soldiers. Even if some of them have learnt to somehow manuever the chopper, they still land it too close to the enemy so you get shot down anyway. Many of them think that it is still dayz so they run a deathmatch at the base killing players of their own team or they take as50 tws (LOL, favourite DayZ kid weapon) and camp the spawn point from the nearest hill.

I'm really looking forward for the games to be split(arma and standalone) so arma players would enjoy the game without it being ruined by dayz kids.

• Like 3

Ha, Ha! This must be a windup.

That's like saying you bought a newspaper so you should have the courtesy of reading all the articles within it.

I may look at Arma 2 one day but i dont feel like i owe anybody, anything.

And yes, all the servers Ive found are far too serious about it, with things like a dedicated ATC player, where you have to request permission to take off etc. - I play for fun, not because Im too much of a fat basement dweller to join the real military.

Fail.

Arma sucks huge balls if not played tactically on big maps with objectives. If you want fast paced action then join DM server.

Even though DayZ is a Mod for ArmA II they are completely different play styles. One is not better than the other; it's all about preference. That's why DayZ has their own community aside from ArmA.

Play what you want. Don't act like one is superior.

EDIT: I do suggest to try out the armory and fly a heli before you ever try it in DayZ though lol

Edited by PygmyJess

It's obvious that Arma 2 is chock full of glitches. But those glitches have to be purposely done to really be noticed.

The game is fun, and if you wasted 30 (20? w/ arma free) bucks on a game just to play nothing but a single mod of it, you're an idiot.

Arma 2 is fun. The reason most people don't like it is because they can't stand the learning curve. But the fact that dayZ players never even touched arma 2 is just retarded.

• Like 1

Fail.

Arma sucks huge balls if not played tactically on big maps with objectives. If you want fast paced action then join DM server.

I agree with you, but you're just sounding like a s00pr srs bsns l33t arma 2 t4ct1c4l pl4yur at this point.

The way you word your topic to make it seem playing ArmA II is superior to any other alternative is almost like stating a fact.

I knew about ArmA way before I ever heard about DayZ. I never had interest in the game; therefore I never bought it. Then, I saw videos about DayZ. I still haven't lost interest in it yet.

You're a dick.

But the fact that dayZ players never even touched arma 2 is just retarded.

It objected to me touching it. Then, the lawsuit came.

It's obvious that Arma 2 is chock full of glitches. But those glitches have to be purposely done to really be noticed.

The game is fun, and if you wasted 30 (20? w/ arma free) bucks on a game just to play nothing but a single mod of it, you're an idiot.

Arma 2 is fun. The reason most people don't like it is because they can't stand the learning curve. But the fact that dayZ players never even touched arma 2 is just retarded.

You're also a dick.

It's true though, most day z players are arma noobs that don't even know what arma stands for. Often people confuse arma2 features with day z features and vice versa, which always provides a laugh.

• Like 3

This attitude is what all true warriors strive for.

I bought Arma 2 for Day Z.. Nothing more. When the Standalone comes out, I will delete that 14 gigs of useless data and buy Day Z. And there are also NO Aram 2 servers to play on anyways.

Edited by Forgewolf

I bought Arma 2 for Day Z.. Nothing more. When the Standalone comes out, I will delete that 14 gigs of useless data and buy Day Z. And there are also NO Aram 2 servers to play on anyways.

That's not true. And to call arma 2 "useless data" makes you sounds like a complete tool to be honest.

• Like 1

Except that what he is saying is fact and not opinion.

Now we're just getting into a Fanboy situation with this whole topic.

Example:

BF3>COD or COD>BF3

This community is "sometimes" a little more mature than that...

That's not true. And to call arma 2 "useless data" makes you sounds like a complete tool to be honest.

It's useless Data to me because I care nothing for Arma 2 and only want to play Day Z. A tool? You mean a consumer? I purchased their game to play a different game that they are going to sell later and will make even more money. Am I a tool because I support the company not once, but twice through purchasing their content? Edited by Forgewolf
  • Like 2

I've played arma 2 and some of the mods since buying it and as long as I have buddies with me it is fine, otherwise I have to put up with the douchebaggery of the arma community all by myself. They whine that no one ever gave the game a chance and turn around and whine about the Dayz kiddies running around.

I've played arma 2 and some of the mods since buying it and as long as I have buddies with me it is fine, otherwise I have to put up with the douchebaggery of the arma community all by myself. They whine that no one ever gave the game a chance and turn around and whine about the Dayz kiddies running around.

I saw a zombie walking on the water a few days ago. Was that you Jesus? lol :)

Edited by PygmyJess

I like others bought arma 2 for DayZ. It is actually my first military sim/fps purchase. I usually play mmorpgs. I'm not interested in running set scenarios, campaigns, or taking charge of troops. I have found that bootcamp is fun/helpful with learning controls and keybinds. Sometimes I just want to go to the range and practice without zombies or bandits. :)

Edited by Jane Doe
  • Like 1

I saw a zombie walking on the water a few days ago. Was that you Jesus? lol :)

Yea.

But I did find out that zombies tend to walk on water for a little on lingor and it ended up seriously wounding me and a buddy.

Zombies jesus will rise and bring his wrath on all those who persecuted him.

What forum is this? Is this the Arma 2 Forum?

If I wanted to play Arma 2, I would have the day it came out. However I bought Arma 2 for DayZ, Yes i can agree Arma 2 is a great game providing you have the patience and time to play it. But the lure of Zombies and Survival was greater than Arma 2. We play DayZ for a host of reasons, Arma 2 isn't it, It is just a base on which it is set and Admittedly a bad one. Even Rocket said Arma Engine is no good for some of the stuff he wants to change / do.

Back In the day I bought Op Flash' I genuinely thought it was great, years ahead of it's time (Cow bells and all), but even then you had other games like Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2, when Arma 2 came I had Arkham Asylum and Assasins Creed 2 I didn't buy Arma 2 as It was not my cup of tea!

Can you imagine the confusion of all those players who came over from COD and BF? "too many buttons, can't play Arma 2, It's for grandad's"

My opinion is Play DayZ, I think We have not begun to scratch the surface of it yet. look to the future not the Arma 2.

I purchased Arma 2 from Steam in 2009 upon release, its a great game. At the time i didnt had a strong CPU to run it, so my experience was limited.

Arma 2 is the best military simulation game and its considered a sandbox game on its own, you're given Chernarus, a squad, a deadline and a villain, then you need to find him by w/er means necessary without following any linear objectives or orders. You got complete freedom to achive this.

Although, SP can be very complex and time consuming, so most Arma players stick to MP missions.