Sign in to follow this  
Luieburger

[Video] The moment I quit DayZ

I've been playing since May, and it's be a great experience. I'm very happy with the time I've spent here, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

EDIT: Movie removed, it served its purpose.

I've had to quit this game several times because it was too addictive and I was playing too much, but this is the moment that I raged. This was my 6th ATV that I've lost to random invisible bumps. Sometimes they're in the middle of the road, sometimes they're on bridges, sometimes they're in open fields. I had driven slowly and carefully over 3 other bridges before this happened. I know the AMRA 2 engine made this game possible and all, but seriously... fuck the ARMA 2 engine.

I won't be buying Arma 3. I'm not excited for it anymore. I will be playing WarZ, and I'll probably be back when DayZ is stand-alone.

Thanks for the memories.

Edited by Luieburger
  • Like 1

Yay another "look at me" quit thread to load into the bandwagon filled with riveting information. This is both new and exciting. Perhaps I can subscribe to your newsletter?

• Like 6

Yay another "look at me" quit thread to load into the bandwagon filled with riveting information. This is both new and exciting. Perhaps I can subscribe to your newsletter?

With an attitude like that the playerbase will be down to less than 100k in no tim- oh wait

• Like 5

I may have to quit for a certain amount of time due to being too addicted to it also.

I hate this guy but i'm gonna have to agree and beans.

Put atv in reverse, turn so back of front wheels digs into ground, tap steering in that direction ??? profit.

Hahahaha. Awww. But I love you :)

I gave him my beans too. Because beans mean the world to me. Take good care of them.

playing since march and still driving over bridges?

Yea many months ago I died going at high speed on an ATV over bridges. I learned to slow down. It's been working fine for months, but... not this time.

The lesson to learn for those who would follow in my footsteps is... never drive ATVs anywhere. I even encountered a random bump out in an open field. No rocks, no fences, nothing.

Edited by Luieburger

Protip: driving over train tracks (even extremely slowly) with a dodgy wheel on an ATV has the same result as driving over an IED.

What I don't understand is how the physics for the ATV can be so horribly fucked yet the bicycle and motorbike and every other vehicle can be totally fine.

Since march? Buddy, the mod came out in April. Everyone knows not to drive over bridges.

Sounds to me like you started playing 2 weeks ago.

:facepalm: ....you get what you pay for!!(oh wait its free)!!! <_<

Actually this is a bug in the ARMA 2 I believe.

Edited by puppetworx

Since march? Buddy, the mod came out in April. Everyone knows not to drive over bridges.

Sounds to me like you started playing 2 weeks ago.

Oops you're right. May, not March.

"Member Since 13 May 2012"

I had a tractor explode in the middle of a field last night to some invisible obstacle and frankly I hate the atv so I usually just ditch it after it has served its purpose.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

ATV = Death. Shoot it in the engine and watch the pretty fire. Then move on.

Also you get a Camping tent with each new spawn of the ATV so this is possibly the best way to deal with the ATV and avoid death.

I had hardly any problems with ATVs before. Sure a truck would have been preferable, but I was on the east coast and they weren't available.

I am still boggled by the OP's constant need for the ATV. Why this would keep a player here or force them to leave is beyond my comprehension