Nesiss

CROSSBOWS - Your opinion?

Hey guys I was wondering, whats your opinion on crossbows? I personally think the crossbow is the ideal zombie apocalypse weapon (at least for me anyway) I was wondering what you guys think about it?

P.S. can you loot bolts off dead zombies?

Yes you can usually get your bolts back... it sucks to aim with you have to practice with it to be good(which is kinda cool as it takes some skill) If players werent the only threat I was worried about id use one.. however being that the current situation Zs are very low threat so I prefer firearms for defence against humans.

Guess biggest problem is I have never been able to allow myself to put down a weapon I had to use it or when I had space for two main weapons drop either... even now.. not dropping my M4 or my 50cal for a xbow, stealth be dammed.

For the RL scenario yes.. its a good stealth weapon against Zs but.. slow reload... limited ammo... not something you want to rely on if your in trouble.. Also with low ammo if you were fleeing each bolt you shoot your not getting back... so its a forward/offensive weapon really only.

Give it a sight and a quiver (5 bolts per) and we're set.

Only problem there is retrieving ammo, but it could be that every fifth confirmed "hit" that would have given you a bolt gives a full quiver back. A bit shitty on the realism, but would be a usable fix in place of being able to shift bolts/bullets around magazines.

Give it a sight and a quiver (5 bolts per) and we're set.

+1

Ammunition for it is plentiful as well, so I'd definitely pick one up.

Could be an amazing weapon and highly sought.

Currently next to useless and frequently discarded.

I like the crossbow, but I wish we would have a chance to turn the dead bodies around. Often the steel bolt is on the bottom side of the fallen down body and you have no action to pick it up as you can't see it. I'm losing too many steel bolts this way, and I have to carry a lot of them (taking up a lot of the inventory / backpack space because of it.

The one time I used a crossbow, through a sheer lucky shot it ended up inbedded in a survivors face.

Glorious weapon.

I actually don't know why crossbows are so common :)

ammo should change to quivers and with increased damage, the crossbow should be rare as well

Crossbows, as they are in the game currently are as attractive to pick up as tin cans.

I love my crossbow... I had a winchester before but i avoid towns when i see players, and i love it to get into towns full of zombies... My only issues is that sometimes i cant get the bolt back, instead of that i think once u shoot a zombie or player they should drop the bolt, or 2 depending how much u shot at him + the random chance of gear..that way u never need to loose a bolt unless u don't want to go in too close to get it back.. :P

As long as you dont use the iron side ( or compensate it by aiming lower and to the right i think) it can be fine.

I found using the the crossbow to be accurate and effective WHEN shooting in first person mode and using the cross-hair, so no cross-hair makes it difficult. I think for the sake of balance, it should be 1 hit kill especially with the bolts not re-spawning and the 100 hour respawn time( its reload time is TOO DAMN HIGH :))

Either way getting head-shot at like 10 metres is quite difficult but not too hard and is one shot kill, i also like how shooting them in the torso does not aggro them. Against other people... probably should never do it.

Love the Crossbow, easily my weapon of choice, i still keep a riffle in the backpack for pvp. (even if i can break people's legs with that baby sometimes :) )

Being able to navigate through towns silent is perfect, no extra z's aggro, no gunshot attracting bandits and curious :)

I play on hardcore servers so it was really hard to aim it right at first, but now i'm good.

Retreiving arrows can be tricky but they spawn all around the place so it's not a big deal.

Basicaly i shoot my hand gun at last resort, been alive for a while now.

No need for quivers and sight, just practise it and aim for the heads, you'll never look back to the noisy winch and enfeilds.

Excellent weapon, but, not much use for it.

Darts take up too much inventory space and there is very little opportunity to take out just one Zombie, because they're hanging around in large numbers, unless you are in a city center.

Its a good weapon early in the game mainly cause it wont attract any Zeds while doing your early looting runs in towns. However later in game it becomes a very bad choice and is easly overshined by M4A1 SD and MP5 SD as the "town looting weapon of choice".

Would it be possible to have a Skyrim-like arrow system?

As in: every arrow that hits your opponent will end up lootable in his inventory

It would reduce the frustration of having arrows clipping through the ground

Oh and put some sights on that rail, will ya?

I'm wondering how powerful they are on players.

I'd love a weak weapon that was good at knocking people out or breaking legs but not necessarily at killing.

But yeah I like the crossbow against zeds

I found three of them in the same building once. I attempted to shoot a zombie with it at about 20 meters with the iron-ish sights and missed clear by a mile. I dropped it immediately and I've never picked one up again.

If the iron sight on it was a little better I'd use them, but it is pretty awesome killing players in 1 hit with them even when you hit them in the foot.

If the iron sight on it was a little better I'd use them

After initially being annoyed of the aiming' date=' I actually like the fact that aiming crossbow has been made difficult. Once you learn how to do it, you can become quite accurate with it.

it is pretty awesome killing players in 1 hit with them even when you hit them in the foot.

You can kill a player with 1 hit with crossbow?

I haven't much experience with it but I like that it's there. Would be nice to see compound bows/arrows as well (bows having quick reload time). Agree bolts take too much inventory space to be a worthwhile loadout - perhaps if there were 3-5 bolt quivers you could load.

Crossbows were a cool idea until everyone figured out they are about as useful as the chest pouch.

After initially being annoyed of the aiming' date=' I actually like the fact that aiming crossbow has been made difficult. Once you learn how to do it, you can become quite accurate with it.

it is pretty awesome killing players in 1 hit with them even when you hit them in the foot.

well, the 2 times i have ever killed a player with a crossbow was in 1 hit, 1st time in the chest when a guy run up to me and i panicked and the second time was in a guys foot as he ran past a hole in the wall, now i don't know what blood they were on, but the defiantly both died in 1 hit.

well, the 2 times i have ever killed a player with a crossbow was in 1 hit, 1st time in the chest when a guy run up to me and i panicked and the second time was in a guys foot as he ran past a hole in the wall, now i don't know what blood they were on, but the defiantly both died in 1 hit.

Probably low on blood as it takes 2 shots to the torso to kill a zed.

Yeah I like the idea of a silent killer :P But I like how if you practice with it it can become a great thing to have on your side.