Nesiss

CROSSBOWS - Your opinion?

Definiteley could use a quiver ( THAT could be the rare item) I actually like the idea of the crossbow immensly. It should be even more abundant, so the noobs would all be silent, keep it hard to fire, but maybe make to bolts one shot chest kills for zombies?

Also put the bolt in the zombies inventory on kill with bolt.

Related: will we ever see some kind of crafting where you could make 15 bolts out of one piece of scrap metal when you have a toolbox or are in a factory or something?

I personally love it, but that's probably just because I rarely miss a shot with it... Should make a montage with it going after bandits in cherno ;)

I like it, but it needs a stacked quiver, a better ironsight, bolts that hit should be retrievable from the corpse/gear. On Veteran or harder without a CH it's currently useless.

The next time you die (or have enough pack space to store a primary weapon), just find one and a dart or two and run off to the woods to practice on a tree. That's what I did and got pretty good with aiming. However, as others have said, the ammo situation makes it a difficult weapon of choice because it takes up too much space and the reload time can feel like an eternity with a crawler coming your way.

I think a 3 dart quiver would make it a respectable primary weapon (5 is too many IMO). It would be a nice tradeoff at the current ammo spawn rate and with the lengthy reload time as an early silenced weapon.

Crossbows and Bows in real life really good

In this game they are too cumbersome, not accurate and bolts take up too much room.

Recovery of a bolt is a pain in the ass and slip shot a best.

Useless because 1 bolt = 1 inventory slot. It would be a viable alternative then the 1866 or Enfield if each slot had like 3 or 4 bolts.

It's crap.

People try to tell me how useful they are because they are silent and have common ammunition. They say I'm crap and I just can't aim.

No, sorry, the Crossbow just sucks big throbbing cock. You can't possibly defend it beyond the noise level, really. The Makarov is twice as good.

Trying it out in the Armory, and while the lack of sights can be ignored once you get used to it (it's actually pretty easy to use), I really hate the reload speed. The animation plays but you have to wait double that to be able to actually fire.

if you can get them in the head you can take down zombies silently with 1 hit.. the lack of sights though is the biggest problem for me. i can hip fire with it pretty accurately (if crosshairs are enabled) but yeah, as it is, not really worth it.

I would use the crossbow and only the cross bow unfortunately there arent even quivers for them, 1 bolt is 1 slot thats rediculous!

I hated the crossbow until i was forced to use it (no other weapons) and now I know how to aim it, it's great for taking out annoying zeds. Only thing being, GIVE IT MORE AMMO!!

Jeez 3 fucking bolts is equivalent to engine parts? Make them 5 round magazines

if you can get them in the head you can take down zombies silently with 1 hit.. the lack of sights though is the biggest problem for me. i can hip fire with it pretty accurately (if crosshairs are enabled) but yeah' date=' as it is, not really worth it.

[/quote']

Aim the tip of the xbow just below their necks, that should work

It would be cool if you could apply poison to bolts

Maybe different types of poison that make zombies attack each other or survivors go mad and shoot uncontrollably everywhere

Incase no one has noticed.. the crossbow now seems to be 1 hit kill on torso of Zeds, and the reload speed has been halfed..

It used to be that you had to wait a few seconds after the reload animation, before you got a green on the top right.. now it goes green at the end of the reload animation...

This is with 1.7.1.1

Just sayn'..

Crossbow is better than nothing, but pretty much anything else is better.

Would be good if each bolt didn't take up a whole inventory slot, and you found bolts in lots of 10 or something. Might be a viable go-to weapon when silent kills are vital. But as it is it takes up too much space for too little return.

Crossbow is better than nothing' date=' but pretty much anything else is better.

Would be good if each bolt didn't take up a whole inventory slot, and you found bolts in lots of 10 or something. Might be a viable go-to weapon when silent kills are vital. But as it is it takes up too much space for too little return.

[/quote']

I disagree, I love the crossbow.. get in close, keep advancing, pick your bolts up as you go.. 5 in a slot would be nice.. but then, you can still get them back (most of the time)...

Silenty clear a path to your target, and have friends with boomsticks coming behind, incase you get into trouble.. now, if the Zeds would stop spawning 2 foot away, it would be even better..