mines_skyline

1.7.2.6 Bandit Skin vs. Backpack

Date/Time: 11:21 PM EST (Ontario, Canada)

What happened: Had about 2500-2600 Humanity. Shot a guy who was innocent (i got a murder). Few seconds later, my character turned into a bandit. when i went back to 3rd person, i could not see my backpack on my back. i had an alice pack at the time. when i checked my gear, the backpack was still there and all the gear inside it was safe. i went to the dead body, he had a Coyote big backpack. i transferred all my gear into that, and picked it up. started running away from there to a secure location. i still could not see the new big backpack on my back, but cud see it in the inventory. on the way back, my humanity increased to a threshold that switched me back into normal civilian. this time the backpack was not only gone from my back, but also from my inventory. im not gonna bitch about it, its an alpha. but i will report it here so it can be fixed for later versions :)

Where you were: GR 132 091 - where i killed the guy, transformed into bandit, stole his backpack. GR 133 095 - where i turned back into civilian and lost the backpack from inventory.

What you were doing: see above for full story.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.6 with 96751 beta

*Server(s) you were on: US 3305

*Your system specs: i dont think this has anything to do with system but here it is.

CPU: i7 3930K @ 4.7 GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme

GPU: EVGA GTX 460

*Timeline of events before/after error: see above for before. after the event, i left the server to report the incident. i will rejoin and continue playing the game after this.

• Like 1

i head the same problem but i lost my alise backpack and after taking another from the dead guy i lost it again

There is a very simple workaround to this bug.

Whenever you obtain a new backpack type (including going from no backpack to having a backpack), STOP, and immediately logout/log back in. If you do this, you'll never lose your backpack again due to skin changes (This includes going between bandit/normal/hero and putting on/taking off a ghillie/camo/soldier skin)

The bug is that whenever your skin changes, the game sets your backpack to whatever you had when you last logged onto the server. By making sure you relog whenever you change backpack types, you'll ensure that the bug 'resets' your pack to the pack you already have -- thereby preventing any negative consequences.

This doesn't dismiss that the bug needs to be fixed, but with the above cautionary step you never have to be the victim of it again.

• Like 1

Whenever you obtain a new backpack type (including going from no backpack to having a backpack), STOP, and immediately logout/log back in. If you do this, you'll never lose your backpack again due to skin changes (This includes going between bandit/normal/hero and putting on/taking off a ghillie/camo/soldier skin)

The bug is that whenever your skin changes, the game sets your backpack to whatever you had when you last logged onto the server. By making sure you relog whenever you change backpack types, you'll ensure that the bug 'resets' your pack to the pack you already have -- thereby preventing any negative consequences.

This doesn't dismiss that the bug needs to be fixed, but with the above cautionary step you never have to be the victim of it again.

What about losing it when it didnt save

Well this happens to me alot.

Spawn in as bandit skin every time. After 5-10mins skin resets to surviour.

So if any pack is picked up between that time, it will vanish.

Same happens if I was pre holding a pack then skin changes. Bags gone.

I found a fix to it. Get a ghillie or camo suit and life is better, no bags vanish.

this happened to me. spawned with a 'bandit' skin but i was a female character (heard there's only the one skin for the girls), after a while it fixed itself back to normal character. when i was the bandit skin, i had zero humanity and the controls were all screwy. weird glitch. i thought maybe this was a hack, but i don't think so.

With this method, I'm still assuming that you lose the contents of your backpack?

I have been having a similar problem. I log in and turn into a bandit when i have killed no other players previously and couple minutes later. I turn into a hero and I lose my backpack.

So if any pack is picked up between that time, it will vanish.

Well, that happened to me for a while, but now I'm a bandit permanitally it seems. (I don't have a visible bag either) Also, I didn't even kill lanyone!

With this method, I'm still assuming that you lose the contents of your backpack?

No, the contents will be kept and are unharmed. As long as you log out/back in immediately after changing back types (or when going from no pack to a pack) then you'll not have to worry about this bug.

This happens to me all the time, I've lost countless backpacks due to this.

It really is quite annoying!

I know there is a work around, but it's still a bug. You shouldn't have to do that each time lol.

For now, I've gone from being a Hero, down to -40k humanity :(

Don't think I have it worry about it changing for a while!

Happens to me too, it drains the game experience by a lot.

I found a large coyote backpack on a dead guy in elektro and picked it up. around 5min later I morphed to survivor from bandit and I lost it and I got my alice backpack again :(

No, the contents will be kept and are unharmed. As long as you log out/back in immediately after changing back types (or when going from no pack to a pack) then you'll not have to worry about this bug.

ty. It'd be nice to see a "save character/gear" option from within gear or map

I always disconnect and reconnect after obtaining a new backpack, and take the magical invisible backpack glitch as a blessing.