Sign in to follow this  
amishterminator

Quick Idea to reduce death by server hoppers

My idea is that when someone spawns within 100m (or whatever is considered a good distance) the players within that radius have a little bar pop up on their screen saying someone has spawned in their area.

I think this would be very fair for everyone and would make the game less frustrating from some guy appearing behind you. It wouldn't give a specific location or name, just that a player has spawned in your area. With the distance being around 100m it also wouldn't give the players in that area a whole lot of room to guess where they might be. If it was like 30m for example you could reason the person spawned in the same block (if in the city).

• Like 1

I dunno about a phisical indicator, I would prefer thinsg stayed as realsitic as possible, however I agree totally with the aim of this post, to allow players in the game some protection against people who spawn in next to them.

I think another solution (that has been mentioned) would be to have new spawns pushed out so they could not spawn within 300 m of an existing player. That would give everyone a fair go, without "alerting" exisitn players that a new spawn had entered the game

I gotta go with CerebralZombie on this one, it'd open up a huge can of worms along the lines of calling people a hacker, just for logging in...

It'd also open up an avenue of abuse/griefing...

But that said, and I'm not sure about this one, so maybe someone could confirm/deny this... If you have a map and compass, and you can actually see the person you can see them on the map... I've seen zombies on the map appearing... even in woodland I've seen the yellow marker moving for "man" (which was a Z)...

So, perhaps we can all see one another if we open our maps...

A direct indication of "someone has logged on" is a bit too much, IMO.

I think that realism goes out the window when it comes to player spawns, so a text indicator is okay.