Doom Guy

Average Day in Chernogorsk

That's hilarious and sad at the same time. The sad part is that those shooters who present 90% of Dayz players just have no imagination and no sense of good humour. And they will never get those during their lifetime.

• Like 3

Hahaha.

I find it pretty damn sad that people would shoot you after all of that. What a bunch of sad human beings.

I did something similar myself.

I've been playing DayZ since early June. I've gone from the standard survivor on the coast, to shoot only in self defense, to northern woodsman, and now to a friendly medic.

I wanted to see just how many people would shoot an unarmed guy with a Czech Vest pouch with only medical supplies who blasted over chat repeatedly that he was unarmed, friendly, and willing to render medical aid. I've had some surprising results.

I started out trying to stand on the roof of the Cherno hospital by the apartments doing this in a perpetual salute or surrender pose. I'd blast out over direct chat what I said above. I'd make the random wisecrack about only blowing out a few veins and that I almost never hit the nerves.

Most people would see me, acknowledge that I was there, and went on their way. One guy spent a good five minutes chucking empty tin cans at my head, luckily I'm hard headed. Of course, one fine gentleman decided to unload on me, but I was able to take cover before a single round impacted my frail survivor body. I realized that people thought it was too exposed or some kind of trap. So, I moved onto plan B.

The church came to mind as a good place to setup shop. It's a common stopping point for new spawns and has enough cover to ease some concerns. This is where the surprising events came to fruition.

I decided to add some flair to the event. I threw down a few flares to alert people that someone was in the church. Then I had an idea; I threw a flare on the ground and picked it up. I stood behind the pulpit and assumed the surrender position. This placed the flare directly behind my head.

As the first survivor wandered in, I asked if he needed blood and he started cracking up over direct chat. He did not need medical attention and exited after looting the church. Three other individuals came in and out of the church, two of them needing blood. I quickly administered a transfusion and they went on their way. I logged out in the church with some renewed faith in the DayZ community.

I logged in the next day and received a bullet in the braincase before I fully logged in. Determined to tend to the flock, I stocked up on medical supplies and headed back to the church.

I setup shop the same way this time. However, this time was even more intense. One by one three survivors came in and out, all needing blood. I helped them and they went out. One of them even had a bandit skin, but he did not fire on me and thanked me for my help. Eventually these individuals wandered back, the two survivors first who grouped together. Then, the bandit from earlier walked in. It turned into a mexican standoff until I vouched for him. The group of three went off in search for loot.

I heard a great deal of gunfire north of the church and feared the worst for that group. The two survivors of the group wandered back into the church, one bleeding profusely. I bandaged him up and restored his blood. They realized they didn't have the bandit with them and started calling for him. Over voice comms, we heard him say his legs were broken and he was crawling to the church. I sprinted out of the church, fixed his legs, and we all returned to the church. More survivors made their way to the church, but the group of three challenged each one entering. People become real friendly with three muzzles pointed their direction.

Eventually we ended up with a group of five that stayed back, I volunteered to be their medic when they decided to head out. Unfortunately, a hacker joined the server and teleported one of the members to another town. While waiting for him, an unknown assailant began firing indiscriminately through the walls of the church. One member went down, killed instantly from a bullet to the head. One was knocked unconscious, and the rest of us took cover. I rushed to patch up the unconscious survivor while under withering fire with only a wooden pew for concealment. While rendering medical aid, we both took a bullet to the head and died instantly.

I may have had more luck with a unique play-style since it was on the Survival Operations private hive. I may try this on my public character to see what kind of luck I have.f

TL;DR: Playing an unarmed friendly medic in the Cherno church is somewhat effective. Not everyone will shoot you on sight. Maybe having a flare burning behind my head intimidated the banditos.

• Like 8

I found someones tent with a lot of BEEF and blood bags, so I ate it all and dropped the blood bags randomly around the forest. The tent was in middle of nowhere, and I found it while I was running around aimlessly.

if you need help, i will play a drunk guy in elektro, with you being the bartender in the pub ^^

• Like 1

You, sir, for your undiscriminating, fearless, and open-armed acts as a medic and Hero of the highest honour and sacrifice, deserve the DayZ Medal of Honour, to be awarded by President Rocket.

I did something similar myself.

I've been playing DayZ since early June. I've gone from the standard survivor on the coast, to shoot only in self defense, to northern woodsman, and now to a friendly medic.

I wanted to see just how many people would shoot an unarmed guy with a Czech Vest pouch with only medical supplies who blasted over chat repeatedly that he was unarmed, friendly, and willing to render medical aid. I've had some surprising results.

I started out trying to stand on the roof of the Cherno hospital by the apartments doing this in a perpetual salute or surrender pose. I'd blast out over direct chat what I said above. I'd make the random wisecrack about only blowing out a few veins and that I almost never hit the nerves.

Most people would see me, acknowledge that I was there, and went on their way. One guy spent a good five minutes chucking empty tin cans at my head, luckily I'm hard headed. Of course, one fine gentleman decided to unload on me, but I was able to take cover before a single round impacted my frail survivor body. I realized that people thought it was too exposed or some kind of trap. So, I moved onto plan B.

The church came to mind as a good place to setup shop. It's a common stopping point for new spawns and has enough cover to ease some concerns. This is where the surprising events came to fruition.

I decided to add some flair to the event. I threw down a few flares to alert people that someone was in the church. Then I had an idea; I threw a flare on the ground and picked it up. I stood behind the pulpit and assumed the surrender position. This placed the flare directly behind my head.

As the first survivor wandered in, I asked if he needed blood and he started cracking up over direct chat. He did not need medical attention and exited after looting the church. Three other individuals came in and out of the church, two of them needing blood. I quickly administered a transfusion and they went on their way. I logged out in the church with some renewed faith in the DayZ community.

I logged in the next day and received a bullet in the braincase before I fully logged in. Determined to tend to the flock, I stocked up on medical supplies and headed back to the church.

I setup shop the same way this time. However, this time was even more intense. One by one three survivors came in and out, all needing blood. I helped them and they went out. One of them even had a bandit skin, but he did not fire on me and thanked me for my help. Eventually these individuals wandered back, the two survivors first who grouped together. Then, the bandit from earlier walked in. It turned into a mexican standoff until I vouched for him. The group of three went off in search for loot.

I heard a great deal of gunfire north of the church and feared the worst for that group. The two survivors of the group wandered back into the church, one bleeding profusely. I bandaged him up and restored his blood. They realized they didn't have the bandit with them and started calling for him. Over voice comms, we heard him say his legs were broken and he was crawling to the church. I sprinted out of the church, fixed his legs, and we all returned to the church. More survivors made their way to the church, but the group of three challenged each one entering. People become real friendly with three muzzles pointed their direction.

Eventually we ended up with a group of five that stayed back, I volunteered to be their medic when they decided to head out. Unfortunately, a hacker joined the server and teleported one of the members to another town. While waiting for him, an unknown assailant began firing indiscriminately through the walls of the church. One member went down, killed instantly from a bullet to the head. One was knocked unconscious, and the rest of us took cover. I rushed to patch up the unconscious survivor while under withering fire with only a wooden pew for concealment. While rendering medical aid, we both took a bullet to the head and died instantly.

I may have had more luck with a unique play-style since it was on the Survival Operations private hive. I may try this on my public character to see what kind of luck I have.f

TL;DR: Playing an unarmed friendly medic in the Cherno church is somewhat effective. Not everyone will shoot you on sight. Maybe having a flare burning behind my head intimidated the banditos.

Hm, maybe I should improvise as well...

I will see how prostitution works out for me. Wish me luck, gentlemen!

It seems every action ends in death... Someone should do a flow chart. Would look interesting, lol.

It seems every action ends in death... Someone should do a flow chart. Would look interesting, lol.

Flow chart complete.

Attempt 3: The Lumber Jack

I set up a tent in town, and I would go in and out of town with loads of wood and stand near my tent trying to sell it. Again, I just got shot, and when I returned they had taken all 15 wood piles. Seriously? Who loots 15 wood piles?

wood mafia, for sure. once i tryied to sell cooked meat, it seemed a good idea, since i like hunting and it was an occasion to meet people..but shouting ''fresh meat'' in direct can be misunderstood

Again, I just got shot, and when I returned they had taken all 15 wood piles. Seriously? Who loots 15 wood piles?

A premium can of Heinz for you good sir, for brightening the last 3 hours at work on a Friday afternoon.