Sign in to follow this  
Exenima

Cigarettes

Okay so i know this may sound stupid, and i know it probably won't be put in the game, but what if in DayZ you could find packets of cigarettes?

Cigarettes would raise humanity. Lift people's spirits. In addition, cigarettes may add as a comforter to people. For example, if some sort of effect was added when a player killed another player, and the murderer got the shakes or anything, cigarettes would act as an comforter, reducing shakes and heavy breathing, and helping the character to be able to aim properly and shoot properly. Used too much, and a new icon will rise, telling the player that they need to smoke, otherwise the shakes come back for an extended period of time.

This idea isn't the greatest, and i put it out simply because it hasn't been before. But i'm just brain storming, giving idea's, even if they are unecessary.

Anyway's, tell me what you all think, and please don't go on about how it's a stupid, dumb, idiotic idea, because remember, it's just an idea.

• Like 3

Why cigarettes? What about something in which you don't inhale a bunch of chemicals. Grapes?

Well, as out there as that idea is, to be honest, I don't see a downside to having it, other than NEEDING to do it, then it would be sort of, annoying, but if it was just a thing you COULD do to stop shaking or heavy breathing, I don't see why not.

• Like 1

I think its a pretty good idea, in many good zombie fiction novels/movies ciggies are used as currency or as a resource. I think having them as a humanity aid is a great idea.

Maybe with persistent and prologned use risking obviously addiction related health issues could occur such as the coughing or the shakes you get when you are infected, that is if there was a need for PR style balancing - remember kids, smoking is bad! M'kay?

Edited by Box
  • Like 2

Why cigarettes? What about something in which you don't inhale a bunch of chemicals. Grapes?

I must try this.. Grape Smoking.

• Like 2

lol I heard of bannana skin smoking but not grape smoking! Sounds like the guy who made the suggestion has been smoking something he shouldnt have!

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

I was thinking maybe something along the lines of like a badge of honor? Like you have a certain spot for your cigs in your inventory and everyone starts with one. When a players kills you or Epi Pens and gives you blood. (Basically meaning he saves you.) He has the option to take your cig. And every 5 days in game you get another? Just some thoughts.

Why not. I like the idea of cigarettes being a currency. Or they could be just a very rare item of luxury. The only downside i see is that you add to encourage all the kids here to believe that smoking is as normal as eating or that it's cool. They might smoke in RL anyway but we shouldn't make it look cool or that you gain any benefit. Just my two cents...

Why not. I like the idea of cigarettes being a currency. Or they could be just a very rare item of luxury. The only downside i see is that you add to encourage all the kids here to believe that smoking is as normal as eating or that it's cool. They might smoke in RL anyway but we shouldn't make it look cool or that you gain any benefit. Just my two cents...

I know, and that's probably the greatest flaw in the idea. But hey, a games a game, and hopefully kids that are too young aren't playing this game.

• Like 2

Cigarettes would raise humanity.

Except for that part I like the idea. That's a part I always liked about Metal Gear Solid games, you could smoke cigarettes but it would hurt your health while you did it.

And every 5 days in game you get another?

Right. Because people who play this game love it when things magically appear out of thin air...
  • Like 1

Fact is this. If you want realistic game, it should include cigarettes.. hell even booze and drugs! think it this way. If i manifestated to the world after zombie apocalypse i WOULD smoke in chain and if id found alcohol or drugs, you BET i would use them! So all you healthy nazis out there, dont use em, bet you dont use IRL either but dont bark me doing those. Afterall its personal matter.

mmm drugs are bad, mkay?

so should we stop useing painkillers morphine etc? killing people is bad allso XD

if id found alcohol or drugs, you BET i would use them!

Because being stoned totally improves your survival chances. Right... you Sir wouldn't get very far in a zombie apocalypse.

Because being stoned totally improves your survival chances. Right... you Sir wouldn't get very far in a zombie apocalypse.

it depends what drugs and how much... like if you take morphine you would be high as hell, but ingame you magically heal! lol dont take me so seriously. :)

BECAUSE STONERS EAT ALL THE FOOD AND LAUGH SO ZOMBIES WOULD HEAR THEM ALL.

• Like 2

Probably not, but it would make it more bearable. You could die in a haze of glory.

(Kids - Just say no!)

Edited by Fraggle

Just drink yourself to death...

Oh wait... someone drank all the Jack Daniels...

Smoking certainly could relax your character but to see this added, I would like to see a finite amount of matches. Instead of the infinite amount of matches we currently have.

This reminds me of smoking in MGS to see the lasers. Good times :)

Edited by SumoS

i wouldn't really like them to have a positive effect...but i think they would be a great in game addition if they had a minor negative one if you get a bit too addicted ...so you could use them to give your character a bit more depth like smoking one after a kill or escaping death.

If you think about it though, in a real life zombie apocolypse what would be the first things raided from the supermarkets and stores?

1. Food and Water

2. Weapons and ammunition

3. Cigarettes and Alcohol

If you think about it though, in a real life zombie apocolypse what would be the first things raided from the supermarkets and stores?

1. Food and Water

2. Weapons and ammunition

3. Cigarettes and Alcohol

Personally would go the more natural way. Cigarettes and alcohol are very destructive. But I definitely agree on those being most peoples priority for stocking up.

Personally would go the more natural way. Cigarettes and alcohol are very destructive. But I definitely agree on those being most peoples priority for stocking up.

Exactly, and if i were to be in a zombie apocolypse, i sure as hell would want a cigarette to calm me down after a zombie encounter.

A downside to smoking would be that the burning cig can be seen out to a few hundred meters during night.