Sign in to follow this  
daze23

be careful where you put your tent

it seems it lets you put a tent just about anywhere now. I tried to be slick and put it in the middle of this clump of 3 pine trees. it let me put it there, and it was perfect as far as being completely unseen, but then it wouldn't let me access it. then to add injury to insult, as I'm crawling around under the tree to try to access my tent, I break my leg and lose almost all my blood

oh, well. some morphine, a pig, and a cow, and I'm feeling better. I need to find another tent though...

Yeah Tent close to a tree has like super tiny access "box" - You basically have to step side ways around tent while pointing to tent to find the access point...

the best is when you're prone by a tree for cover and as you turn you get "caught" on a root and the tree kills you. AAA gaming right here.

Oh yes, once i placed a tent close to a tree but i wasn't satisfied. Ok, repack it again and place it somewhere else. Bad luck, never could grab that packed tent again. The gear option symbol never showed up again.

if you place it you have to spend at least a few minutes trying to access it by trying EVERY angle possible. Standing/crouch/prone, closeup/2m and back more if needed. I've placed tents in a clump of trees and there's only one way accessing it (window box is very very small) and if you mess up on trying to loot it will kill you (I died once from it but learned how to access it safely with out dying).

Me and a friend once combat logged to trees. We found someone's tent that had good gear in it, and were looting it. Suddenly we thought we heard footsteps and quickly took cover prone under some trees. In the following minute we both ended up breaking our legs. Mad panic ensued as we decided to gtfo before things got more weird.