Rl-Warrior

Survivor Camp

Artificial

Less artificial than AI controlled camps and at some point there has to be a 'mechanic' for bases or there would be no advantage to go to one since they are too easy to lose while u are logged off. It works in Eve anyway but if u have some alternative, less artificial, way to do this i'd love to hear it.

Edited by Not Home

If u've seen 28 days later, there should be no problems to set up an camp in a fort or compartmentbuilding with your friends. Invite others over the radio to come and trade. When they arrive you kill them and take their stuff =)

You want to take a game where fear, danger, and paranoia are around every corner....and make it safe? You want a place to trade safely? You want guards stationed at the "safe" camp? Why are you even playing this game then?

As long as they're player created, player controlled, player maintained, guns can still be used, and they could still be raided, I'm cool with this idea.

Edited by KWilt

Not talking about AI controlled camps. Just talking about AI guarded camps. If this were a MMO then sure you could probably get away with trading camps run and guarded by players but not with a handful of players. Who wants to stand around for hours guarding a camp when you can just have an AI do it and the players just come to trade goods and join other players. Ofcourse the place is still vulnerable to sniper fire or whatever so its not really safe. The only way to be safe as in real life is to take responsibility for your own safety.

I think that this should atleast be tested and see how players end up liking or not liking. But as far as making it a completely safe zone, I disagree with that.

You want to take a game where fear, danger, and paranoia are around every corner....and make it safe? You want a place to trade safely? You want guards stationed at the "safe" camp? Why are you even playing this game then?

I certainly don't want these camps to be 'safe'. Trading camps will most likely be camped by bandits on the outskirts. What I want is an 'endgame'. Ownership and trade provide this. Group rivalry provides this. You still have the fear and danger. You have perma death no weapon to begin with etc.

I think camps should be far enough away from spawning areas so that it doesn't ruin the early game. For example u would need supplies in order to make it to one of these camps like devils castle so would need to play bean wars first.