mikxxxan

Safe zone AWESOME idea! (IMO)

I don't know if one of theese threads already exists but here is an idea.

What about making some Hub cities where people go to trade items team up for loot hunts or just chat.

the idea is to make an area scripted so no one can PvP inside of it. thus making it safe for players to trust each other inside of it.

it would add some RPG feeling to the game and also add some interessting elements. also it would encourage people to come up with a currency system.

And it would add more to the game than just the seneless killing. rocket said he wanted the game to be realistic and i think there is alot more realism to the game if cities like that existed.

and if realism is the problem with hub cities you can allways make NPC guards that hunts down and kills a player who PvP'ed in a safe zone for a certain 100% death. that way the realism of the game would be kept and no one would still PvP inside a safe zone.

What do you guys think?

How does it make it more realistic if theres an area where you can't kill people? Rocket has stated numerous times that he wants to leave most of the in game aspects to the players themselves - so maybe some players can get together and form a city, where guns have to be holstered at all times. A player can still walk into this city and start shooting, but they will be killed and banned from entering the city by the players themselves. Things like this should not be scripted in, they should be implemented and adapted by the players.

• Like 1

Fuck no carebear city gtfo

Oh look we have a CoD kid in here. i wouldnt call it a carebear city. it just adds more to the game if you could actually trade stuff with other players etc. right now dayz is only pvping it's mindless it's so much less of a game that it can be. this is suppose to be a zombie apocalypse game not a deathcmatch game with zombie bots

How does it make it more realistic if theres an area where you can't kill people? Rocket has stated numerous times that he wants to leave most of the in game aspects to the players themselves - so maybe some players can get together and form a city, where guns have to be holstered at all times. A player can still walk into this city and start shooting, but they will be killed and banned from entering the city by the players themselves. Things like this should not be scripted in, they should be implemented and adapted by the players.

as i said. if it's an issiue of realism you could allways make it possible to PvP inside of the safe zone but there would be a penalty for doing it.

Also another hell no to NPCs. All of your ideas go against what makes DayZ great

DayZ WAS great. until all the player interaction stopped and everyone just camped with snipers. this game has fallen down to a normal deathmatch game.

Oh look we have a CoD kid in here.

Oh my I do believe we have another person butthurt that a 8 year old with an intervention quick scoped him one too many times. Seriously, I hate CoD but not everyone is fanboy of it...

Anyway, I have stated in one of these threads before that a form of safe zone must be only implemented through players.

I think what I had said was that a player and or group of players could temporarily liberate a city and or town from zombies for a couple of hours and keep it as a safe zone. The spawning of items would be cut by 50% or so the buildings don't yield as many items in the hour or so the city is zombie free. After a while, zombies start spawning again and then must be cleared out to maintain the "safe zone"

Or the NPC version of it, once a town is liberated, a few npc's spawn with lower tier weapons that help defend the city from zombie waves as in ever 20-30 minutes 20 zombies will spawn per guard and the amount of guards will only be about 4-6 and will be placed a key locations in the city. This one is fairly unlikely but just a thought because I am against on having npc guards.

No safe zones. You should NEVER be safe and interactions should always be tense.

Whats to stop snipers from camping just outside the city, waiting for a group to come out before firing on them?

"Want to join me and loot NWAF?"

"Sure friend!"

*Half-way to NWAF*

"JK I shoot now LAWLZ"

*Shoots you in the dome.*

DayZ WAS great. until all the player interaction stopped and everyone just camped with snipers. this game has fallen down to a normal deathmatch game.

Ya now its people running up behind you in Cherno yell through Direct Chat Channel, and i quote, "AJSHDASJBNAsjfJASBASB IM GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!"

This funny quote (better in voice chat if you could hear it) happened the other day in Cherno, and i turn to see my attacker, and find a fresh spawn with a Lee Enfield charging me... i sad F*** it and one shot him with my silenced pp-19 =3 in the head of course xD

Edited by Undrun SIgna

nopeeeeee

• Like 2

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I guess it's just about the time of the week for this thread to start again...

Edited by Dutch Miller