Torndeco (DayZ)

Acceptable for a server to kick for barbed wire / sandbags / hedgehog's / bear traps ?

Server Kicking  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Server kick for any of the following ? (multiply choice)

• Stupid idea, never kick
    • Kick for barbed wire
    • Kick for hedgehogs
    • Kick for sandbags
    • Kick for bear traps

Has anyone ever done this before i.e changed createvehicle to kick for it ?

And just had a warning up in MOTD about it

Since the items are generally just used to grief players most of them & come back after each server restart...

And more importantly would people find it acceptable ?

Just curious since i had 1 person plant 52 barbed wire 56 sandbags 47 hedgehogs and still doing it till i banned the individual

• Like 1

We need official servers without biased admins. That you even come up with a question like this...

...shows how hard it is to be an Admin in Dayz?

...shows how bad the hacking problem has become?

...shows how poor the admin tools and logs are for us?

Come on man, finish the sentence.

Its a very simple question & i asked for general feedback on the idea + its for a private server.

I know i am slighty annoyed over it, but its either leave as is, or this stop gap solution until have tools available to reset server instance (currently in the works).

Thats why i asked here for feedback & a poll to avoid me making a biased decision.

Imagine jumping onto a server and going to cherno and seeing 50 tank traps + 50 barbed wire + 50 sandbags, with no way of removing it as an admin, without access to the hive.

Person = banned, but the damage caused remains afterwards...

Edited by Torndeco

I wish all admins would ban for putting it down. There is no use for it right now. It can still cause artifacts and anyone who likes it is only using it like a jackass to block off buildings.

-It causes artifacts

-Players can easily jump over them

-Zombies glitch through them

THEY ARE USELESS AND JUST HINDER THE GAME!

kick

If the situation you said, sure its fine to ban that person considering the bugs they can cause.

IMHO they need to just replace barbed wire with sandbags.

I would never kick anyone from my server for using these items. Can they be annoying when used to block off important locations? Absolutely.

But that is what a toolbox is for. I spent 45 minutes once cutting my way into a campsite that a clan obviously spent great care in protecting.

Setting up wire and such around your camp not only helps protect it and warn people that the area is hot, it also looks cool and can be used to simply show that someone was there.

I once found something that looked like a modern day Stonehenge built on top of a mountain out of sandbags and hedghogs as a makeshift heli landing pad. It looked awesome and helped the pilots find their landing site while at the same time, reminded me that other players visit the same mountain I just trekked all the way out to in the middle of nowhere.

And bear traps... they are fun for leaving outside of a tent when you find it is full of hacked/duped gear.

Edited by cash4gold

no kick deff.

its a part of dayz, i will however once in a while go clean the DB from thoose items, if enough complain about em :)

but deff not worth kicking or banning people for.

and it has alot of purposes, besides harrasing people lol

Edited by Byrgesen

I don't mind people using them for camps, etc, but when it's used just to block off loot areas, that's an immediate kick. When the createvehicle log shows 20+ of any of those in a row from a single player...ban. They're only doing it to grief. I've spent many an hour clearing buildings because of idiots like that.

Thx for replays in the feedback & to the people that bothered to vote :)

Anyway i wont be altering the createvehicle.txt....

I just hold out hope for barbed wire to get removed in next version, believe there was some talk about it in announcements not to long ago..

And hopefully i wont need todo another complete server wipe again to clean it up. [dont have access to the private hive]