DemonGroover

Bandit/Survivor Servers

I am sure this has been brought up - though i couldnt find anything myself.

Rocket has said that the Humanity point system is still in the background of the game and is recorded. So why not have a few servers where you cannot logon if your Humanity is too low or some for too high.

So all the goody two shoes Samaritans can play out the Waltons on one server while bandits can play Mad Max the Road Warrior on another.

For what its worth i played the single player Day z mod and have to say it is boring without the thrill of knowing a bandit could be about to pop your skull. Until the Zeds are actually made a main threat only other players are about can give the true Day Z experience

Thing is, doing this would allow players to respawn on a friendly server and loot the military bases with almost no danger. Then when they have their weapons go off and kill players in the servers that don't have this. Some friendly players like the thrills of bandits like you said but that means they would play in a server were there are bandits who are fully geared up from raiding friendly servers.

Bad, Bad idea. Why seperate them, your missing the point mate, by a long way, like Pluto.

I am sure this has been brought up

This is where you should have ended your post and decided it was best to leave it.

They want the threat of bandits but they want it to be manageable, just enough danger to give them a slight rush, to sweeten the taste of their zombie slaying and loot piling. We add a bit of pepper to their role-play and a dark subtext to their youtube videos.

But, when something doesn't go to script, when their merry band is ravaged by howling bandits and their corpses defiled, thrust back to the Heinz beach. They storm the forums and wail at its threads, demanding bells around our necks and sickness in our veins.

I am sure this has been brought up

This is where you should have ended your post and decided it was best to leave it.

Look out, it's the Search Police!!!

The idea has its' merits, but they aren't practical. It's like removing PVP from the game, or in other cases, letting loose a pack of wolves among a flock of grazing, fat, ignorant sheep.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM DELICIOUS NOOB TEARS! What shit loot to boot, too! lol

Hey - fair enough comments. Just saying. This is a suggestion forum after all. I think bandits definitely are needed to spice the game up - if everyone was friendly it would just be a zombie massacre game.

However the other end of the spectrum is just as boring for some players. Do players actaully get enjoyment popping off new spawns with a DMR from 400m?