DonkiiPuncH

HUD changes, Bring back the Murder/ Bandit count please!!!

So I have downloaded all the latest patches/ updates today and now the HUD (Debug monitor) is gone. To be honest I cant say I care too much. I get the reasons behind it, to make the game more realistic and thats fine. The blood, meh, I can tell when im in bad shape and generally by hunting game and using blood transfusions I stay well on top of it ( not that it matters since 90% of the time now I get killed by someone with a silenced whatever that drops me like a tonne of shit and dont get an opportunity to patch myself up anyway.). Humanity is the same too, most of the time its in negative, I hunt ppl, so thats fine. Dont really care how many zombies are around or how many ive killed. The thing that I think should stay are the Bandit/Murder counts, or at least have some way of knowing if you have killed someone. My reasoning for this is that I play as a group, we hunt as a pack. Usually when we come on ppl we all co-ordinate an attack and shoot together and up until today the HUD was the only way of telling who got the kill. Now its like ummm... did I get him or....did you..... it has diminished bragging rights. Now I know that in reality, if a group of ppl opened fire on a person/people that there would be no way of telling who made the fatal shot, short of a lengthy forensic investigation, but at the end of the day, this is a game. For those who play as Bandits (Arseholes :P) we like to know that we got the kill. It is part of the fun. I hope they reconsider, or at least introduce another method of knowing if you got the kill. But regardless the Mod keeps getting better, keep up the good work guys!

But do mind that if you turn the debug monitor back on, all your indicators will be glitched in full green.

• Like 1

There is no need for a kill count. All it does is give people an incentive to run around killing noobs while saying to their friends on TS yeaaaa im 10 and 0 !! Dont get me wrong, im a bandit myself. But i dont kill just to have a higher number that no one else can see.

• Like 4

Yeah I dont really care about the kill count itself, I'm not fussed with numbers and tbh I usually dont get that many kills each life as I rarely find silenced weapons so when I start shooting I attract half the population and end up getting hunted down also. I more or less just want to know when I'VE gotten the kill. More for the fact that I can gloat to my brother that I got it. I dunno, for me not having it kind of takes away my enjoyment.

naaah just the bandit skin I mean really you should be able to tell a bandit from a regular joe

I

There is no need for a kill count. All it does is give people an incentive to run around killing noobs while saying to their friends on TS yeaaaa im 10 and 0 !! Dont get me wrong, im a bandit myself. But i dont kill just to have a higher number that no one else can see.

Agreed. This game doesn't need a K/D ratio.

I personally dont find the need for a kill count. The game is about surviving, not how many players you kill.

I personally dont find the need for a kill count. The game is about surviving, not how many players you kill.

Tell that to CoD kiddies like DokiiPuncH here lol

We all know what this was really about.

"Can we put the Murder/Bandit count up so that I don't get shot in the face by opponents playing dead when I go to loot their bodies?"

Now i have the option i turn off all of my HUD icons. No kill counts, no thirst indicator, no blood meter, nothing. Makes things a lot more interesting when you have to look down your body (3rd person off) to check if you're wounded and can only guess by the saturation of the colors how badly you're injured. Let yourself only check your exact blood count in safe places or only on respawn or in the hospital, if at all. Try it, after a while you'll like it.

Tell that to CoD kiddies like DokiiPuncH here lol

LOL. I dont think its so unreasonable to know when you have actually killed someone. For example when I was playing earlier today, my brother and I came down from the NW airfield to the starry sobor tents and there were 2 players there searching the tents. As I was running through the bush to flank them from the east my brother opened fire on one. He hit him and the guy ran into a tent then logged out, as did his companion. Now at the time we didnt know that they had, we didnt know if he was dead or hiding in there, where the other one had gone or anything. What also made this even more confusing was that another person completely unrelated to our incident died just after this all took place. I crept down and couldnt hear any flies so we decided that they must have logged as the zombies had mostly disappered. So about ten minutes later they both logged back in (on the hill mind you, not the tents, so they had gone to another server and moved positions tsk tsk) and proceeded to try find us. Didnt work out for them as we did kill one and the other bitched out again. The beauty of this game is that you can play it your way. Yes it might be about survival but I gave up trying to "survive" by building a basecamp with tents, supplies, vechiles etc a long time ago after the script kiddies started dropping me from sky, nuking servers and the like. For me its more a more productive use of my time to find a weapon and hunt. Weird how someone playing a FPS would want to shoot people huh? Each to their own.