aaronivo@gmail.com

Did you know scripters can get you banned?

So if we do get banned, WTF do we do about it? its not like we can prove we are not hacking

I am trying one approach by buying a CD key from a vendor. If that doesnt work, then I will just make a second steam account or buy retail version.

Just found out from a scripter I know and he said he can get other people globally banned by running the script through them.

Rubbish.

• Like 1

Just found out from a scripter I know and he said he can get other people globally banned by running the script through them.

I highly doubt that.

Sounds like an angle to ask for a removal of a ban.

This rumor has been going around for some time now and there has been zero evidence that proves anything of this sort. In fact, with dev statements going against this rumor, you could say there's evidence to the contrary.

Please stop spreading this crap, all it does is both make you look like a fool and scare people for no reason.

Its bullshit. Dont buy into this crap. This rumour has been around since the beginning and i am still yet to meet ONE victim of it.

• Like 2

Its bullshit. Dont buy into this crap. This rumour has been around since the beginning and i am still yet to meet ONE victim of it.

Cool. Thanks Delta.

Not that i instantly believed it. But these hackers/scripters have no morals at all. So god knows what they are capable of.

Also...

Just found out from a scripter I know

from a scripter I know

a scripter I know

Uh-huh... A scripter "You know". Even if it's not you looking to get some people banned, why are you associating with skiddies?

Edited by Nick8478
  • Like 1

rubbish is it? tell me what server your playing and your name and then tell me its rubbish

All in my profile - go right ahead.

• Like 2

Uh-huh... A scripter "You know". Even if it's not you looking to get some people banned, why are you associating with skiddies?

Have to agree. If you cared for the mod & the community in general...report this idiot scripter.

Oh no, you prob won't ... cos he's your mate. What was i thinking. Just turn a blind eye to it right? I mean ... what harm is he doing?

...good grief.

Because she isn't a dumbass who just buys other peoples crap. And what does it matter if i am a scripter or not i'm still telling you guys the same thing.

Might as well lock this if people aren't going to listen to me.

BattlEye does not ban anyone for scripts. So even if this is possible, it's impossible to garner a global ban from it. If this is possible (unlikely) then the worst that could ever happen is a local ban from the server admin.

Someone already tried this scare tactic on reddit and Rocket himself personally shot down the poster saying he didn't even know how to respond to the guy if he fundamentally misunderstands how BattlEye works to that degree.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/zeloz/hackers_are_able_to_global_ban_entire_servers/

That effectively is confirmation from a Bohemia Interactive employee that global bans from scripts themselves is impossible and does not happen. BattlEye does not and will not ban for scripts. It bans for the bypasses people are using to try and get around BattlEye to run their scripts.

So, this thread is over. What has been claimed is 100% impossible.

Stop spreading lies.

• Like 3

BattlEye does not ban anyone for scripts. So even if this is possible, it's impossible to garner a global ban from it. If this is possible (unlikely) then the worst that could ever happen is a local ban from the server admin.

Someone already tried this scare tactic on reddit and Rocket himself personally shot down the poster saying he didn't even know how to respond to the guy if he fundamentally misunderstands how BattlEye works to that degree.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/zeloz/hackers_are_able_to_global_ban_entire_servers/

That effectively is confirmation from a Bohemia Interactive employee that global bans from scripts themselves is impossible and does not happen. BattlEye does not and will not ban for scripts. It bans for the bypasses people are using to try and get around BattlEye to run their scripts.

So, this thread is over. What has been claimed is 100% impossible.

Stop spreading lies.

Boodgie, guess that is that.

Because she isn't a dumbass who just buys other peoples crap. And what does it matter if i am a scripter or not i'm still telling you guys the same thing.

Might as well lock this if people aren't going to listen to me.

You are clearly an idiot, and nothing is ever going to change that.

Doesn't buy other people's crap? Whatever the fuck you mean by that, it's no excuse to ruin other's game by hacking.

I hate to drag this up but I want to add something.

After running a couple servers for 2 weeks and dealing with a lot of hackers I started digging around more.

-----------------------

Before saying this, I already know I'm going to get the hackusation BS that everyone likes to throw around on here. But bottom line is, I've had the same GUID since I started playing over 2 months ago and that is never going to change. So if you want to try call hacks on me, go right ahead, it's falling on deaf ears.

-----------------------

So this morning I went to one of the more popular private hack sites. I paid the $10 so I could read their private forum. The way I look at it, I pay $80 a month for servers so I consider $10 for access to this info pretty valuable.

THE FIRST THREAD I see was this:

[script] take control over other players!

The gist of this thread is, it allows them to completely take over any player on the server. Once they take the person over, they have full control. This includes spawning items to that player, ect.

Now, I don't know if this can result in a ban for the player that is taken over but this seems like something that's really important to watch. Not something to be brushed off as impossible.

I really hope the Battleye people watch forums like this one.

Yeah, take over contorl of the player's character in game. Not "Take over their GUID". It doesn't matter if they're spawning items while controlling your little character in game, they're still executing the BattlEye bypass on their own workstation and executing the original scripts on their workstation, therefore from their GUID -- not yours. Just like Rocket has already stated, it's impossible to be globally banned because of someone else's actions. Only your actions (or carelessness in the event of you downloading a trojan/key stealer) can result in your global ban.

• Like 1

So this morning I went to one of the more popular private hack sites. I paid the $10 so I could read their private forum. The way I look at it, I pay $80 a month for servers so I consider $10 for access to this info pretty valuable.

Paying hackers, so we don't have to... :thumbsup:

When hackers aren't busy spreading disinformation(lies) about BattleEye, they are busy stealing cd-keys, they can sell cheaply to those BattleEye succesfully caught. Don't believe everything you read on their $10 forums. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dallas

Paying hackers, so we don't have to... :thumbsup:

When hackers aren't busy spreading disinformation(lies) about BattleEye, they are busy stealing cd-keys, they can sell cheaply to those BattleEye succesfully caught. Don't believe everything you read on their $10 forums. :rolleyes:

I don't mind paying them because the information on the site is far more than what's available on all the public hack sites I watch. I'd imagine a lot of the info on their site is already available on AdminZ but I'm stilling waiting to be given permissions. The way I look at it, the more I know about what they're doing "behind closed doors" the better I can handle and identify threats.

I'm not here trying to sell this information as 100% accurate or am I saying I'm anywhere near an expert on how Battleye works. However, I do think this information is important for the community to know. Personally, I didn't know this was possible and it seems like a massive exploit that should be addressed.

I have no idea how/if it would show in the logs if a player is taken over and used to spawn items. But if it does show in the logs as the innocent player spawning items, it could result in a server ban and the person being added to the CBL.

Edited by barrycarey