RadienFire

Never killed another survivor. I'm one of the "good guys"

so recently while talking to friends about DayZ i keep getting asked the same question:

"how many people have you killed?"

now i've been play this game for 6 months now.

and i can honestly say, I have never killed another living soul (except for zombies).

now don't get me wrong. i don't just bow down and let other survivors walk all over me.

if you fire at me i will shoot back. in fact the most fair fire fight i ever had in this game was about 3 days after i got this game and i was still a crap shot (so i died)

but mostly when i bump into people i tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. move away slowly, and try to show them that i am not after their beans. and we'd all go off on our merry ways, with beans in our pockets still (it used to be 9/10 times this would work, now it's more like 1/10)

I am proud to say after 6 months of this zombie apocalypse, i have not sunk down to the barbaric level that most of these other survivors have. ahhhh if only the rest of this community was like me, it would be the most friendliest zombie apocalypse there ever was.

how many of you can also hold you head up high with the pride of not killing your fellow survivors?

• Like 10

checking out the scenery, going to the popular tourist spots. looking at the history and castle, shopping, the odd picnic here and there. oh, you know. surviving...

• Like 8

I had an encounter today while farming the barracks; someone joined the server so I moved into the pine trees and began scanning with my L85 to see if they were at the NW Airfield, sure enough they were across the airstrip on the West side, I could only see their feet under the bush they were behind so I moved forward a bit and was able to confirm it was another player, a few seconds after bullets start zinging by me I move behind the tree and prone so I can see them, the server had nameplates enabled so thats probably how they found out where I was because not one of those shots landed. I decided to hell with it as I couldn't see if they were a bandit or a survivor at that distance and retreated East to near Grishno, they left the server shortly after and I resumed farming.

• Like 1

I only hunt players who clearly just murdered someone else , I usually keep my distance and not point my gun at them. I only shoot players who clearly are chasing me down or have already taken shots at me. Today I was building up one of my bunkers and was doing runs in and out of cherno to have some guy stalk me and when i was loading up my tent with gear he tried to shoot me in the back and missed . I turned around and said wtf dude i'll gear you up! he then again shot and missed. so my enfield did the rest of talking. I'm not some dickhead player trying to just kill everyone i see. I build up my own bunkers load tents up like crazy and hold down areas keeping bandits at bay. Its cool watching other "real" survivors repairing up vehicles or working together.

• Like 1

apart from being point blank shot executioner style by a 1337 h4x0rz. i don't tend to get killed that often by players. i think my last encounter was with someone in the control tower at NE airfield. we both paused for a second and then went in opposite directions. i got away with my freshly farmed loot, and he did what ever he was doing. it was a happy day for all.

I usually keep every survivor as a threat at first, especially if I see that bandit skin. That's just because I'm playing alone. If it happens to be a friendly one, I'll let him pass. But if he even points his weapon at me, I will open fire.

This one time I wasn't sure if a guy was about to get cover or just passing trough, so I started shooting. After that, some guy killed us both. Apparently he was friendly.

I do kill people for their loot at start of a new game (If they happen to have something great). After that it's just self-defence.

Edited by Sutinen

Kill count of 3 in 4 plus months :) Two were spray and pray champions , i was watching/listening to them come up the stairs at the factory, trying to talk to them over direct as well as typing. They briefly saw me looking down at them over the stairway and started shooting, they were in a total shit position and i makked em to death. Idiots. Last one was a guy who opened up on me at Rog castle as soon as he saw me. I got to cover and bandaged, tried to direct him, he wouldn't talk or type so i shot him in the back of the head.

Been shot at plenty and survived, met heaps of people and hooked up as well as just saluted or done the qe dance and gone on our own ways. The ones that wont talk i find weird, i was pinned down in Cherno once, had a few shots at me and had got between two silos looking around for him, knowing he was close by as i could hear his footsteps above me somewhere. Tried to chat, told him..well so this is some sort of standoff isnt it hey ? Whats your plan? ..not really the talkative type are you gunslinger? i managed to get down a ladder and come around from behind where i was sure he was and up another ladder. Still direct chat plus typing to him all with no reply. Sat in a position for a while waiting for him to expose himself but noticed a guy had dropped off the server (only 4 others on) . Thought ah well he has logged owing to not getting me and not knowing where i was. Cruised back down and was looting a small industrial building, checked the server and he was back on. As soon as i broke cover he drilled me , busted legs, bleed death. He had managed to get across to the apartments in another server and then ping me when he rejoined. Oh the joy of the non talking server hopper sniper.

Anyway ..I count my 3 kills as had to be done so all good :)

I usually keep every survivor as a threat at first, especially if I see that bandit skin. That's just because I'm playing alone. If it happens to be a friendly one, I'll let him pass. But if he even points his weapon at me, I will open fire.

This one time I wasn't sure if a guy was about to get cover or just passing trough, so I started shooting. After that, some guy killed us both. Apparently he was friendly.

I do kill people for their loot at start of a new game (If they happen to have something great). After that it's just self-defence.

well that's just not very nice, there's plenty of nice loot lying around in those coastal towns. i can usually get geared up to the point i was at within a few hours. i know all the best farming spots for what i need, the optimal routes in and out. and where other players usually tend to be when they come to visit.

also i tend to find that after each death, i find gear that was better than my previous. but that might just be because my reckless "nothing to loose" attitude upon respawn makes me run into areas i know aren't safe. hell i even found a heli the other day with a tent and all the parts to repair it in. it was fun until my brother broke the heli and my tractor exploded while i was after replacement parts.

Not one to speak since I've been playing for only about two weeks, but I have never killed another player, and i have had many chances to do so. I play all day every day and I am very entertained simply by surviving, and moreso by helping others. This is why i hate the people that say "Surviving in this game gets boring, so eventually all there is to do is kill people." Like...no. HELP others perhaps? Make friends? Be a kind human being? Evolution is supposed to bring us together, and the players of this game are very good at devolving as it seems.

I'll be proud to be one of the people that DOESN'T devolve in such a barbaric way, and stays a friendly survivor. (y) Go humanity.

• Like 1

how many of you can also hold you head up high with the pride of not killing your fellow survivors?

Depends on how you define 'survivors'. I spend most of my time in this game roaming the coast, looking for new players and attempting to guide (or drive) them to safety. However, as you can see from my sig, I take great pleasure in removing bandits from this world, and because I frequent the hills overlooking the coastline, I have frequent encounters with them.

In short, I hunt the people that hunt you. If that makes me the bad guy, then so be it.

Edited by Angel_
  • Like 1

I was gettin tired of gettin shot by friendlies, ghosters and what else. Just Yesterday at the southern barracks of the NWAF, when i got into the barracks I was alone, after takin some stuff out of the second room I was heading back to the floor of the barack just to get shot by a server hopper that had just logged in at this very barrack. The worst thing about this game is the community, so basicly I´ll kill everyone on sight. I dont even care anymore if they are unarmed or not because it allready has happened to me, that we let pass someone and just about 3 minutes later we got shot by this "Friendly" that has found a gun somewhere.

Btw, the Server hoppers name is "Bolt" he is often at the server DE 274. (We where alone before this guy joined, that how I know.)

Funny thing is I still have right now 13k Humanity.

Depends on how you define 'survivors'. I spend most of my time in this game roaming the coast, looking for new players and attempting to guide (or drive) them to safety. However, as you can see from my sig, I take great pleasure in removing bandits from this world, and because I frequent the hills overlooking the coastline, I have frequent encounters with them.

In short, I hunt the people that hunt you. If that makes me the bad guy, then so be it.

it's a noble sacrifice for a better tomorrow :D

I was gettin tired of gettin shot by friendlies, ghosters and what else. Just Yesterday at the southern barracks of the NWAF, when i got into the barracks I was alone, after takin some stuff out of the second room I was heading back to the floor of the barack just to get shot by a server hopper that had just logged in at this very barrack. The worst thing about this game is the community, so basicly I´ll kill everyone on sight. I dont even care anymore if they are unarmed or not because it allready has happened to me, that we let pass someone and just about 3 minutes later we got shot by this "Friendly" that has found a gun somewhere.

Btw, the Server hoppers name is "Bolt" he is often at the server DE 274. (We where alone before this guy joined, that how I know.)

So if you were bleeding out, low on blood, running through a field from a zombie with one sniper bullet, no bandages, no blood, and I shot the zombie for you and ran to you and bandaged you up, then offered you blood.

You'd still shoot me on sight?

• Like 1

So if you were bleeding out, low on blood, running through a field from a zombie with one sniper bullet, no bandages, no blood, and I shot the zombie for you and ran to you and bandaged you up, then offered you blood.

You'd still shoot me on sight?

Yes he would because he's a fucking scumbag kid/asshole... like everyone else that plays this game that can't see past "OMG PVP GUNS N BF3 LULLLLLLZ".

~Sol

• Like 1

your problem is/was that you are/were to trusting of other players. i never ever join up with a random player just because he or she has claimed to be friendly. if at the time of interaction they need help, i go about it very cautiously. but i tend to avoid going with strangers anywhere (something i was taught as a kid ;) )

also using KoS just because you got annoyed at people for also using KoS doesn't really solve the problem. i've been shot a few times, it is a bit annoying. but it will never break my spirit and turn me into a monster.

this game is more about manners than surviving. if you corner someone they will get jumpy. if you run into an area they are farming, you will get shot at. just be a gentleman and let them go about their business. you'll find you tend to live a lot longer.

so far i've had both a 46 day old character and a 38 day old character. both unfortunately extinguished by hackers

Been playing for three days and can say I haven't killed a single living player in the game :) . I've been shot on site multiple times, but still waiting for that person or group of people who'll respond my yells of "Friendly!" in kind.

Ive been playing for 3 months and have lived out many roles ive killed well over 50 people but ive also helped alot more . I find ill build a charcter up for ages and survive in the woods eating cows and looting airbases havin fun just killing bandits but then I'll be murdered by some fool with a tws as-50 from

Fucking 3 miles away ! Then I go slightly insane useually respawn on the coast and turn into a mass murderer killing everything in sight it's fun for awhile and really helps your shot but then it gets boring again , so now I'm running the friendly chernarus chopper service bringing people where they wanna go while rockin the hero skin with 15000 humanity it's great it's about as end game as it gets an it's so much fun .

I Would assume you missed the shot and ran in the opposite direction. Dont get me wrong about that whole topic. But without side channel its hard to tell if someone is friendly or not.

On the lingor server we play mostly, there is Side enabled and we had alot of friendly player interractions. Just 3 days ago, while we where alone on the server at night time someone joined and after 30 minutes he told us where is at and asked if we could help him. We went there and gave him a blood bag and even had a nice talk with that guy. But in Chernarus isnt this way anymore plus we mostly opperate around "hostile" areas like NWAF and such.

First we tried to avoid others, if we saw someone we let them pass and waited till they where gone. But we got to often shot that way, because they saw us in the tree´s or for some other random reasons and started firing on us. We learned our lesson: If we dont shoot first, they do. Thats DayZ.

I Still miss the side chat.

I am right there with ya, I have been killed at least 5 times legit, 10 times by hacks, So, I went and rented a Server to try and keep it as friendly as possible, I have never killed a friendly or a Bandit ( In my opinion only) I thought the game was set for Survival and not Free4All, whats the point of camping a high access point or sit on a hill sniping peeps, that isn't fun to me, to me fun is running butt azz naked through NW getting 50 or so, maybe less Zombies on my cheek bones and trying to make it to the Closeable ( <<<Spelling - Me Tard) Hangers at the fair left end and get me some kills until my guns is empty and try and high tail outta there, I have played for a few Months and just exploring, staying alive finding good shitz legit, and sitting in a bush behind wall at Electro Fire House watching all the Bandits and Friendly's almost step on my head as they crawl or squat by and under the wall is a blast - So if all this sounds boring then I am sorry BUT I LOVE IT - Ahhhhhhhhh

Edited by Wabid Wabit
  • Like 1

checking out the scenery, going to the popular tourist spots. looking at the history and castle, shopping, the odd picnic here and there. oh, you know. surviving...

its funny how the PVP crowd cant undertstand that some people can enjoy DayZ without having to kill other players..

ps. ive been here less time then you (2months or so maybe 3) but i havent killed another soul yet either..

• Like 1

I Would assume you missed the shot and ran in the opposite direction. Dont get me wrong about that whole topic. But without side channel its hard to tell if someone is friendly or not.

On the lingor server we play mostly, there is Side enabled and we had alot of friendly player interractions. Just 3 days ago, while we where alone on the server at night time someone joined and after 30 minutes he told us where is at and asked if we could help him. We went there and gave him a blood bag and even had a nice talk with that guy. But in Chernarus isnt this way anymore plus we mostly opperate around "hostile" areas like NWAF and such.

First we tried to avoid others, if we saw someone we let them pass and waited till they where gone. But we got to often shot that way, because they saw us in the tree´s or for some other random reasons and started firing on us. We learned our lesson: If we dont shoot first, they do. Thats DayZ.

I Still miss the side chat.

places such as the NWAF are silly places to be on high population servers.

here is a break down of my playing styles compared to server population

20+ server population:

loot spots visited,

mostly low trafficked towns/supermarkets/barns/deer stands

play style,

super secret ninja sneaky sneaky, never stand and run unless in a dense forest, constantly looking around for movement, diving on the ground for every god damn rabbit that hops out a tree

10+ server population:

loot spots visited,

towns, larger cities, NEAF, millitary bases excluding NWAF, castles

play style,

sneaky but only when around traffic hot spots, will run through open field to get to cover. scan tree lines before entering loot spot zones

-10 server population:

loot spots visited,

everywhere and anywhere

play style,

run everywhere, constantly being chased by zombie hordes, keeping an eye out for none zombie movement, in and out quick as a flash.

generally on -10 population servers people aren't out to KoS. so if you do accidentally run into someone and make it clear you're not there to kill them, they won't try to kill you. just don't hang around.

also your logic is still flawed. if more people took the friendly root of not shooting first in time it will spread and people will realise "hey that guy isn't actually here to kill me, but just here to find some beans" and everybody would be able to skip down the road hand in hand into the sunset.

• Like 1

I've killed every random survivor i've ever seen without remorse, im one of the "bad guys:"

that you are sir.

• Like 1