mattdbx@yahoo.com

The Brutal Diary: Part 1

I've noticed that a lot of people tend to enjoy the story-telling aspect of the bandit forums, I'm not talking about the survivor tear-jerkers about how they got killed in cold blood by a bandit while looting Elektro, I'm talking about the well-written suspenseful tales of charisma, brutality, bravery, and skill.

If you're into narration type threads, you're in the right place. Many of you have been cruising around the forums looking for something interesting...or time consuming, take a gander.

Disclaimers:

1. I'm not a bandit, I'm a sociopath, a murderer, a scoundrel, a DayZ anarchist - whatever you want to call it. I kill anything that moves, not because of any doctrine, just because that's what I enjoy doing. I'm an artist, the ground of Chernarus is my canvas, and red is the primary color I choose to paint it. I'm a doctor, and though my patient survival rate is abysmal...my bed-side manner is legendary.

2. I don't care if you don't agree with my way of playing, you can leave whatever kinds of comments you want, you can rage, call me evil, say I'm an asshole...you have every right in the world to do so...I'm just warning you that not a single fuck will be given.

Date: 9/9/12

Locations: Elektro, Cherno, Three Valley

Kill #1+2:

I spawned in at Three Valley where one of my tents is located (Yay for 1.7.2.6) and decided that today...today I was going to be "that guy". I put most of my great gear into my tent...not because I'm afraid of losing it...more because I knew I wouldn't be living very long, and I didn't want to give something rare to whoever finally killed me. My Kit: Rangefinders, M14 AIM + 4 DMR mags, Ghillie Suit, M1911, Alice pack, Medical Supplies, 5 x cooked meat, Misc.

After putting on my play clothes, I was ready to go to the playground. I start heading to Dobryy from my camp, and I hear an automatic rifle about 1 minute into the journey...that was fast. I head in the direction of the sound, and I track it to a high value barn near Solnichniy. I see zombies going crazy in the area and I duck down and creep towards the barn...more automatic fire...and...a...winchester? There's Two?? I see the winchester survivor sprinting towards the barn, and I hold my fire...just to see how this develops..maybe we can have a mexican stand-off here...but no one dies, and they clean up the zombies together. Still pretty fun. I'm moving to get into position when they come sprinting out...fuck...They've seen me...but I'm more prepared. BAM 2 shots to the head, the survivor with the AK drops, his buddy with the winchester panics and serpentines back to the barn and around the back...zombies on his trail. I drop down and roll towards the corner of the fence that encircles the barn...in an attempt to get a better vantage point on the barn and the newly created zombie snack. I aim at the corner of the barn...my heart wasn't pounding...after all this time, and all this murder...it's more of a steely amused calm. The calm of someone with nothing to lose and everything to gain. I hear the zombies connect with a hit *thud*, and the survivor creeps into the open barn door from the other side. I stand up and sprint around to the same side he went into...just in time to see him creeping towards the door...his back exposed to me and my toy. I shoot him in the leg and hear the crack and the yell of his character, and I back out of the doorway. Unlike his friend...he has very little gear...it wouldn't be as satisfying to just kill him. I hear the *thud* as another zombie hit connects, he pops off two winchester rounds to put the zed down. At this point, I'm surprised he hasn't alt-f4'd...what an honorable playmate. :D I want to fuck with him...I tell him in direct chat, "Look...I could have killed you if I wanted...I didn't know you were working together...I assumed he was shooting at you....I'll help you...I have morphine..bandages...and blood bags...but I'm not coming in until you put your winchester on that zombie body and bury it. He says "fine...fine...I'm doing it...just chill." The zed evaporates, his winchester with it. I walk in...with the intention of bandaging him and leaving him to crawl to find morphine without a primary weapon. I walk in and he pulls out his pistol. I put a round in his chest, "Gator don't play no shit, you hear me?! You feel me!?". The AK survivor had nothing I needed except NVG's...but I buried them with his body. I grabbed a bear trap off winchester guy, and committed him to the earth along with his friend. A good start.

Kill #3:

I always enter Elektro from the top of Dobryy...just in case I catch a sniper slipping, or possibly find a tent containing goodies. I made it to the top and did a quick scan of the peak...a tent....inside: Civilian Clothing x 1, 5 x CZ ammo, 2 x jerry can. The civilian clothing makes me a bit wary...since someone may have recently picked up a ghillie from there. I scan the treeline below...I catch a hint of movement...nope...chuck testa. Then I hear an AS50 shot that was so close that it sounded like I shot it. Christian (2) has been killed. Now I'm scanning my ass off...prone....roll....scan....roll....scan....roll...THERE! I see the obnoxiously long scope of an AS50 sticking out of the dobryy pine trees. Roll roll roll roll roll. Another shot. Glassy has been killed. R.I.P Glassy...you will not be forgotten! Heart starts beating a bit...slow thuds that I can feel in my throat. I roll diagonally just in case he's not scoped in. I'm about 30 meters from the pine tree...I could kill him but I want this to be up close and personal. I get a look at his weapon of choice... AS50 TWS...cheap bastard XD. I smiled because even though he's probably duped more...it'll suck to lose it. I get about 5 yards away...and whisper. "The doctor is in." through Group chat. If he wasn't un-scoped before...he is now. He starts to spin, but doesn't make it more than 20 degrees, two bullets cruise on down to casually greet his head. Gotta take two at a time. Doctor's orders. I check his body...AS50 TWS, coyote backpack, AKM, NVG, range finders, GPS, Misc. I bury it all, after taking only his pepsi and pasta. I definitely have to be careful now...we didn't exactly use our "inside voices" while we were playing. I binoc down to Elektro...Zombies still spawned in town...Who in their right mind wouldn't GTFO after they hear an AS50, and a DMR (M14). Little did I know..the fun was just getting started.

Kill #4+5+6:

I head down to the powerstation firehouse, and place the beartrap (taken off winchester survivor) on the top floor, someone is going to have an absolutely terrifying crawl to the hospital :D.

I make my way through town and clear the grocery store, it's been looted, dead zed in the back. I creep around the wall behind the grocery store, and see someone kneeling on the second floor of the firestation. Too easy. He's pretty undergeared, lee enfield and an ALICE pack. I shoot his leg from outside then sprint in with my m1911 drawn to give him a fighting chance, not out of honor...it's just more entertaining that way. He wasn't prepared at all, he was bandaging/morphining himself when I charged in...two in the chest. He falls....no death message...no murder count raise...2 more in the head...Blastar1 has been killed. Only interesting thing he had was a frag grenade...I buried it with him...I don't fuck with those. "There's no way...that anyone is in this fucking city after all that." I think to myself. I hear a zombie running outside. I was wrong. I go out the back, and creep around and lean around the corner...there's a survivor running into the church...there's no way he didn't hear my gunshots. The front is barbwired off and there's a tank trap in the door...is he going to take a defensive position in there? I crawl over to the door (Aggro a zombie on the way...lose it in a bush), and roll into the patch of grass across the street, next to the wooden bus stop. I wait. And wait. And wait. Has he aborted inside? Right as I move to go closer...I see him in the doorway, he vaults out before I can get my scope on him and he runs right towards me...completely unaware because of the ghillie suit. Two in the stomach. (Are you noticing a pattern?). He falls...one more in the head for good measure. Christian has been killed. I didn't even check his loot...too vulnerable of a position, and I've made quite the entrance...if there's anyone else in town...their head is on a swivel. I check the debug monitor...201 zombies spawned. O.O. I back up and run behind the firestation...I press P and realize just how populated this server is...I need to be more careful. I crawl into the grassy area just inside the back fence of the firestation...and watch a bit...looking for any movement or zombie aggro. I see sprinting from the corner of my eye....A female character, basics, low tier weapon. She's coming from out of town, towards the church, I watch her attempt to drop zed aggro in the bushes to no avail. I wonder if she'll go into the fire-station...but kind of hope she doesn't...because that's no fun. She skips the firestation, and heads towards the church, where the fresh dead body is laying in the road. She backpedals around it...looking for a possible assailant...then goes prone and inches over to the body...curiosity getting the better of her. Curiosity killed the cat, and it sure as fuck killed Glassy. Wait...Glassy! From before...I'm sorry, but I avenged you...ish. She went down in one shot, must have been the head. By now...I'm pretty sure I'm going to die any minute...my mags are starting to look sad. I'm covered from counter-sniper hill, but any new-comer to dobryy might be able to get me. I decide that Elektro is getting too hot, I've made too many waves...I begin the trek to Cherno.

Kill #7:

I made it to Cherno...and I didn't encounter anybody, there were zombie spawns, but...I just couldn't track down the slippery bastard(s). I head over to the apartments. I'm crawling around the grass near the hospital because I'm fairly sure I heard zombie aggro around here, the glass is broken. I hear footsteps, I freeze... channeling my inner mound of grass. A survivor tentatively creeps out of one of the apartments...and right as the fog clears and I realize that he's my next kill...he's gunned down...30 meters from me...it was an M4A1 CCO SD. Shit. I look into town where it came from, and see a crouched ghillie sitting on top of the nearest industrial building (the one with the staircase tunnel slanting up it.) right across the street from the apartments. I don't know if he's seen me...I'm looking at him trying to inch inconspicuously into a shooting position. He's on the move....is he coming to loot the body? "If he comes over here...he's fucked." I think to myself. As it turns out...he was indeed, quite fucked. He didn't even make it across the street, I gunned him down as soon as he exited the staircase...much to the delight of every zombie in town who came after me. I sprinted over to his corpse and did a quick survey...he had an l85AWS in his backpack... I had to go soon so I took it for later...I guess I was making it out of this murder session not only alive, but unscathed. I logged out in the backyard of a non-enter-able residential. Ready to resume after running errands (and making this forum post).

If you read the whole thing? Kudos. I'll probably write more when I get bored, or have a particularly exciting day, but if you like it. Lemme know.

If you think you can hang with me on the battle-field, we can make beautiful art together, just PM me.

Edited by Zooks
  • Like 16

Wow....I don't like murderers, but this was one helluva read. Bookmarked for future reading! +Beans!

While your playstyle is a little unnerving, the way you romanticize it with your storytelling is quite intresting. This coming from a person who avoids killing others at all costs (Including my life). I'm curious though, while most other Bandits kill "just cause" you've stated your reason quite well. What I'd like to ask is 'Why do you choose to kill everything that moves?'

While your playstyle is a little unnerving, the way you romanticize it with your storytelling is quite intresting. This coming from a person who avoids killing others at all costs (Including my life). I'm curious though, while most other Bandits kill "just cause" you've stated your reason quite well. What I'd like to ask is 'Why do you choose to kill everything that moves?'

Well I started as a survivor, and I enjoyed the game a moderate amount, it was 'interesting', at best. When I got in my first gun-fight with a bandit...my heart was racing, the adrenaline rush was immediate and powerful, my fingers began to twitch from anxiety and excitement...I was hooked. I went back to being a survivor but in my mind I kept wanting to "get into more gunfights like that one." I broke down and went to Cherno with a Lee Enfield looking for trouble, and I found it, and I embraced it, and I haven't looked back since. I soon found that I had no "bandit's honor", I wanted to kill anything and everything that was not affiliated with me. Though killing people with something to lose was indeed more gratifying, I still enjoyed killing other people regardless of gear level. I began my spiral, and it's the only thing that's kept me interested in the game. No matter how many times I get fucked over by hackers and bugs, they can't take away the short bursts of elation I got from some good old-fashion murder. You don't need great gear, or to put in much work, it's fast, it's easy, it's fun, and it's what makes the mod worth playing for me.

• Like 3

Well I started as a survivor, and I enjoyed the game a moderate amount, it was 'interesting', at best. When I got in my first gun-fight with a bandit...my heart was racing, the adrenaline rush was immediate and powerful, my fingers began to twitch from anxiety and excitement...I was hooked. I went back to being a survivor but in my mind I kept wanting to "get into more gunfights like that one." I broke down and went to Cherno with a Lee Enfield looking for trouble, and I found it, and I embraced it, and I haven't looked back since. I soon found that I had no "bandit's honor", I wanted to kill anything and everything that was not affiliated with me. Though killing people with something to lose was indeed more gratifying, I still enjoyed killing other people regardless of gear level. I began my spiral, and it's the only thing that's kept me interested in the game. No matter how many times I get fucked over by hackers and bugs, they can't take away the short bursts of elation I got from some good old-fashion murder. You don't need great gear, or to put in much work, it's fast, it's easy, it's fun, and it's what makes the mod worth playing for me.

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by Foogals

Okay now you got me thinking Pyschopath style...

Don't suppose you have room for a fellow Artisan?

Of course I do, there's too much canvas to cover alone, I'm always looking for budding artists.

Love the writing style!

I too have adopted kill on sight simply for the fun. Sniping is my pleasure. Ranging, stalking and patiently waiting for the perfect shot. But I also enjoy some close encounters too.

well written, sir. have my beans. looking forward to future stories =)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm definitely going to write more, and often - though I can't figure out if I should make separate parts or just add my new stories to this thread

Why not to make a single screenshot to spice up your stories?

That way it would not seem so much as a bedtime story.

Why not to make a single screenshot to spice up your stories?

That way it would not seem so much as a bedtime story.

I would, but every time I try to take a screenshot, it takes a picture of whatever's behind DayZ, as if DayZ wasn't even open.

Your stories really good, I'm also new to story telling but I do mine through video. Could you please tell me what you think?

[snip]

[Video spam removed. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
Please stop spamming your videos everywhere

There's a new Brutal Diary entitled, The Brutal Diary: Ad infinitum I'll be adding all new (and old) content there

Edited by Dr. Zooks