Sign in to follow this  
rivitingone

Server questions and others I haven't found answers to.

So I've managed to stay alive for a few days now. I've scrounged up enough food and soda to stay alive (barely) and managed to escape 4 zombie encounters but I'm almost dead. Except for the random teleport massacres I haven't died yet but I have not be able to find any sort of weapon or means of hunting / defending myself although I've found lots of ammo. Now that you have non relevant back story here are my questions.

Question 1. Are the hive servers linked so that all the players on all servers are present or just the players listed on the server I am on?

Q 2. I understand that if I log out of one server I will be in the same place that I was on the previous server. Are items persistent among servers as well? If I drop something does it exist on another server? For that matter do dropped items stay at all or do they despawn after a time?

Q3. Regarding travel is it safer to travel through the wilderness? When travelling through the wilderness on foot is it generally speaking safe enough to walk/run upright? How do you typically travel from A to B?

Q 5. Is there any way to kill a pig without a weapon? Can I grab it and beat it to death or anything? Even a stick would be better than roaming around bare handed...

A1: Only 50 people per server (normally) , but all the character info are saved on 1 big server (Hive)

A2: No, Only your info are saved on hive. So if you drop something on the ground its only in the server. (example: if you find a vehicles, i cant switch server with it. the server save the location of it)

A3: Woods Are ALWAYS safer

A5?: No , Only a gun, Axes or Crowbar can kill animals (you need the knife to Gut it)

i hope i helped you! good playing

Edited by Duffman

Q1 just the server you are on.

Q2 Only you and the gear on you will be persistant across servers... vehicles and tents will stay in the server they are set, or spawned in. In lingor stuff despawns, quickly, in chernarus, it is generally wiped with server restart... but i wouldnt bank on it.

Q3 It is safe no where... but a running slendder(upright) target is harder to hit than a crouching fat target. Running is fine generally, but its all about situational awareness.

Q4 ?

Q5 No

Thanks for the reply! So do items that I drop on a server stay on that server forever unless picked up or the server is reset? I guess I'm asking if items despawn after a certain amount of time or can I make a stash. Edit nvm second reply answered it! Is that what tents are for then? Saving stuff so it doesn't despawn?

Q4. Assuming I ever have the ability to kill something is it possible to kill all the zombies in an area and some how fortify it? How does the game handle zombie respawning?

Edited by rivitingone

Q5. You'll need at minimum an axe to kill it. A knife to gut it. Firewood cut using the axe and matches for a fire.

Q4. Assuming I ever have the ability to kill something is it possible to kill all the zombies in an area and some how fortify it? How does the game handle zombie respawning?

No, Zombies respawning Rapidly