thelonewarrior

Suddenly everyone is getting global bans on our server

So we are playing and suddenly 1 guy gets a global ban.....then my friend is kicked for a global ban......then another player and another player and another player......so we leave before we get global banned.

Theres nothing odd in the logs as the guy who got banned is the admin of the server and he never cheats or anything.

The side chat starts goign crazy when we get to about 10 people banned and everyone starts logging off.

What the hell happened? Could it have been a hacker stealing CD keys in game and banning everyone?

There is no way this could happen to so many people in one go, something is fishy here.

We only play on the private server, and the logs came up with nothing

No haters please, no one was hacking ,the logs are clean, but something was going on

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Hello there

well this is interesting. No clues here, but if legit then could start some interesting waves.

Im keeping an eye on this one

Rgds

LoK

I was watching a livestream and people from the server started getting global ban. This is odd :/

Well we were on Lingor but there doesnt seem to be any bans on chenarus servers

Anyone have this happen on chenarus?

Battleye just announced in game that they just banned 2000 people and they said none of them are false positives

Ok lets say thats true.

But every one on my server 25+ people got a global ban, the only two people who didnt get one were me and another guy who left.

Lets still say your right......but then why were we ok when somehow there are 25 hackers on our server with no signs of hacking in the logs and they get banned?

But we were the only 'survivors' of the ban spree, and we also left the game and avoided it.

It cant be a coninsidence

Just telling you what the Battleye message in game said.

Well of course Battleye says there aren't any "false positives".

Same thing happened on my server this morning, got me as well. Never hacked in my life, but I'm sure Battleye is just gonna tell me that CD-Key stealing is impossible and they don't have false positives, even though we've all seen this happen to innocent people.

And the Day-Z team here will just tell me to talk to Battleye, like they somehow aren't responsible in any way for the company they've hired to protect their users.

why were we ok when somehow there are 25 hackers on our server with no signs of hacking in the logs and they get banned?

The other day I read a shocking figure that about 3% of purchases of Arma were legitimate (IIRC this was Nov 2011, I'm probably just pulling a random date out of my head though), if this statistic is anywhere near true, it would make sense that very many people were banned for CD key theft or a pirated game in a so-called ban-wave (When I was playing I saw a message come up saying that 2000 people were banned by BE today, I doubt this move by them wasn't intentional).

Well, 2 unbanned out of 27 is about 7%, but still near-enough.

The other day I read a shocking figure that about 3% of purchases of Arma were legitimate (IIRC this was Nov 2011, I'm probably just pulling a random date out of my head though), if this statistic is anywhere near true, it would make sense that very many people were banned for CD key theft or a pirated game in a so-called ban-wave (When I was playing I saw a message come up saying that 2000 people were banned by BE today, I doubt this move by them wasn't intentional).

Well, 2 unbanned out of 27 is about 7%, but still near-enough.

if that was true then why did arma 2 combined ops go to the top of the steam list when dayz started getting popular. yea probably allot of fake accounts and stuff like that but i think your numbers are a bit exaggerated

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHA.... buh bye hacking losers.

I'm hoping some of those lovely bans were some of the people who downloaded old detected hacks from the honey pot I have set up.

So far I've had 578 happy customers :P Best use of bandwidth so far this year. :thumbsup:

I'd suggest others do the same, grab some old h@ckz that are outdated, get detected and trigger a global ban and set up a nice honey pot.

Don't use the KEY stealers for honey pots because those keys could be sold to innocent victims.

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 8

I just don't understand why people feel the need to use cheats in order to play a game. However with this being said I hope all those bans stop by the forums to shed those hacker tears I have my bucket on stand by.

:thumbsup:

omg guys this has happened before and people who legitimately didn't ban are then un-banned... be patient.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHA.... buh bye hacking losers.

I'm hoping some of those lovely bans were some of the people who downloaded old detected hacks from the honey pot I have set up.

So far I've had 578 happy customers :P Best use of bandwidth so far this year. :thumbsup:

I'd suggest others do the same, grab some old h@ckz that are outdated, get detected and trigger a global ban and set up a nice honey pot.

Don't use the KEY stealers for honey pots because those keys could be sold to innocent victims.

Lol! :P

I hope this continues.

I think hackers and people who pirated the game are getting global bans - good.

I plan on buying the game and oa ( very soon ) and I have been for every other game I got.

Edited by nathan17890

The other day I read a shocking figure that about 3% of purchases of Arma were legitimate (IIRC this was Nov 2011,

These must be STEAM copies then (isn't FADE removed for Steam ?) because FADE has never been cracked. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a bullshitter.

These must be STEAM copies then (isn't FADE removed for Steam ?) because FADE has never been cracked. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a bullshitter.

I found the article:

http://www.pcgamer.c...y-creative-drm/

It’s not possible to provide any numbers. However, our statistics from multiplayer show that for every three legitimate buyers playing their game in multiplayer, there are 100 (failed) attempts to play with a pirated version.
Turns out it wasn't exactly 3% but near enough..

if that was true then why did arma 2 combined ops go to the top of the steam list when dayz started getting popular. yea probably allot of fake accounts and stuff like that but i think your numbers are a bit exaggerated

This isn't just a steam problem, this is widespread in the PC gaming community, so it is relative. Ubisoft reports that >90% of their game purchases are also pirated but this is getting a bit OT...

Ok so im 22 years old i just bought dayz and joined a clan, we get together in teamspeak and talk and stream... So i was on this server called Quiggs custom server yesterday at around 9 pm we were rolling in a tank killing ppl as its a pvp server and some guy accused another player on the server of hacking whe i assured him he was not hacking the dude said sorry i liked this server then all the sudden a mssg appear across the screen said His name "mcdougnh" is in the prgress of stealing your keys at first me and my buddies were like its a joke dont worry so we kept playing then after a minute it said keys have been stolen so at this point my heart started racing then all the sudden all of us are teleported to the guy and he kills us point blank with a as50 and then leaves well i kept playing and waited for server restart as it retarts every 3 hours and when i go to get back on it says cd key is in use and said it all night so at 1am i decided to reformat my computer so i reformated it updated it reinstalled arma and dayz and when i go to play it says im i got globally banned #e9..... ive never downloaded a hack never downloaded any program other than dayz commander ive owned it for 5 days and it was supper laggy for me i got maybe 15 fps max so i was in the process of building a pc for dayz and standalone ( can provide link to build).. so i would really like my money back if people are going around with hacks like these that can ban you or steal ur keys or id like to actually be able to play again and see some better hack protection ... idk what really i would just like to hop back in game with my clannies or my money back.. there were 20 other ppl on server who witnessed this that this is also probably happening too so i know a few names of ppl i was playing with but not them all.. (yes i did copy and patste my thread in here but i found it relevant to this one and was wondering iff ppl have seen things like it)

Edited by khawk3lite