jani.ehro@gmail.com

Safe lockers needed! (bank vaults)

This game needs few old bank safe lockers (vaults) here and there, so people could start establishing trade posts without having to fear someone just looting everyything out of a tent.

Safe (vaults) can be found and taken as own.

Safe has a code u have to input to get into it. Safe needs ied to be blown up, but it will destroy 95% of items inside.

Safe locations: chernogorsk and novy sobor.

Also some few more rndom locations.

Throw ideas.

I'll throw you an idea. You ready?

No.

I'm excited about your idea, and look forward to seeing it develop. I would suggest the following derivation of it though:

Hell No.

I can, and at the same time can't understand why people want to establish social structure and systems.

This is survival, tents were never really intended to be used in a mass storage barracks area to hold hundreads of different items. A tent is and was supposed to be something you can lay down on your travels, store some of your stuff in while you go loot the town near by. Something you would pick up as you leave the area.

It was never intended really for long term storage as I imagine.

The problem now is people are pack rats. They store n store n store and want everything to be stashed away and massed in piles of tools, food, blood, weapons, ammo, vehicles. When they misuse these as long term storages, they get annoyed when they find their vehicles stolen and tents pillaged.

Then people start thinking the problem is that they cant SAFELY store items anywhere, and demand safer ways to store items to even more abuse the intention of the game, which is to survive!

Now the second problem there in is survival. It's not really that hard is it...

The game needs to be made harder. Less food. Less drinks. Less ammo. Guns even rarer, farming removed, tougher temperature needs. More needs and survival complexity.

I say delete long term storage altogether. Have tents stay 48 hours after they've been pitched. Then have the server automatically repack them or remove them altogether.

Make people live from their bags. Make them take only what they need and prioritize, trade, seriously conserve food, water and ammo.

This is way too much a kiddy land and people are having to make their own fun instead of having fun surviving.

My 2 cents.

if you want to establish trading posts you have to man them 24/7 or you're cheating the system

This is survival' date=' tents were never really intended to be used in a mass storage barracks area to hold hundreads of different items. A tent is and was supposed to be something you can lay down on your travels, store some of your stuff in while you go loot the town near by. Something you would pick up as you leave the area.

It was never intended really for long term storage as I imagine.[/quote']

You "imagine" that? Why is your imagination on the subject relevant at all?

Second, why would a tent be in ANY way useful if this is how you used it? Not only does it not store a lot of items for me, but I have to have 3 slots in my regular inventory to carry it around wherever I go? What? How is that a benefit in any way, shape or form? That's literally worse than having nothing...

The problem now is people are pack rats.

In what way is that a problem?

I'm ok with this aslong as when you get killed, you'r locker is also destroyed.

if you want to establish trading posts you have to man them 24/7 or you're cheating the system

The problem merely is that even if you have men there 24/7 its way too easy to steal eeverything even under ur eyes.

Honestly, I think the storage opportunities makes for a bunch of really cool gameplay opportunities for people who have gotten past basic survival. Being able to establish safes would be interesting, but I don't think it should be added right now.

Once rocket adds a way for players to establish their own towns or permanent bases, then maybe safes can be put there and only there. Having a random safe in the woods is too easy.

I like the idea of a locker, or something not easily looted by any freshie that stumbles along it. But i agree that if they exist they'd need to be able to be circumvented either by explosives (perhaps destroying half the contents) or rare lock-picking tools (maybe limited use item). And acquiring a locker in the first place shouldn't be easy. Alot of clans or well established groups would like these as an option i'm sure.

um NO. Seriously hide your stuff better. This is survival not pokemon. You can already have a trading post. Just get some guys together and stand In a town and protect your goods. In a real apoc you don't think your stuff will get jacked? You can just put your items in the top floor of a building and leave em. You and your fellow "traders" stay on the bottom and wheel and deal (or more likely firefight). You don't want them stolen stay on top of them.

I already tried the trading aspect of this with hoards of food and drink... til a grenade took me and my 4 others out. It can be done but you may want a huge army (like any apoc movie has shown) before implementing. But don't make lockers so no one else can get your beans if you aren't doing your job and protecting it.

This is survival' date=' tents were never really intended to be used in a mass storage barracks area to hold hundreads of different items. A tent is and was supposed to be something you can lay down on your travels, store some of your stuff in while you go loot the town near by. Something you would pick up as you leave the area.

It was never intended really for long term storage as I imagine.[/quote']

You "imagine" that? Why is your imagination on the subject relevant at all?

Second, why would a tent be in ANY way useful if this is how you used it? Not only does it not store a lot of items for me, but I have to have 3 slots in my regular inventory to carry it around wherever I go? What? How is that a benefit in any way, shape or form? That's literally worse than having nothing...

The problem now is people are pack rats.

In what way is that a problem?

In that way it is a problem, as I explained under the statement, people get annoyed when they realize long term storage doesn't work reliably. People find camps, loot them, vandalize them, steal what they can. Your camp WILL be found. You WILL lose your items and vehicles. It's just a matter of time in all cases.

Then these people resort to either demanding more security and making this a carebear land or if they have a seat of power, lock or reboot the server or some such n restore their shit back.

Without long term storage, you would have no reason to keep still at one location, nor would you be able mass store hundreads of weapons n items that conveniently persist after your death. Surviving goes right outta the window, when you can just farm the shit out of a location for goods n gear and then just come back to it after you happen to die.

Do YOU imagine this is what rocket had in mind for a mod called Test of DayZ that's supposed to be a test of survival?

Let me get this straight - you're expecting a personal secure vault - in a zombie apocalypse wasteland?

Do I really have to remind you how stupid that sounds? If anything loot should last forever in containers around the world - tents et cetera. Anyone can loot them but if you keep it safe, your items stay safe.

People with ideas like this should think only one thing... is there a way to justify it?

How did every1 find a vault key, and why the hell can't I blow that vault down with my rocket launcher?

Nothing is safe, because nothing is safe. Today we have safe vaults because of guards, banks structure of security and laws.

After an apocalypse that burns all this shit, no vault is safe, so NO!

No. I'll develop.

Death isn't really permanent as we can still go to our tents. What makes this risky is that the can be looted.

Fixing the tent placement would be the solution. Not unbreakable vaults.

Forget vaults, I will tell you what IS safe and justifiable in a zombie apocalypse: burying stuff. We already have an entrenching tool. If you want to keep something property hidden you wrap it in a plastic bag and bury it, simple as that.

Heh - I like this. Saving your precious items in old tin cans and burying them sounds great. People would have to look for shallow graves to find items.

I like this idea....

However they would be a nightmare due to the inevertable sniper/ bandit camp.

In reality, there are padlocks with keys. Zombies near a house would have a what...NVG chance of dropping a key, that key would go to a 5-15 space storage safe inside that house. The safe COULD be picked up if you had room, and moved elsewhere.

You're probably seeing where I'm going with this: If you die, and your friend doesn't take the key, your safe is stuck forever.

Or at least until the key officially "despawns" from the world, no point having the safe then.