Sign in to follow this  
michaelmacdonald83@hotmail.com

Thinking of giving up

Been playing dayz for a while and love it. But every time theres an update i'm not able to play for a week or so. I use six launcher as dayz commander refuses to install. Keeps comming up with an error message even although its run on the only account on the computer which is an Admin account. Also tried re-installing the framework 4.0 everything that seems to have worked for everyone else doesnt work for me.

Every time theres an update It refuses to get past the loading screen for me. this time I did get past it to start off with but it wouldnt let me play once is saying that I was running 1.7.2.6 and it would only allow 1.7.2.5. and to download files from a web site which did not exist.

Now when trying to play it just gets stuck on the loading screen, no matter what server it is. the private server I play on or any other random server.

Honestly had enough and can't see the point in going back. Is the fun of playing worth all this hastle every time there is a new update? Ask me a month ago and i would of said of course. But as it continues I'm getting closer and closer to packing it in for good. I know, I know its alpha but why make an update that doesn't work through the main tool they choose to launch it through?

Have you tried disabling your firewall/antivirus? Might help you join the server.

hello there

Have you tried using a different launcher or tried to do it by hand?

For me, Armarize launcher rocks, there are many out there. Not just Six an Commander.

Try armaholic to find more.

PS they may not be as "simple" but are far more versatile IMHO.

Good luck

Rgds

LoK

If it makes you frustrated, i suggest you stop now and come back later when its either 1.7.3 or standalone, it'll give you a much better experience than having a bad time for a longer period, and then be dissapoint when it's fully standalone.

Stop using these shitty launchers and read up on how to do this manually. I swear everytime I read or hear people ranting about their DayZ not working they happen to be using a launcher. Coincidence? I think not.

I have told countless friends to drop their DayZ launchers and to do it manually, every single one of them now does it by hand and none of them has ever had a problem since.

Edited by Menny
  • Like 1

Stop using these shitty launchers and read up on how to do this manually. I swear everytime I read or hear people ranting about their DayZ not working they happen to be using a launcher. Coincidence? I think not.

I have told countless friends to drop their DayZ launchers and to do it manually, every single one of them now does it by hand and none of them has ever had a problem since.

Actually Dayz Commander has made my DayZ experience so much better, just my opinion though

Dayz commander has made my life better. I can see which servers are running a current version or what version they are running so I can match it and get in faster, I have a few errors occasionally but not like it was when I played Using only ARMA II multi. Dayz Commander is very simple to use and install but for the errors he's getting it sounds like it's not telling him what version matches what he's currently running so he may need more than a bit of help.