Sign in to follow this  
lethalwalou

Chopper problems

We found a chopper in Dayz and we've been having problems.

First one occurs after every server restart, the fuel level is empty even though it was saved, same with every vehicle. I assume it's a known bug but it could be a server side issue too.

The other question is: What happens when the pilot gets kicked out of the game while flying a chopper? Does the chopper return to it's last known position, or last saved position or does it just continue flying without pilot eventually crashing down? I've heard that it will continue for some distance and then crash, but is it the absolute truth in every situations?

-walou

the fuel bug was introduced with 1.7.2.6, for now we'll have to bear with it i guess (still better than no saving whatsoever)

a hacker disconnected me from the game once while flying the helo.. and yeah, upon reconnecting i was standing on the ground close to the position where i was originally flying. Chopper was gone however (no crash, no respawn)

About your second question:

If client disconnects = chopper falls from the sky and crashes (unless passenger manages to jump to pilot's seat)

If server restarts while flying = 1 of 2 things may happen:

1) helicopter gets rolled back to where the pilot's last known position on the ground was (as well as your character being rolled back to that location).

2) helicopter despawns = may not have been saved or even it if was saved it still has a chance of despawning due to Alpha).

Concerning your first question:

I think I've read something about that this is a server side issue happening since 1.7.2.6 and there will be a server side hot fix for that in the near future.

Ok. Thanks for the answers. I'm going to keep a jerry can with me in the future too, just in case. :)

So apparently we lost that chopper since it client that disconnected. We also are loosing all the vehicles too due to a admin abuse, but that's another thread then.

Did you repair everything on the chopper ? it will continue to leak fuel if you dont repair it 100% including the glass, you will need 4 x scrap metal and 8 x windscreen glass, I've never had problems with choppers leaking fuel once it was fully repaired.

Even if when you are inside it all the parts are Green, you should just equipp one scrap metal and one windscreen glass to see, if there are any red parts, thats your problem.

Second question, once the pilot disconnects the chopper will go down, i know from experience

Did you repair everything on the chopper ? it will continue to leak fuel if you dont repair it 100% including the glass, you will need 4 x scrap metal and 8 x windscreen glass, I've never had problems with choppers leaking fuel once it was fully repaired.

Even if when you are inside it all the parts are Green, you should just equipp one scrap metal and one windscreen glass to see, if there are any red parts, thats your problem.

Second question, once the pilot disconnects the chopper will go down, i know from experience

Fuel seems to be bugged. We have a few fully repaired vehicles and they are all out of fuel after every server restart.

I know it's not the leaking problem since we have almost all of the vehicles and after server restart they all lose of their fuel. I just thought if the problem was only on that server but apparently it's on all servers and being under fixing.

again: you have to repair the last windshield glass twice for the helo to stop leaking (totalling 9 glasses)

How could it help at all if every other vehicle loses their fuel after every server restart.

We've made a new notice too. You need to save every vehicle at least once between server restarts or it will be all broken after a restart.

The chopper will crash, as there is no pilot.

I would suggest either aborting or ejecting if safe [aborting is probably safer, considering you'll be placed on the ground upon next log-in].

About your second question:

If client disconnects = chopper falls from the sky and crashes (unless passenger manages to jump to pilot's seat)

If server restarts while flying = 1 of 2 things may happen:

1) helicopter gets rolled back to where the pilot's last known position on the ground was (as well as your character being rolled back to that location).

2) helicopter despawns = may not have been saved or even it if was saved it still has a chance of despawning due to Alpha).

Why is this guy forum banned?