karr

Suggestion: More personal/real characters, specifically, random character conditions

I think, going in line with the idea of making the game more real and intense/immersing, a good idea would be to have a random chance for your character to have a medical condition when you spawn. I would expect the chance to be very small as it would depend on the condition, but as well because people with such conditions would likely die quickly due to their increased complications surviving. Having different conditions could help challenge the player and give them more reasons to be in town/in a network of survivors, even bartering would be more necessary.

To be more specific, here are a few ideas.

Diabetes- a player could be diabetic, this would require finding medicine/insulin at medical tents or hospitals

Heart conditions- again pills/medicine found in medical spawns.

Anemia- perhaps sourcing specific foods from markets, increased blood loss from bleeding

Mental disorders- again sourcing from hospitals or maybe the inclusion of new buildings for this type of medicine. Possible challenges of distorted vision/hallucinations(mild).

Smoking, yes tactically its a horrible idea, and yet I can't imagine everyone just quitting if this were to happen. Could find smokes in different stores.

Well, this is a rough idea of what I have in mind. Basically I'm thinking of ways to increase the survival challenge, incentives to scavenge towns, and increase the depth of the game. Yes, it is likely that a player that gets a poor medical condition would likely just suicide to get another chance, but those who stick with it for the challenge could also get that needed increase in things to do, as it stands now, you can get a hatchet, knife, and matches and literally never need to come to town, this could be a good way to change that for some.

• Like 1

And osteoporosis ...

break bones all the time, need a truckload o morphine to fix urself up .. :D

• Like 1

Yeah, i just want to get the ball rolling and for there to be many conditions, some severe some funny some just there asthetically, you certainly have the right idea :)

And its also somewhat nice for those spawners that spawn/suicide to get a good starting spot, you then would have a chance to get your good spot and a slight chance that you also have hysteria, choose another suicide or a bit more effort lol.

Mental disorders- again sourcing from hospitals or maybe the inclusion of new buildings for this type of medicine. Possible challenges of distorted vision/hallucinations(mild).

We already have quite a few of those..they claim to roleplay bandits and shoot people from afar...The suggestions would be a fitting feature for them.

This just seems like something people would just end up complaining about, although it does add quite a lot more complexity to the game it will just add something that doesn't really need to be there. And if this just about making it harder, Rocket has a lot more in store for us to make things harder.

sod it why not add cancer to the list, Survive long enough to die of cancer. seems legit.

haha THAT would be awsome.

Addiction. I liked it in Fallout. As to being spawned with Diabetes, or other conditions: No, I don't like it. I don't see it. And I think it would only serve to frustrate and cause suicides inside a big crowd of zeds.

Addiction. I liked it in Fallout. As to being spawned with Diabetes, or other conditions: No, I don't like it. I don't see it. And I think it would only serve to frustrate and cause suicides inside a big crowd of zeds.

Thats what I mean

I'm for this idea. A lot of ideas get bashed on here because they are not realistic. Well when you think of it this game is pretty far from realistic. For example: as far as I know your character has no military training yet he knows how to operate all kinds of weapons from hunting rifles to Saws flawlessly. Also I don't think he is a doctor, yet he knows how to do blood transfusions. My favorite example of all of these is the fact that he knows how to fly a freaking helicopter, I mean the chances of knowing how to fly helicopters are pretty slim, yet out of all the survivors, all of them can.

Edited by The_Weapon1

My character just fell over dead the other day. I think it was an aneurism .

And osteoporosis ...

break bones all the time, need a truckload o morphine to fix urself up .. :D

Pretty sure that's already in the game.

I like the ideas and the support/hesitation, all very valid.

I think some randomness could add a very fun nature to the game, and if you're really just not into the immersion aspect of survival world then you can always die off and get a new character, or go play cod :P

I really dont mean for every character to have an issue to overcome, in fact i mean quite the opposite, a small small amount of survivors have a specific condition that would need addressing. If you dont want it, spawn a new, for those that dont mind it and are into that stuff, it might be some kind of unspoken pride in overcoming adversity.

Its not necessarily about making the game harder, but just stepping outside the box, getting away from the predictable without making the game rediculous. Add one more link that connects this game to what could be real.

I honestly see the posatives and negatives, but ultimately think it could be a nice addition.