Trizzo

Weapons you want in DayZ?

As the topic suggests what are some weapons you would like to see added too dayz? Try to keep suggestions in the flavor of the game.

-Personally a greater empahsise on civilian rifles/farming guns such as .22 calibre rifles. Ruger 10/22 or CZ .22 models, quiet but accurate, with a low powered scope. A fun combo, a solo survivors rifle.

-Call me a STALKER fan but... VSS Vintorez

- I understand why NATO weapons fit into the game but how the heck does a Le-enfield? Get me a Mosin Nagant dammit...and make it just as loud! Then replace one of the lame sniper rifles with a Mosin 91/30 with pu scope

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

I agree with your point that we need more civilian weapons, I'm not expert on what guns civilians would have stocked up on but the weapons in game now just seem like death matching is what the game's intended for. Well, in my opinion as long as there are Mk 48's and AS50's, why don't we just go full haul and have AA-12's and XM8's? If we go that route we could have more difficulty finding ammo, would be a nice change than having an abundance waiting around every corner.

I read somwhere that for Standalone there are going to be a lot more weapons, and more of them will look homemade/less military, which I like the idea of, but other than that I would love to see a Bean Can Shooter!

Edited by ImCptCrunch

I have one of those, I believe it's actually called "AS50 TWS -pbo"

You should try it out sometime.

nowhere close to the same

even the thermals are different colours...

25kkgh1.jpg

I would love to see fewer omgwtf specialforces weapons :-/ We need a better differenciation between civilian, police-type, military and specialforces-weapons. With a huge increase in rarity of the later two in both weapons and ammunition.

• Like 2

I would love to see fewer omgwtf specialforces weapons :-/ We need a better differenciation between civilian, police-type, military and specialforces-weapons. With a huge increase in rarity of the later two in both weapons and ammunition.

look here

I read somwhere that for Standalone there are going to be a lot more weapons, and more of them will look homemade/less military, which I like the idea of, but other than that I would love to see a Bean Can Shooter!

nowhere close to the same

even the thermals are different colours...

25kkgh1.jpg

The unlimited item penetration and thermal isn't good enough eh?! Well I'll stick a kaleidoscope on the optics for you.

The unlimited item penetration and thermal isn't good enough eh?! Well I'll stick a kaleidoscope on the optics for you.

the farsight can see through walls and moves itself to enemies lol

the gun aims itself at people through walls :P

You know if there is a Zombie apocalpyse there would be masses of military weapons in circulation for the simple fact nations have mountains of the things stockpiled and it wouldn't take long for people to loot them.

As Chernarus is Eastern Europe I would like to see less of the NATO kit (especially the exotic stuff and fake stuff... AWS on L85 is fiction its a hybrid of 2 real sights), keep most of the mil kit to former Soviet block kit add more variants here, replace the NATO MG's with PK type MG's, add an RPG and make ammo alot harder to come across (every bullet should feel valuable).Also more ambush type tools landmines and IEDS (again rare).

Also put in a repairable BMP only 1 per server and make it 10 times harder than the heli to repair.

All that stuff is currently in ARMA so adding it would be easy enough.

• Like 1

Bow and Arrow.

Uses the same ammo as the crossbow, reloads faster, does either less damage or has more arrow drop or something.

If I cant have that, then I want the hunting knife to be wieldable. lol

The Vss is in arma, feels exactly like it does from SHOC, insane bullet drop. Too bad it's not on the dayz loot table.

Chainsaw ftw. Although I imagine starting up a chainsaw would aggro every zombie on the map, but it would just be awesome to rev it up and cut through zombies and bandits.

I think more melee weapons need to be added, and I agree that the hunting knife should be wieldable, even though it probably wouldn't do a hell of a lot to a zombie.

I also agree that there needs to be more civilian weapons. Outside of the revolver and a few of the lower end rifles/shotguns, most other weapons are pretty heavy duty.

Bow and Arrow.

Uses the same ammo as the crossbow, reloads faster, does either less damage or has more arrow drop or something.

If I cant have that, then I want the hunting knife to be wieldable. lol

A bow uses arrows not bolts.so we would need different ammo for the crossbow and bow, But support the idea. A nice composite bow, but one would have to have access to quivers, Maybe with 5 arrows in each and be able to mount it on the side of the bow for easy reloading. Also the Hunting knife would be awesome

Also when it comes to well other weapons I think that weapons should be plentiful, but very little ammo. Also I would love to see a system where one could make ammo, It should also be very dangerous to walk to a military base seen as most people would go to them and therefor result in a very high zombie infected zone.

I would like to see a more realistic approach

For example

In a Post world crash you would not see bloody As50's they would be locked in military installations behind security.

Which you are not able to access without special things

All the silly ass extreme weapons would not be available, joe public would not be able to buy let alone afford.

The weapons should be restricted to what is actually available and should require cleaning for malfunctions etc.

Count how many As50's & AWS's you see laying around on your way to the shops ...

Not many huh?

Im not saying completely remove them but make them so rare and the ammo so rare its a treasured gun if you get one. .... until you die..

People should be saying oooh i found one, it took me a month.. etc

Not ive shot 100 people in Cherno with it today

M110 SD, and oh my god thank you for saying "sniper RIFLE". Hats off to you sir!

Exactly! We need small .22 rifles with common ammo in farms. Does the same amount of "blood" damage (Check DayZ wiki - Weapons) as a pistol and is dead accurate with low recoil, slow fire rate and doesn't make much noise. That's exactly what I'm dreaming of. Kind of like the Makarov of rifles.

What I'd like to see in DayZ is dual wielding pistols, on a side note I was also intrigued by the lee enfield choice, on a sovietic setting it should be replaced by the mosin nagat.

As for my wish list:

Desert Eagle (.44 / .41 / .50 / 357 ) I believe the variants in guns can really make a difference in player customization

Different camo on guns (they could make some spray pain that spawn in industria areas so you can change the camo on your gun)

And my last one which I call fantasy.. AVP Pulse Rifle

I would personally like to see some kind of modification system for weapons and general equipment :)

See Monkey Island for reference: Use huntingknife with Lee Enfield with Tape ---> Rifle with Bajonette :P

And the possibility of finding Scopes/Sights/Lasermarker to put on the weapon of your choice...

• Like 1

I would personally like to see some kind of modification system for weapons and general equipment :)

See Monkey Island for reference: Use huntingknife with Lee Enfield with Tape ---> Rifle with Bajonette :P

And the possibility of finding Scopes/Sights/Lasermarker to put on the weapon of your choice...

That should be coming (Rocket mentioned it, but I'm not 100% sure) in the standalone as a feature. Something like finding scopes and suppressors, then putting them on your weapon with tools.

I'd definitely like to see more low end weapons like .22s which require multiple hits on zombies but are quieter then the common dinnerbells.

It would be fun to have the Taurus Raging Judge in the standalone too if the pistol nerf gets reversed.

p1298925835.jpg