zyl0x

Where are all the effing vehicles??

This is getting out of hand. I cannot for the life of me find a single vehicle that hasn't been grabbed by a clan and stashed away at the north and western edges of the map. I don't really care what the solution is, but something has to be done about this. We can't just rely on server resets to solve this issue.

I propose that vehicles degrade over time, a very small amount for the first hour or two after a player exits the vehicle, and then exponentially over the next hour or two until the vehicle despawns, dropping all stored equipment.

All we have now is a huge sh*tshow of clans camping vehicle spawns after server resets, and those of us who actually play the game, need some way to get the heck off of the coast without wasting hours of time walking through forest and starving to death.

Edited by zyl0x
  • Like 8

Hoarding resources like weapons, tents, ammo, food, etc. is fine, because they respawn constantly. In fact, it makes sense to have stashes of food and such around the map, but with only like, 12 vehicles or some garbage, it becomes increasingly annoying to have these very few items taken off to the far reaches of the map and sit there unused, while people who actually play the game can't get to them.

Edited by zyl0x

Even if you find a way to get the vehicles out of the Clan hands, it doesnt stop the hackers who just teleport the vehicles to themselves. Sick of finding boats inland.

• Like 2

Grab the chopper and go vehicle hunting! It'll be on Skalisty Island right after your server restarts. Try this if you like (having a friend will make it many times easier):

1) Find a tent (grocery store, apartments)

2) Find a boat (on the shore)

3) Take the tent to Skalisty island via boat and set it up.

4) Collect a main rotor assembly, 3x scrap metal, and put it in the tent.

5) Collect at least 6 full jerry cans and put them in the tent.

6) When the server restart warning appears, haul ass to Skalisty.

7) When the server restarts, take your parts and repair the chopper, then pour all your jerry cans into it. Throw the empties in the chopper.

8) Fly to (132, 99), refill jerry cans, fill up chopper, rinse/repeat.

9) Go vehicle hunting and note the locations of the ones you find!

Might sound complicated, but this is currently the best way to find vehicles.

• Like 2

Maybe some kind of vehicle expiration system would partially solve both issues. I really don't care if it's a hacker or not - if the vehicle is actually being used, I'm fine with it. It drives me insane when there are a stack of 3 cars up in the NW corner of the map, and they've been sitting there for 6+ hours even though there's only one person online who's on the coast.

Edited by zyl0x

Grab the chopper and go vehicle hunting! It'll be on Skalisty Island right after your server restarts.

-snip-

That's a good suggestion, but in reality is really a poor workaround. The problem is that there are people who play the game and aren't sitting around camping server resets for a chopper. I want to be able to find a broken car within a couple towns so that I can move inland. It's crazy that there are no vehicles on the entire coast and I'm the only person on a server for two hours. I thought that was the whole point of having crappy broken vehicles in town - it made the game more realistic: get food, drink, weapons, supplies... find a vehicle... get the eff out of the big cities. Isn't that the plan for most survivors?

• Like 2

If you only drive vehicles then you will miss out on the sweeping, beautiful world that BIS created - just like you missed out on it in Arma 2 (if you have it) because you drove everywhere. The views in the mornings after sunrise can be breathtaking, you crest a hill in the forest and you just have to stop what you are doing and admire it.

Re the hoarding. Maybe we should start a thread sharing the Server name and GPS coordinates of vehicles (and tents) ?

Or, now that vehicles have been 'fixed' in 1.7.2.6 then just take some Grenades along and blow the vehicles the fuck up.

Alternatively, you can just do nothing because the hoarders use the vehicles as massive storage devices for all their hacked in weapons. So just take whatever you need, whenever you need it.

Edited by malau

randomise locations of vehicle spawns, end of problem

Edited by Guetapens
  • Like 4

cars should be made alot more common if you ask me why would every car be destroyed? there would be cars all over the place

• Like 1

if you keep moving up the coast there is a petrol station where a blue van spawns often good luck

cars should be made alot more common if you ask me why would every car be destroyed? there would be cars all over the place

and where are all the skateboards?

i dont think they use skateboards in poor russian countries.....unless.....YOU ARE RAMBO!

I see car wrecks everywhere, but let's be real. In a zombie apocalypse, cars would be plentyful. What would be a huge problem, is gasoline.

I just want to find a damn pedal bike!! I've found ATV's, tractors, cars, etc. (crap that needs fuel and repairing) but not a single stupid bike!

How about you have to clean the cars otherwisebit will degrade maybe get a car cleaning kit or something to clean it

dude, its easy my clan, not me, found lots of vehicles, buses are easier because they are slow, hard to maneuver and cant carry shit.

also, theres so many servers, just hop into an empty one.

Edited by indominator
  • Like 1

I hear your pain and I have a simple solution that is also more realistic. Put simply we need a lot more vehicles and a lot less fuel. Think about it, after a zombie apocalypse there would be cars in good condition left everywhere, the big problem would be that fuel production would stop. The only access to fuel would be what you could scavenge from what is left behind. Then clans could horde all the cars they wanted and it wouldn't do them any good or make any difference cause they could never fuel them.

Yes, just make present fuel tanks run out... how large they are, how many jerrys can you fill from one. Some of them could be already empty or partially full.

And like once in a "week or so" do a wipe with server restart that "reloads" them..

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

i meant that there would probably still be atleast a full jerrycans worth of fuel in the stations and if people started stocking up then there could be abandoned cars with a full tank of petrol and anyway there would be cars everywhere with small amounts of fuel in them

Edited by apache25

fuel would not be very rare you could just fuel up at a petrol station cars would be everywhere in the apocalypse abandoned cars crashed cars

And where do petrol stations get their fuel from? Do you think tankers will still make deliveries during a zombie apocalypses?

• Like 3

Grab the chopper and go vehicle hunting! It'll be on Skalisty Island right after your server restarts. Try this if you like (having a friend will make it many times easier):

1) Find a tent (grocery store, apartments)

2) Find a boat (on the shore)

3) Take the tent to Skalisty island via boat and set it up.

4) Collect a main rotor assembly, 3x scrap metal, and put it in the tent.

5) Collect at least 6 full jerry cans and put them in the tent.

6) When the server restart warning appears, haul ass to Skalisty.

7) When the server restarts, take your parts and repair the chopper, then pour all your jerry cans into it. Throw the empties in the chopper.

8) Fly to (132, 99), refill jerry cans, fill up chopper, rinse/repeat.

9) Go vehicle hunting and note the locations of the ones you find!

Might sound complicated, but this is currently the best way to find vehicles.

What about the windows? your chopper will just leak fuel untill you run out if you dont fix them.

What about the windows? your chopper will just leak fuel untill you run out if you dont fix them.

It's super easy to fill it up quickly if you just land next to a gas station (step 8). The instructions I gave are simply to get it in the air - it will also need engine repairs. (;