PresidentEvil

they should make non PVP servers!!

How would added Co-Op servers, "dumb the game down"? If anything, it'd enhance playability cause I'd have the option to go in PvP servers when I'm in the mood and shoot everyone to my hearts content. On the other hand, when I'm not in the mood to deal with people like you.....I can go play with my friends, or go meet new people on PvE servers and perhaps enhance my abilities to play, or get to know the map more.

It severely decreases difficulty/danger for a start (to the point where there would basically be none), and removes one of the main things that makes DayZ what it is.

It is meant to be an unforgiving, punishing world. Removing that is practically the definition of dumbing it down.

Edited by Dankine

It severely decreases difficulty/danger for a start (to the point where there would basically be none), and removes one of the main things that makes DayZ what it is.

It is meant to be an unforgiving, punishing world. Removing that is practically the definition of dumbing it down.

What you're not getting is that we aren't removing it. Nobody ever said anything about removing it. I agree, it is good to have, but it is also nice to have the option to dick around if one liked.

What you're not getting is that we aren't removing it. Nobody ever said anything about removing it. I agree, it is good to have, but it is also nice to have the option to dick around if one liked.

You've spoken about nothing else but your desire to have servers with it removed.

Dick around all you like. Why can you not do that with pvp on? The way the people actually making the game want.

Edited by Dankine

How would added Co-Op servers, "dumb the game down"? If anything, it'd enhance playability cause I'd have the option to go in PvP servers when I'm in the mood and shoot everyone to my hearts content. On the other hand, when I'm not in the mood to deal with people like you.....I can go play with my friends, or go meet new people on PvE servers and perhaps enhance my abilities to play, or get to know the map more.

it would water down the focus of the game. and if the non-pvp option wasn't up to par, it could hurt the game as a whole

Adding an option to change...however you try to dress it up you are advocating changing a fundamental rule of the game world.

Please answer this question. in all seriousness. How would us playing on PVE/Co-op servers change how you play the game on PVP servers?

Do you have problems with private hives that have 100+ fully repaired cars? That's clearly not how DayZ is meant to be played.

Edited by Brandnew11980

Please answer this question. in all seriousness. How would us playing on PVE/Co-op servers change how you play the game on PVP servers?

When did I ever say, or even suggest, that it would?

Point being, don't try to ruin another game by turning it into some easy, carebear shite purely because you can't hack playing in a world where pvp is always on.

Let the people making the game, make it how they want to.

Edited by Dankine

it would water down the focus of the game. and if the non-pvp option wasn't up to par, it could hurt the game as a whole

How?

And if you feel this way, don't play it? Why stop us from playing the game how we want to play it?

Why stop us from playing the game how we want to play it?

Because your way is detrimental to the industry as a whole.

and if the non-pvp option wasn't up to par, it could hurt the game as a whole

Completely agree. I could see it being boring how it is right now. Just running through the woods from place to place looting the same piles over and over. If they add dogs like Rocket has thrown around and building structures, more animals, more threats, better weather, etc. It has the potential to be one of the best RPG experiences I can think of.

Imagine you go through the process of building a shelter for example and have trained your dog to the fullest, etc. Then some clan of douchebags comes around, kills you, kills your dog, and blows up the structure you spent however many hours building. The risk of that happening (which we can all agree is 99% likely to happen) makes me not want to even bother utilizing the features Rocket is working so hard to envision and put into the game.

• Like 1

Completely agree. I could see it being boring how it is right now. Just running through the woods from place to place looting the same piles over and over. If they add dogs like Rocket has thrown around and building structures, more animals, more threats, better weather, etc. It has the potential to be one of the best RPG experiences I can think of.

Imagine you go through the process of building a shelter for example and have trained your dog to the fullest, etc. Then some clan of douchebags comes around, kills you, kills your dog, and blows up the structure you spent however many hours building. The risk of that happening (which we can all agree is 99% likely to happen) makes me not want to even bother utilizing the features Rocket is working so hard to envision and put into the game.

Then it really doesn't sound like this is the game for you. As hard as you make zombies, the people will always still be the main threat. At the risk of repeating myself, not that you're paying a blind bit of notice, this is the core of DayZ.

Edited by Dankine

When did I ever say, or even suggest, that it would?

Holy shit he's finally acknowledging what I've been trying to say this whole time. Still not getting it... but we're making progress! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It wouldn't... that's the whole point. For the love of god please let it catch this time.

Your ideal DayZ is PVP, my ideal DayZ is the same....... without other players or even on servers where players help each other survive.

Edited by Brandnew11980

How?

And if you feel this way, don't play it? Why stop us from playing the game how we want to play it?

at some point this game strives to be a stand-alone commercial product. at that point there will be reviews and such. they don't want those reviews to say, "DayZ is a great game, but PvE servers are boring and don't offer enough content... 7.5"

that's the issue as the game is now. for PvE you need something to do. because to just 'survive' all you need is a water bottle, matches, an ax, and a hunting knife. what's to do after that? stockpile food and drink, and sit around the camp fire? there's no incentive to even deal with the zombies after you get the basics

they need to keep the game focused on what draws people to the game. and that is all these emotions that come from the PvP environment. where you're never safe, not matter what gear you have

• Like 1

Holy shit he's finally acknowledging what I've been trying to say this whole time. Still not getting it... but we're making progress! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It wouldn't... that's the whole point. For the love of god please let it catch this time.

No, the whole point is that isn't how the devs want the game to be, and that it wouldn't be DayZ anymore.

Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth, like you've been trying all thread.

Edited by Dankine

I used to dislike PvP when I was the one getting killed.

Now I love it. Stalking that unsuspecting survivor. Waiting until they enjoy that last can of beans before you take their life simply because there isn't enough room in all of Chernarus for two...

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it' date=' never really care for anything else thereafter. [/size']

-Ernest Hemingway

at some point this game strives to be a stand-alone commercial product. at that point there will be reviews and such. they don't want those reviews to say, "DayZ is a great game, but PvE servers are boring and don't offer enough content... 7.5"

that's the issue as the game is now. for PvE you need something to do. because to just 'survive' all you need is a water bottle, matches, an ax, and a hunting knife. what's to do after that? stockpile food and drink, and sit around the camp fire? there's no incentive to even deal with the zombies after you get the basics

they need to keep the game focused on what draws people to the game. and that is all these emotions that come from the PvP environment. where you're never safe, not matter what gear you have

I agree it could get boring, and that they'd need to add additional features to challenge players if there were a PvE option, but that isn't a reason to completely shut it out. Like I said, it's just an alternative, it doesn't take away from the PvP aspect at all.

I agree it could get boring, and that they'd need to add additional features to challenge players if there were a PvE option, but that isn't a reason to completely shut it out. Like I said, it's just an alternative, it doesn't take away from the PvP aspect at all.

Except in dev time for those additional features you now want for a mode the devs don't want.

Except in dev time for those additional features you now want for a mode the devs don't want.

K

Please link me to where the Devs specifically said they don't want PvE servers

Please link me to where the Devs specifically said they don't want PvE servers

you've really not been reading anything have you? Only the third time I've pointed this particular rule out.

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

you've really not been reading anything have you? Only the third time I've pointed this particular rule out.

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

That's a rule for people renting servers stating that they must keep PvP on. That says nothing about the devs not liking or planning on including them.

I'm leaving now, I feel my IQ dropping by trying to reason with you.

Good day sir

• Like 1

If there was no PvP then you would reach so called "end game" where you have everything you ever wanted and nothing else to do except kill zeds. PvP adds the excitement of always being cautious not just of zeds, (which in time everyone learns how to avoid/lose) but of getting sniped from 500+ meters away as you're trying so desperately to get your precious beans. Plus, people would exploit the system like they always do; play on non-PvP until they get high end gear then go on PvP and kill people. If you want a non PvP zombie game play Dead Island or something...

That's a rule for people renting servers stating that they must keep PvP on. That says nothing about the devs not liking or planning on including them.

Good day sir

Dude. It's Dankine, he posts the most fucking retarded posts in the history of DayZ forums. It's probably for post counts or some shit (wouldn't doubt if he was a skiddy, either....)

• Like 2

Good day sir

And it follows that if they wanted there to be pve servers, they wouldn't have that rule. Ergo, they don't.

You run along now.

yes, but it's not so simple to just add features that will make a great game. and there's already plenty of competition in that type of game

they've stumbled upon this success with a sandbox that's pretty much 100% 'emergent gameplay'. if they can polish it up a little, they'll have a sure winner. getting into the business of creating 'missions' and 'quests' is another animal