PresidentEvil

they should make non PVP servers!!

The difference being that was a game with that option. This purposefully isn't. That is why I have an issue with the "difference of opinion".

Your examples are all awful btw.

this just prove how many people on this world are assholes

instead of cooperating and helping each other you kill for fun

ill be sure to kill all of you if something happens in real life

How exactly do you expect to sneak up on us with that volume of whining?

Go back to your mom's basement, kid, you're clearly not offing anyone.

Explain to me what the whole point of DayZ is, I obviously don't know. I came here under the impression, as described by Rocket, that what you could do in this game was limited only by your creativity. What I found was what you could do in this game was limited by everyone elses creativity, so essentially I found myself playing a version of COD that has alot more hackers in it.

You're only limited by "everyone else's creativity" if you're an idiot.

This is not a game where every other player is your friend. You're in direct competition with them. If you can't deal with that, then you need to play something else.

I suggest Peggle, in your case.

Edited by Just a Goat

The difference being that was a game with that option. This purposefully isn't. That is why I have an issue with the "difference of opinion".

Your examples are all awful btw.

No, you're right. This mod that's in it's alpha stage isn't intended to have that option, but this is just the mod, and there's a standalone game coming with (supposedly) way more options and features coming by the end of the year. We're suggesting a feature that would make us enjoy the game more. Not everyone likes PVP. I do to an extent, and other times I just wanna dick around by myself or meet someone and know that they're most likely not gonna fuck with me, possibly trade with me, and maybe team up against the zombies if they're on a friendly server. Which in my experience is more fun than running around and having to worry about getting shot on sight by someone after multiple days searching everywhere for gear. We have a difference of opinion, I understand and respect yours, and you guys seem too ignorant to even attempt to see our point of view and how it could help the game.

PVP lovers like you guys are part of the community, so are people that don't really like PVP, why are you making it out like yours are the only opinions that matter? I personally am getting tired of risking getting shot every time I move. It's incredible fun if you're in the mood for it but if you just want to scavenge and survive cooperatively or lone wolf it, it's too risky to play like that.

Also, did you mean my examples of what the elements can do to the player? If so, was that wisecrack supposed to make me mad? Oh boy someone doesn't like the 3 examples I thought up in about 3 seconds and typed out. I'm so mad bro.

If Rocket and his team don't listen to the community however small the group is who have a genuine way to make the game better for them and express it on the forums, then why the hell are they making a game for other people to play? Why not just make it for themselves? In this topic alone there are 2 people who would be open to the idea of friendly only servers. I'm sure there are many more out there who would agree. They might just not have the confidence to bring their opinion out on the forums cause you guys come at them like a bunch of rabid animals for suggesting something that's different than what you're used to doing in the game. NEW FEATURES HELP GAMES.

Say you're in a clan, or play with friends and don't like playing solo, but none of your friends are available when you are and you don't want to venture off by yourself and get split from the group, but still feel like playing DayZ. Hop right on single player. Your multiplayer character will still be intact and you can still have fun adventuring worry free. What's the big deal with that?

No, you're right. This mod that's in it's alpha stage isn't intended to have that option, but this is just the mod, and there's a standalone game coming with (supposedly) way more options and features coming by the end of the year. We're suggesting a feature that would make us enjoy the game more. Not everyone likes PVP. I do to an extent, and other times I just wanna dick around by myself or meet someone and know that they're most likely not gonna fuck with me, possibly trade with me, and maybe team up against the zombies if they're on a friendly server. Which in my experience is more fun than running around and having to worry about getting shot on sight by someone after multiple days searching everywhere for gear. We have a difference of opinion, I understand and respect yours, and you guys seem too ignorant to even attempt to see our point of view and how it could help the game.

PVP lovers like you guys are part of the community, so are people that don't really like PVP, why are you making it out like yours are the only opinions that matter? I personally am getting tired of risking getting shot every time I move. It's incredible fun if you're in the mood for it but if you just want to scavenge and survive cooperatively or lone wolf it, it's too risky to play like that.

Also, did you mean my examples of what the elements can do to the player? If so, was that wisecrack supposed to make me mad? Oh boy someone doesn't like the 3 examples I thought up in about 3 seconds and typed out. I'm so mad bro.

If Rocket and his team don't listen to the community however small the group is who have a genuine way to make the game better for them and express it on the forums, then why the hell are they making a game for other people to play? Why not just make it for themselves? In this topic alone there are 2 people who would be open to the idea of friendly only servers. I'm sure there are many more out there who would agree. They might just not have the confidence to bring their opinion out on the forums cause you guys come at them like a bunch of rabid animals for suggesting something that's different than what you're used to doing in the game. NEW FEATURES HELP GAMES.

Say you're in a clan, or play with friends and don't like playing solo, but none of your friends are available when you are and you don't want to venture off by yourself and get split from the group, but still feel like playing DayZ. Hop right on single player. Your multiplayer character will still be intact and you can still have fun adventuring worry free. What's the big deal with that?

whether you are part of the community or not, the game is the way it is. arguing that you are part of the community blah blah blah has no effect on anything.

symptomatic of a dumbing down and hand holding culture in games. which needs to stop. it is hard, you will die. suck it up!

The amount of people that have replied to this topic that are raging to the OP seem to not understand what he's trying to say.

no, I think we know what he's trying to say. he's not the first one to say it, and won't be the last

DayZ without PvP is not DayZ. it's some other game. and at the moment, it would honestly be a very boring game

Nope. I find it boring therefore no one should be allowed to have it. Even if they do find joy in it, F em, I don't like it and that's all that matters..

Here are a few other things I don't like and should be completely removed from earth:

Soccer

Basketball

Red cars

Watermelon

World of Warcraft

Canada

Almost every person who replied ITT

• Like 1

whether you are part of the community or not, the game is the way it is. arguing that you are part of the community blah blah blah has no effect on anything.

symptomatic of a dumbing down and hand holding culture in games. which needs to stop. it is hard, you will die. suck it up!

So according to you... The game should stay exactly how it is and Rocket and team should completely disregard anything anyone suggests about the game? Way to show tenacity there buddy. Just take whatever is thrown at you and don't bother trying to change anything, including things that would clearly make the game better for a select few. I'm damn glad you're not involved in any way in making the game.

That's not how I am. If I have an opportunity to voice an opinion that could possibly make a game that's being developed better for me and other players I'm damn sure going to voice it. Especially at this stage, now is the time to suggest things. I've seen Rocket in an interview giving credit to someone on these very forums for suggesting something he thought was a good idea. He's listening to the community and I respect him for that. We're the ones who play the game after all and he knows it. I'm sure he plays it too but you know what I mean.

I keep typing out long, well thought out responses and all you or anyone else in this topic can come up with is to tell us to suck it up and there's nothing we can do about it. Not to mention how you don't seem to be understanding after many, many times stating that I'm suggesting PVE or co-op servers as an OPTION. I'm not suggesting we replace the PVP servers with PVE servers. That would be stupid and actually hurt the game. I like PVP, just not all the time, such as when it's late at night and I'm tired and don't necessarily have the situational awareness required to PVP. So in that instance I would join a PVE/Friendly server. (Which wouldn't automatically pull you out of whatever server you're on and join with me by the way, you seem to be taking it like it would.) Everyone wins. Players who want to PVP on specific servers, and players who play friendly and want to co-op on others. What's so hard to understand about that?

We're trying to make the game better by suggesting gameplay features that would enhance our experience... What are you doing?

Edited by Brandnew11980

no, the core of the game should stay how it is. way to misrepresent and misunderstand what I'm saying!

what you're doing is trying to make the game closer to how you want to play it (ie easier), that is not making it better.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

take a look at #15, if that doesn't spell it out to you I don't know what will.

Edited by Dankine

Nope. I find it boring therefore no one should be allowed to have it. Even if they do find joy in it, F em, I don't like it and that's all that matters..

Here are a few other things I don't like and should be completely removed from earth:

Soccer

Basketball

Red cars

Watermelon

World of Warcraft

Canada

Almost every person who replied ITT

Oh look someone else who failed to understand what the topic is even about.

If I was wrong about which direction your sarcasm was aimed I apologize.

Edited by Brandnew11980

no, the core of the game should stay how it is. way to misrepresent and misunderstand what I'm saying!

what you're doing is trying to make the game closer to how you want to play it (ie easier), that is not making it better.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

take a look at #15, if that doesn't spell it out to you I don't know what will.

Alright you're either too stupid or too blatantly ignorant to comprehend what I've tried saying in almost literally every single post I've made in this topic so far. So I'll make it big so you might understand it better.

I'M SUGGESTING THE OPTION TO PLAY ON NON PVP SERVERS. NOT REMOVE AND REPLACE PVP COMPLETELY. HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?? I'VE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN HOW I LIKE PVP MOST OF THE TIME AND YOU REFUSE TO LET THAT FACT SINK IN.

HOW WOULD ADDING NON-PVP SERVERS FOR PEOPLE WHO PREFER TO NOT GET KILLED BY OTHER PLAYERS MAKE THE GAME EASIER FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THOSE PLAYERS? THAT CLEARLY ISN'T YOU, SO YOU CAN STILL JOIN PVP SERVERS AND IT'LL GIVE THOSE PEOPLE A PLACE TO GO AND STILL ENJOY THE GAME. HOW EXACTLY DOES THE OP OR I PLAYING ON A NON-PVP SERVER EFFECT YOU? SERIOUSLY... WHY DO YOU CARE?

And of course I'm trying to suggest something to make it closer to how I'd like the game to be, that's the whole fucking point of suggesting something. Also for the record I'm bringing up this idea with the standalone in mind which may or may not have those rules. No ones going to play the mod after the standalone comes out. What would be the point of changing something that drastic at this point in time? The standalone will be out before the end of the year last I heard.

Brand new, I think you missed the sarcasm insyncmaster's post and it was very obvious sarcasm.

Otherwise you have a point about this forum being a place for suggestions. I would never play PVE unless there was good content and I don't think the developers should make that a priority, but I don't see a huge problem with allowing PVE servers as long as nothing can be transferred to the real servers (okay I had to take one shot but I am largely kidding). I will say those who use these servers to learn the game or map are truly missing out on dayz's sense of constant danger, but if they truly like the PVE aspect then who am I to say that they should not be allowed. My tolerance ends as soon as a PVE character is allowed to take gear onto a PVP server. People get too obsessed with how they play the game and just can't help but tell people they are doing it wrong.

Oh look someone else who failed to understand what the topic is even about.

Syncmaster's sarcasm was in your favor, Brandnew. Your license to criticize other people's reading comprehension is now revoked.

Brand new, I think you missed the sarcasm insyncmaster's post and it was very obvious sarcasm.

Otherwise you have a point about this forum being a place for suggestions. I would never play PVE unless there was good content and I don't think the developers should make that a priority, but I don't see a huge problem with allowing PVE servers as long as nothing can be transferred to the real servers (okay I had to take one shot but I am largely kidding). I will say those who use these servers to learn the game or map are truly missing out on dayz's sense of constant danger, but if they truly like the PVE aspect then who am I to say that they should not be allowed. My tolerance ends as soon as a PVE character is allowed to take gear onto a PVP server. People get too obsessed with how they play the game and just can't help but tell people they are doing it wrong.

Of course the characters wouldn't be transferable. I understand that. That'd be incredibly unbalanced.

There really is no wrong way to play this game. You can pretty much do whatever you want, I'm just trying to let people see there's more potential to a game like this than just PVP.

Edited by Brandnew11980

im just sick of getting killed by people!

i didnt buy this game to play COD again!

maybe you should learn how to play, if you are getting killed all day long you are playing wrong

dont expect to run around like a retard and not get shot, DayZ is not you average fast paced FPS, run'n'gun is not even possible for various reasons like shaking after running and not being able to fire at full speed running

look carefully at your surroundings, listen for shots, or look for zombies, since they only spawn when players are near, dont rush in somewhere and dont give your position away with loud noises or zombies aggro

Syncmaster's sarcasm was in your favor, Brandnew. Your license to criticize other people's reading comprehension is now revoked.

The general gist of his post (with clear sarcasm) was in a nutshell about getting something removed from the game. Due to most everyone else in the topic thinking that OP and I are pushing for PVP to be completely removed from the game I naturally took it as him being another.

the same tired old crap

it part of the core of the game. does the fact they don't want people making non pvp servers not give you a hint as to the likelihood of your (entirely idiotic) request being listened to at all?

DayZ has pvp, a lot of it. by all accounts it is here to stay. you are not making a suggestion to make the game better, you are making a suggestion so that you like it more. there is a massive difference. cry all you like about people not reading etc, plain and simple fact it that it would not be the same game.

why should the game be made easier (regardless of who it is made easier for)? that is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned the dumbing down of games and the lack of difficulty. It seems you are part of this culture that games like DayZ, EVE and others are part of the "backlash" against.

Attempting to condescend when you are the one being ignorant/stupid is pretty good though.

Edited by Dankine

it part of the core of the game. does the fact they don't want people making non pvp servers not give you a hint as to the likelihood of your (entirely idiotic) request being listened to at all?

DayZ has pvp, a lot of it. by all accounts it is here to stay. you are not making a suggestion to make the game better, you are making a suggestion so that you like it more. there is a massive difference. cry all you like about people not reading etc, plain and simple fact it that it would not be the same game.

why should the game be made easier (regardless of who it is made easier for)? that is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned the dumbing down of games and the lack of difficulty. It seems you are part of this culture that games like DayZ, EVE and others are part of the "backlash" against.

Attempting to condescend when you are the one being ignorant/stupid is pretty good though.

HOW WOULD ADDING NON-PVP SERVERS FOR PEOPLE WHO PREFER TO NOT GET KILLED BY OTHER PLAYERS MAKE THE GAME EASIER FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THOSE PLAYERS? THAT CLEARLY ISN'T YOU, SO YOU CAN STILL JOIN PVP SERVERS AND IT'LL GIVE THOSE PEOPLE A PLACE TO GO AND STILL ENJOY THE GAME. HOW EXACTLY DOES THE OP OR I PLAYING ON A NON-PVP SERVER EFFECT YOU? SERIOUSLY... WHY DO YOU CARE?

Copied and pasted since you seemed to have missed it the first 400 times. You can still have your "hard" game on your PVP servers and we can have the same game just with no assholes on friendly servers. I'm getting pretty fucking tired of repeating myself.

Copied and pasted since you seemed to have missed it the first 400 times. You can still have your "hard" game on your PVP servers and we can have the same game just with no assholes on friendly servers. I'm getting pretty fucking tired of repeating myself.

I never said it would make it easier for anyone else. Read...

You want a fundamental change in the game. That it is prohibited for admins to do on their servers. Are you still not getting it?

Go play another game if you find this too hard, or you get shot too much. DayZ has pvp. End of. Go and play the easy games that hold your hand and stop trying to make one of the few hard games yet another carebear game.

You're repeating yourself because you are making the same dim argument over and over despite overwhelming evidence that not only do the players not want it, but the devs don't want it.

Edited by Dankine

You want a fundamental change in the game. That it is prohibited for admins to do on their servers. Are you still not getting it?

Refer to post #86

Also for the record I'm bringing up this idea with the standalone in mind which may or may not have those rules. No ones going to play the mod after the standalone comes out. What would be the point of changing something that drastic at this point in time? The standalone will be out before the end of the year last I heard.

Go play another game if you find this too hard, or you get shot too much. DayZ has pvp. End of. Go and play the easy games that hold your hand and stop trying to make one of the few hard games yet another carebear game.

Post #78

Not everyone likes PVP. I do to an extent, and other times I just wanna dick around by myself or meet someone and know that they're most likely not gonna fuck with me

Post #71

I completely 10000000% agree that PVP adds a certain element to the gameplay.

I'm sure there are tons more times I mentioned how I like PVP and I understand that it adds more interesting elements to the gameplay but to be honest I really don't give a shit anymore. You're either trolling or mentally retarded, neither one makes sense to continue arguing with.

For the record DayZ is NOT fucking hard. If you think it's hard to run for hours and loot a couple places than I would tell you to go play some hand holding games. You can spawn in Cherno or Elektro, run for about 30 seconds straight to the firehouses/markets and already have a (albeit) low percent chance of finding some decent weapons, the AKM comes to mind. Which some people I've seen on here would argue is one of if not the best and most practical gun in the game.

Edited by Brandnew11980

it's a big world out there. you can always make your own game if you don't like this one

For the record DayZ is NOT fucking hard. If you think it's hard to run for hours and loot a couple places than I would tell you to go play some hand holding games. You can spawn in Cherno or Elektro, run for about 30 seconds straight to the firehouses/markets and already have a (albeit) low percent chance of finding some decent weapons, the AKM comes to mind. Which some people I've seen on here would argue is one of if not the best and most practical gun in the game.

This is the only bit even close to worth replying to.

The pvp is what makes the game hard. Come on, you can't really be this stupid. Giving me shit over me wrongly saying the game (with pvp) is punishing, then wanting to make it easier...

AKM is pretty low tier btw. Most people would prefer a carbine/sniper combo.

I bet you people do play the mod after the standalone, especially since they are planning on handing it over to the community in some ways. Your assertion that no one will play is crap. If people don't want to PVP, then sorry, you're out of luck. It is an integral part of this game. A point you seem to be having extreme trouble getting your mind around.

Hope you come good on your choice not to continue this, for at least the second time. Doubt it though.

Edited by Dankine

Refer to post #86

Also for the record I'm bringing up this idea with the standalone in mind which may or may not have those rules. No ones going to play the mod after the standalone comes out. What would be the point of changing something that drastic at this point in time? The standalone will be out before the end of the year last I heard.

Post #78

Not everyone likes PVP. I do to an extent, and other times I just wanna dick around by myself or meet someone and know that they're most likely not gonna fuck with me

Post #71

I completely 10000000% agree that PVP adds a certain element to the gameplay.

I'm sure there are tons more times I mentioned how I like PVP and I understand that it adds more interesting elements to the gameplay but to be honest I really don't give a shit anymore. You're either trolling or mentally retarded, neither one makes sense to continue arguing with.

It doesn't matter that you want a "choice" put in on the type of game you play per server.

What matters, and what you fail to comprehend, is that it is the fact that you want to change a key design, probably the single biggest aspect of the game, that makes DayZ what it is. The fact that you want to change this design because you don't like the original design is where people get upset.

Why can you not play the game as it was meant to be played? If you can't, and don't like the fact that you "could" get shot (PvP), then you need to GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. One that is actually better situated to your desires of PvE only. May I suggest one of the other MMO's that have been ruined by your groups selfish desires for no PvP.

Leave this games core design alone. No choice, play it as is, or go play another game. It's a simple choice.

Carebears ruin games, and you want to do the same to this one.

words

Careful, you might get the rambling in caps treatment too!

"He disagrees with me, he simply must be a troll or an idiot"

Edited by Dankine

Careful, you might get the rambling in caps treatment too!

"He disagrees with me, he simply must be a troll or an idiot"

Yup.. that's because we're just out to ruin other peoples day by shooting them.... in a video game no less.

I get the feeling that a lot of these people who are against pvp (or want a choice) never played any organized sports (there are exceptions of course).