Hipax (DayZ)

Global ban transfered out of DayZ?

People get banned for hacking in a game. Banning them in games they haven't hacked in is unfair.

Better than that, people get banned for hacking in a mod, and they get banned from the game, and all variations. That's how it works right now, and that is perfect. :)

In the same way, if you go into a restaurant and sh1t on a table, you should only be banned from that table. It would be *unfair* for the restaurant to ban you from all their tables

Nice try. Let me put it in a way you will understand.

If someone shits on a restaurant's table, it would be unfair to be banned from every other restaurant.

If someone shits on a restaurant's table, it would be unfair to be banned from every other restaurant.

It would be perfectly resonable for the owner to ban him from all *his* restaurants..you agree?.. by extension, it would be perfecty reasonable (and fair) for any and all restaurant owners to ban him from all their restaurants, on the same basis. Why would it be unfair to refuse to serve someone who appears to want to shit on your customers?

Edited by magrathea

Also, since Dayz is a MOD of Arma, you technically hacked in Arma. Hence your ban from everything associated with the game. Sound right?

I'm gonna agree with the mod and say it's impossible to ban people from every game. People seem to take too much offense to hackers. This is only a mod. For you to want them to get banned in a game they haven't even played yet is ridiculous. Companies only care about money, therefor if somebody is willing to spend more money to buy a new game/cd-key, the company doesn't care. There is no physical way that VAC(Which stands for Valve anti cheat), which is only used on valve games, such as cs, TF2, HL, etc. can ban a person from a game such as ARMA2. According to you, if somebody gets banned from one website that is associated with dayz, they should be banned from all websites associated with dayz. I dislike hackers, but get over it. Nobody is forcing you to play this game. There are millions of other games out there, go cry about it on another forum.

• Like 1

I'm gonna agree with the mod and say it's impossible to ban people from every game. People seem to take too much offense to hackers. This is only a mod. For you to want them to get banned in a game they haven't even played yet is ridiculous. Companies only care about money, therefor if somebody is willing to spend more money to buy a new game/cd-key, the company doesn't care. There is no physical way that VAC(Which stands for Valve anti cheat), which is only used on valve games, such as cs, TF2, HL, etc. can ban a person from a game such as ARMA2. According to you, if somebody gets banned from one website that is associated with dayz, they should be banned from all websites associated with dayz. I dislike hackers, but get over it. Nobody is forcing you to play this game. There are millions of other games out there, go cry about it on another forum.

If a game developer / publisher (theoeretically) wants to ban you bercause you are known hacker who cheats in games and they would rather their customers didn't have to put up with you, there is nothing unfair about it. Practicality is another matter

Edited by magrathea

That isn't what my argument is. It is impossible for them to ban you from all of their games. It is not hard to change your ip, which is probably what they would use to ban you. Second, if they ban your cd-key, you can obviously buy a new one. There is a program called ARMA2 cd-key changer and it takes a whopping 30 seconds to change your cd-key. Combine those two together, and you are a new player completely. Most companies, once again, don't care what complaints they get from their "customers". if you go bitch at ARMA2 because of hackers, they will probably give you a pre-written response that doesn't even help you in any way. As you said though, practicality is the biggest issue. What do you think a company would rather have, people leave the game who already bought it or people who keep buying new cd-keys which still makes them money? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with greed.

People get banned for hacking in a game. Banning them in games they haven't hacked in is unfair.

Its totally fair to ban people fromplaying ANY game for hacking in one game. It saves people in another game having to ban them as well.

If you hack your a cunt anyway.

no that would be perfectly reasonable as the person has demonstrated they are not fit to be in the sort of environment.

• Like 1

Agreed.

If a game developer / publisher (theoeretically) wants to ban you bercause you are known hacker who cheats in games and they would rather their customers didn't have to put up with you, there is nothing unfair about it. Practicality is another matter

Money > Complaints

This world spins on money.

Its totally fair to ban people fromplaying ANY game for hacking in one game. It saves people in another game having to ban them as well.

If you hack your a cunt anyway.

What are you 12? Are you that upset about hackers? Don't tell me you haven't downloaded a trainer for a video game to fly through it or get passed a part you couldn't get passed. With that logic the gaming industry would fail pretty damn fast.

Do you punch your monitor or key board when you get mad at a game?

Edited by MaDKroniK

Don't tell me you haven't downloaded a trainer for a video game to fly through it or get passed a part you couldn't get passed. With that logic the gaming industry would fail pretty damn fast.

no, only cheaters/morons (basically the same) have that mentality. yet another reason why games are being dumbed down.

past* btw

Agreed.

Money > Complaints

What are you 12? Are you that upset about hackers? Don't tell me you haven't downloaded a trainer for a video game to fly through it or get passed a part you couldn't get passed. With that logic the gaming industry would fail pretty damn fast.

You are fucking retarded. Why cheat in games? There is no logic to cheating in a game because then you do not "beat" the game. Retard man.

Infact you know what.

they should go one step further and ban your fucking MAC address. Want to buy a new CD key? Oh wait, cant do it because your physical address has been blocked. Buy a new network card or whatever.

This might be a mod but hackers are still cunts. Hackers are little kids who get bullied at school and feel they are powerful in the online world. I would kick fuck out them if I ever met some prick that scripted items in game to make someones day shit for there own pleasure.

Edited by BatFlaps

Everybody has cheated in a game one way or another. Might of been a simple cheat like in pokemon, but you still did it. My point in anything I will say on this thread is, people are way too angry over hackers. If you are this angry at a game, I would never want to be friends with you in real-life. To have the mentality to say that hackers are cunts and should be banned from all games is just insecurity on your part. You can't get over the fact that you have to come onto a game and pretend like your life is worth living. In the past two days I have had sex with the game girl about 4-5 times? And let me say, it destroys any thought I have about hackers. My point? Go do something you enjoy outside of the game and you won't find yourself so damn hurt you have to try and argue why people should be banned from all games for hacking. Just because you hack in one game, doesn't mean you hack in all, no matter what you like to believe.

Everybody has cheated in a game one way or another. Might of been a simple cheat like in pokemon, but you still did it. My point in anything I will say on this thread is, people are way too angry over hackers. If you are this angry at a game, I would never want to be friends with you in real-life. To have the mentality to say that hackers are cunts and should be banned from all games is just insecurity on your part. You can't get over the fact that you have to come onto a game and pretend like your life is worth living. In the past two days I have had sex with the game girl about 4-5 times? And let me say, it destroys any thought I have about hackers. My point? Go do something you enjoy outside of the game and you won't find yourself so damn hurt you have to try and argue why people should be banned from all games for hacking. Just because you hack in one game, doesn't mean you hack in all, no matter what you like to believe.

Im hungover like a mother fucker just now, I was out last night on the town. I have a life. But when I want to play a game for something to do and have "fun" (keyword, fun) then I dont want some script kiddie fuck tto ruin my fun. So your point is infuckingvalid.

and also if someone "cheats" in a single player game it isnt ruining the fun of other people in an online environment. so again, your point is invalid.

Edited by BatFlaps

A script kiddie only ruins your fun if you let him.

Sorry what? Now you are saying I "let" these people ruin my fun? lol

Mate go to bed, its early in the morning in Florida and I think your brain wants to sleep because it doesnt seem to be working.

How do you port over bans when you have no possible way of linking them?

Link games to Windows key.

Dem hackers get what they deserve.

On a serious note, I'd love to see a ban across all games for hackers, but it's incredibly idealistic due to false positives.

yeah this is pretty much complete idiocy

• Like 1

What do you think a company would rather have, people leave the game who already bought it or people who keep buying new cd-keys which still makes them money? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with greed.

I'm not so sure the answer is obvious. How popular would world of warcraft have become if hacking had been a similar scale issue as dayz has presently? would blizzard have made more money by selling keys to hackers than they have made by providing a popular game which is *relatively* cheat free? It obviously depends on circumstance, but i think if you have something big and popular, i would say you are far better off making sure the service is good (siding heavily with your legitmate gameplaying customers), than playing both sides of the fence

You guys went full retard when you said a hacker should be banned from every single game.

I don't support hacking nor do I support retarded suggestions.

Money > Complaints

Imo game makers can often make more money by selling cheat free gaming environments to people who want to play, than by selling the product to cheats

You see no moral difference between cheating on your own in a game and cheating other competing players? What are you 6?

If someone is enough of a selfish asshat to cheat in an online game, they get what's coming to them.

It's alot safer for these morons now that the internet is around.

Natural selection was reducing the numbers of these idiots in the past, as to be a sociopathic asshat wasn't protected by internet anonymity and they would get punched in the throat alot more than nowadays.

• Like 1

You guys went full retard when you said a hacker should be banned from every single game.

The ban wouldn't be legal in any sense. If a game developer wants to let people wander in and shit all over their customers, they could do so.

So what's your beef?

Edited by magrathea