reuben5150

Looking for the app that shows vehicle locations

I saw an app on here somewhere that showed player and vehicle locations, can't seem to find it.

Got a link ?

• Like 1

The DayZ dev team deleted the thread and banned the user, probably not something we're allowed to post :\

So, has the Dayz dev team any suggestions as to how we find our teleported vehicles without spending fucking hours running around the map ?.

So, has the Dayz dev team any suggestions as to how we find our teleported vehicles without spending fucking hours running around the map ?.

Pretty much all they gonna tell you is you're fucked and just run around til you find it.

Never mind, I forgot the RPT file is now useless, I remember reading about that.

Only thing left to do is lock the server.

Of course not. The hackers and script kiddies have more power than the people that pay the server bills. God fobid if an admin actually had admin abilites on his server. Its frakking pathetic. This morning I woke up to a FRAKKING SHIP in the middle of the northern airfield and chickens and cows everywhere. Vechicles teleported to god knows where. Remind0 me why I am paying $40 a month to host hackers?

• Like 4

Of course not. The hackers and script kiddies have more power than the people that pay the server bills. God fobid if an admin actually had admin abilites on his server. Its frakking pathetic. This morning I woke up to a FRAKKING SHIP in the middle of the northern airfield and chickens and cows everywhere. Vechicles teleported to god knows where. Remind0 me why I am paying $40 a month to host hackers?

Try out the Vilayer private hive. Less people will join your server, due to the fact it is not 'official'.

Vehicles spawn instantly, you can turn up the amount of vehicles in the map as well.

Try out the Vilayer private hive. Less people will join your server, due to the fact it is not 'official'.

Vehicles spawn instantly, you can turn up the amount of vehicles in the map as well.

I am on a hosted server so I dont even think that is an option.

Oh man you forget its a privilege for us to own servers. durrrr

Bullshit. My server is almost always at full capacity and my vehicles still got teleported by a hacker. Luckily, we were able to find some them on top of a mountain and the friendlies set work on repairing them while the bandits came and kept trying to snipe everyone.

As for the rest of them, we can't locate them and assume they are out in the ocean, where they will remain for the next 7 days, screwing all of my players out of being able to use them in the meantime. We also have a boat on the airfield....

I *thought* when I uninstalled and reinstalled Lingor on the server last night after updating the Vilayer Hive hotfix, that it would wipe and reset all that bullshit too... but nope. Boat still on the airfield.

Very tempted to ask a scripter to just teleport them all back for me, or just script in some new ones FFS. Unbelievable we don't have the ability to repair the damage done by hacking idiots.

Edited by cash4gold
  • Like 2

Bullshit. My server is almost always at full capacity and my vehicles still got teleported by a hacker. Luckily, we were able to find some them on top of a mountain and the friendlies set work on repairing them while the bandits came and kept trying to snipe everyone.

As for the rest of them, we can't locate them and assume they are out in the ocean, where they will remain for the next 7 days, screwing all of my players out of being able to use them in the meantime. We also have a boat on the airfield....

I *thought* when I uninstalled and reinstalled Lingor on the server last night after updating the Vilayer Hive hotfix, that it would wipe and reset all that bullshit too... but nope. Boat still on the airfield.

Very tempted to ask a scripter to just teleport them all back for me, or just script in some new ones FFS. Unbelievable we don't have the ability to repair the damage done by hacking idiots.

Guess the same happened to us, and there`s nothing we can do, which is crazy.

I have to agree with you, the next step will be something similar.

Edited by Huey

What a piece of crap. HURR I CAN'T FIND PEOPLE AND VEHICLES SO I CHEAT TO DO SO.

Please go play another game, you're not the type we want here.

What a piece of crap. HURR I CAN'T FIND PEOPLE AND VEHICLES SO I CHEAT TO DO SO.

Please go play another game, you're not the type we want here.

When your paying $40+ bucks a month to be abused by hackers and are actively refused the tools to deal with them, it breeds a certain amount of frustration. My server has been up for almost a month and the copter has been around for a total of ONE hour when a hacker teleported all the vehicles into a big pile outside of cherno. Even the updated script logs dont help as they give you errors when used, so tell me exactly what we are supposed to do? Give us the ability to ADMIN our servers. If people are abusing the tools then take them away from the ones that are doing it, but to punish the people that are hosting servers to the leeches and hackers just isnt fair.

Well I don't understand the problem here... You say you can't find back vehicles that hacker teleported away..... If vehicle position is saved you can check the logs otherwise you just restart server and vehicle will be back on last position it was saved meaning that somebody hopped off from vehicle....

If vehicle is in the ocean it will take damage and you can also see that in the logs.....

Well I don't understand the problem here... You say you can't find back vehicles that hacker teleported away..... If vehicle position is saved you can check the logs otherwise you just restart server and vehicle will be back on last position it was saved meaning that somebody hopped off from vehicle....

If vehicle is in the ocean it will take damage and you can also see that in the logs.....

To best of my knowlege vechicle locations are not saved on a log. If they are please point me in the right direction and I will withdraw my complaints.

The vehicle location of last save is shown in the .rpt log. Unfortunetly the coordinates don't make much sense. I get the x coordinate but the Y coordinate is bogus and does not relate to what the gps says.

Example:

16:33:28 "HIVE: UPDATING OBJ: [159e8100# 1055419: uh1h.p3d REMOTE,"position"] / UID: "10983918110173""

16:33:28 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:305:2119511:[173,[1098.31,9181.07,-0.0469513]]:0:""

The red highlight is the object, in this case the Uh1h helicopter. The blue is it's last known recorded position. (teleporting it somewhere doesn't seem to record where it goes)

This shows as approximately 011 061 on the GPS in game. I know this because this is where I parked and saved it. The 1098 easily translate to the 011. It's in grid 01 on the west part of the map. How 9181 translates to 061 is a mystery to me. The third set of numbers is supposed to be elevation.

If anyone can help with the Y coordinates it would help us all.

Edited by rjack85
  • Like 1

Server uses "reverse" coordinates for y position... It's about 152 - 91.81 which makes it aroundish 60.2...

I have not experienced any vehicle teleporting so I don't understand how the new position could stay after server restart if the position is not sent to HIVE...

Edited by Caine

Server uses "reverse" coordinates for y position... It's about 152 - 91.81 which makes it aroundish 60.2...

I have not experienced any vehicle teleporting so I don't understand how the new position could stay after server restart if the position is not sent to HIVE...

errr. ok but how do you get 152 from 91.81?

Oh...I see what you mean now. 152 minus the printed number of 91.81 equals 60.2

152 being the standard "start" number? Now it makes more sense.

Edited by rjack85

Ok so let me see if I get this right. I just saved an bike and pulled the report.

11:33:10 "HIVE: UPDATING OBJ: [172b2080# 1055260: old_bike.p3d,"all"] / UID: "536489.064402""

I see by looking at the map that the 53 correlates to 53 grid on the map. So the next four numbers minus 152 should equal the Y axis. Take 152 and minus 64.89 and you get 87.11 which isnt even close to the actual #. What am I doing wrong?

***EDIT***

I see now. X is 53.64 and the Y is 152 - 89.06 = 62.94 which is dead on. Awesome.

Edited by maddyn99

Just as an FYI...

If you have an entry like this:

16:33:28 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:305:2119511:[173,[1098.31,9181.07,-0.0469513]]:0:""

Where you clearly can see the X,Y,Z coords... best option to really see this is to... use the ArmA 2 Terrian Editor software. You can just double click like your putting something down on the map, you put in the X & Y coordinates and click the take me to the position and you can see it. Then use something like dayzdb map or something to guesstimate about where that point is.

However I will STRONGLY recommend ONLY using this method to do hacker tracking. I use this method to determine if a MedBox0 is a valid MedBox0 or not. I DO NOT suggest using this method for your own personal gain. That is abusing your server administration powers. Just because you pay for the server, doesn't obligate you to always having the chopper or URAL or whatever. Only do this for tracking hackers please or else they might take this out of the logs :(

• Like 1

Today was my first time looking at this log and I noticed it showed people inventory as well. One item i saw was a radio, I am assuming it was an hacked item?

19:48:54 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'31945043',[271,[8805.03,2875.64,0.00282288]],[["ItemFlashlight","ItemMatchbox","ItemHatchet","ItemKnife","ItemToolbox","ItemEtool","glock17_EP1","BAF_AS50_scoped","ItemGPS","NVGoggles","ItemRadio","Binocular_Vector","ItemMap","ItemWatch"],["10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","10Rnd_127x99_m107","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodSteakCooked","ItemTent","10Rnd_127x99_m107","Skin_Camo1_DZ","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17"]],["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[[],[]],[["10Rnd_127x99_m107","HandGrenade_West","ItemMorphine"],[5,2,1]]],[115,118,118],Sniper1_DZ,0.96]"

Radio's are hacked in items... however just because someone has a radio does NOT promise they are a hacker. Since they could have looted it off a hacker or found it on another body who found it on a hacker or whatever. So please remember don't kick/ban people for just having something. Try and watch for when people spawn them in by looking at the createvehicle.log and look for Boxes (including the MedBox0) and then track that down. In the createvehicle.log it tells you who spawns something.

So if you set your createvehicle.txt to log EVERYTHING you will find hey X person entered the radius of a spawn for say a zombie and that person is who caused that zombie to spawn. Same with boxes and other stuff. Using the createvehicle.log is another good way to track teleporting, cause if track a player and say they moved from the NW Airfield to say Electro and the timestamps are only say 10 seconds apart, more then likely that person was teleporting or being teleported.