rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Game purchase only ... NO FREE TO PLAY ... If there is an Item Shop where Player can buy the gear i will instantly stop playing ... i guess like many of us ...

Studio Developed with Feedback/Help of Community ...

Servers CAN be managed by the community ... but there must be strict rules because it will get out of control at some point ...

If this was a stand alone title I would pay a monthly fee because I want the game maintained please don't have a cash shop if it goes free to play please please please but ill play it ant why its shipped keep up the great work

i hate to be a downer, but i wouldn't buy this game.

i'm gonna be honest here and say that i will usually steal a game until i know it's good. i'll play it for a few weeks and if i feel like it's a good game, i'll pay for it. Back in the day, there were demos, so this wasn't something i did, but now a days... not so much.

for a game like this, it is a matter of the game drawing me in and keeping me engaged over the long haul.

it doesn't.

once you learn the map and get kitted out, there really isn't a goal. the survival game plays out pretty much the same over and over, and that gets boring quick.

you have a little bit of difficulty nabbing some basic kit, after which it becomes easy to expand your kit so the only thing you are left with is pvp. if you're like me, pvp is great, especially the part where people cry about being killed and how the community has gone to shit and nobody works together... really, that shit gives me a massive boner. except not for ever. it's not that much of a thrill when you can get a full kit in a few hours. i'm not generating a deep enough sadness for even the pvp to be worth it.

see... the thing about the total chaos of a real apocalypse is that it's boring.

once you reach a certain point, it's just repetitive and shitty.

the whole concept seems good at first, but when you think about it, unless repeating the same process for the same rewards ad infinum is fun for you, the premise of the game is kind of doomed. this is something i didn't recognize at first... i thought "WHY HASN'T THIS BRILLIANT THING BEEN DONE YET?!" however, over time. you get all the guns, you survive a while, you kill a bunch of zombies and survivors... so what? you end up wanting something more, which the game simply doesn't offer.

players can "create" their own content in a sandbox, sure, but that is completely fleeting because there is no mechanism for persistence past log-off. you can build a stronghold like you could irl, but you eventually have to log off and someone will eventually find it while you are logged off and take your shit and it all becomes a game of when all of that will happen.

the game as it is designed right now does not lend itself to true persistence because it is too close to reality to be a game. literally nobody is hardcore enough to stay online 24/7 to defend anything they might build and what you accumulate as an individual just caps off to quickly.

i stopped playing 2 weeks ago and probably won't come back, but i wanted to express all of this because the concept has potential, but will need a LOT of work to become commercially viable.

i hate to be a downer, but i wouldn't buy this game.

i'm gonna be honest here and say that i will usually steal a game until i know it's good. i'll play it for a few weeks and if i feel like it's a good game, i'll pay for it. Back in the day, there were demos, so this wasn't something i did, but now a days... not so much.

for a game like this, it is a matter of the game drawing me in and keeping me engaged over the long haul.

it doesn't.

once you learn the map and get kitted out, there really isn't a goal. the survival game plays out pretty much the same over and over, and that gets boring quick.

you have a little bit of difficulty nabbing some basic kit, after which it becomes easy to expand your kit so the only thing you are left with is pvp. if you're like me, pvp is great, especially the part where people cry about being killed and how the community has gone to shit and nobody works together... really, that shit gives me a massive boner. except not for ever. it's not that much of a thrill when you can get a full kit in a few hours. i'm not generating a deep enough sadness for even the pvp to be worth it.

see... the thing about the total chaos of a real apocalypse is that it's boring.

once you reach a certain point, it's just repetitive and shitty.

the whole concept seems good at first, but when you think about it, unless repeating the same process for the same rewards ad infinum is fun for you, the premise of the game is kind of doomed. this is something i didn't recognize at first... i thought "WHY HASN'T THIS BRILLIANT THING BEEN DONE YET?!" however, over time. you get all the guns, you survive a while, you kill a bunch of zombies and survivors... so what? you end up wanting something more, which the game simply doesn't offer.

players can "create" their own content in a sandbox, sure, but that is completely fleeting because there is no mechanism for persistence past log-off. you can build a stronghold like you could irl, but you eventually have to log off and someone will eventually find it while you are logged off and take your shit and it all becomes a game of when all of that will happen.

the game as it is designed right now does not lend itself to true persistence because it is too close to reality to be a game. literally nobody is hardcore enough to stay online 24/7 to defend anything they might build and what you accumulate as an individual just caps off to quickly.

i stopped playing 2 weeks ago and probably won't come back, but i wanted to express all of this because the concept has potential, but will need a LOT of work to become commercially viable.

ok so lets all play call of duty, lets just run around ridiculously small maps and shoot. HOW? EASY! same thing all over and over again. Your point lacks logic. Some of the most popular games are repetitive.

PLEASE make it a game purchase only.

I don't know where this 'free to play is the future' bull is spawning from, but it's terrible. (I should imagine it's from kids playing Farmville or something).

Not only does 'free to play' end up costing a bomb for the consumer through 'micro-transactions', it easily becomes pay-to-win, and those willing to buy every goddamn hat the devs put in the game get the biggest advantage >:(

As for servers and development models, the community should come first and we can run our own servers :)

Game purchase.

Studio Developed but use some community input.

Community or Studio servers, the choice doesn't really matter as long as a set of rules is perfected and enforced.

I'm up for being involved in a Kickstarter.

One time pay for everlasting play.

It's a great game, but people wouldn't pay monthly for it.

In all honesty, keep it a mod and run it off Arma3.

For the love of jeebus, keep this shit legit.

Game purchase only

Studio developed

Kickstarter.

Some games are good F2P with cash shop items, I can't see DayZ with it.

Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

No

Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

Yes

Free to play, buy your shit?

Free to Play

Something else?

Off-line Single Player

Missions( journals and notes found in the game world and billboards)

Easter Egg items and locations( references to other zombie related movies and games)

Info hubs( where players can meet up safely and team-up)

Community developed or studio developed?

Studio developed with community help.

Community or studio servers? or both?

Both.

Kickstarter? or not?

Yes.

Edited by leeo38

Not sure if they need kickstarter for this.

I would pay money for this mod right now. It's worth it, even with the bugs.

I would only want to do game purchase.

I would like it to be < $15.00 USD

You would need a large development staff to rid the bugs, and add substantial world modifications for me to pay more (or a monthly sub)

ok so lets all play call of duty, lets just run around ridiculously small maps and shoot. HOW? EASY! same thing all over and over again. Your point lacks logic. Some of the most popular games are repetitive.

I agree. Games always have repetitive gameplay as far as I know. It's a matter of how interesting the gameplay is. And Day Z has a very interesting one. :)

Game purchase.

No game is worth 15 a month atm.

It would have to be less than 10 to appeal to masses.

It would also have to be very polished for a monthly sub with "endgame"

Id be willing to buy GOOD DLC that consist of meat and not a few map upgrades and 4 weapons like bf3. /sigh EA

Things like camo , face paint , gun camo are great things to charge a FEW bucks for. 2 to 5 bucks.

But also the Mod in the current state is very poor :D

Edited by A Bush killed me

- Game purchase only

- Studio developed

- Kickstarter

Thx for an awsome game!

With the mod's current state you would actually have to pay me to play it.

Game purchase only.

Studio developed.

Community or studio or both.

Not kickstarter, but maybe make it available for sale during development, like Minecraft. Not sure if that would make things more difficult though, so nevermind if that's too much trouble.

Game purchase only

Game purchase only.

Studio developed.

Community or studio or both.

Not kickstarter, but maybe make it available for sale during development, like Minecraft. Not sure if that would make things more difficult though, so nevermind if that's too much trouble.

--

Game Purchase only

Studio Development

Kickstarter

Good to hear its getting serious, hope it all turns out well

I would be willing to pay a fee to play a stand-alone version of this game (Unreal Engine 3 :) ).

If it would translate into continual development and improvement in gameplay, appearance, and composition of the overland map (you have to admit it looks kind of bland and empty... houses without doors and mostly populated by zombies and zombie chairs), then it would be worth $3 - $5 a month, ontop of the game sales.

As for development, it should of course be centered around a studio, but with the ability for users to mod for their own servers.

Kickstarter wouldn't hurt, but it should be used in conjunction with pre-purchases (or the pre-purchases should be integrated into the kickstarter process, such as how some developers will have a minimum donation amount which will get the donor a copy of the game when its finished).