Aypoc

Hotfix 1.7.2.6: What did it do?

Hotfix 1.7.2.6 was recently released on September 6, 2012. For one, I didn't even have any idea that another hotfix was going to be released; I thought 1.7.3 was going to be the next update. I went to go look at the changelog on the download mirror page but there isn't anything related to 1.7.2.6. So I ask all of you, what was actually fixed/changed? I saw Rocket's tweet about artifacting being gone, but is it really gone? Considering we were promised the extermination of artifacting in 1.7.2.5, have they actually got it right this time? Does this hotfix break more than it fixes, or is it worth a download?

Since I've upgraded to the latest patch I have experienced no graphics glitches at Balota, NWAF, Cherno, or Stary. Tents and vehicles now seem to save now as well. Even the helicopter location saves!!! They are a little buggy still though and don't save 100% of the time, but its better than not saving at all. However, the fuel level of the vehicles does go to zero after a restart.

• Like 1

Ya the artifacts are gone for me i haven't seen one since 1.7.2.5 i hope it's not a coincidence

For the most part, same here. But i do get some weird artifacting near North west barrack from the industrial area. Its similar to the symptoms we had before but not as bold in color, almost opaque even. Thats the only spot though, all other areas that gave me issues before are fine now.

I tried to read your post about 7 times but I couldn't do anything besides look at all the different colored words.

Hotfix 1.7.2.6 was recently released on September 6, 2012. For one, I didn't even have any idea that another hotfix was going to be released; I thought 1.7.3 was going to be the next update. I went to go look at the changelog on the download mirror page but there isn't anything related to 1.7.2.6. So I ask all of you, what was actually fixed/changed? I saw Rocket's tweet about artifacting being gone, but is it really gone? Considering we were promised the extermination of artifacting in 1.7.2.5, have they actually got it right this time? Does this hotfix break more than it fixes, or is it worth a download?

Next time, do a search or look in the announcement forum instead of playing with the colour options.

Locked.

Edited by Max Planck