bobeats

Goodbye DayZ and Hackers

Are you really as stupid as you're trying to come off with that post?

Well, seeing as I put about 0% effort into trying to look stupid, then yes. I would say I am exactly that much stupid.

In this mod, the trees can kill you, chickens can break your legs, and you can be killed at any second from upwards of 1000ft away by a random guy you wouldn't even guess is there. Even if none of that gets you when you're looting, Zombies are next to no threat in this mod as soon as you learn to avoid them, so what does that leave you? PvP, unless you, for whatever reason, plan on killing animals for months or are one of those people who stockpiles cars. And it's common sense that when you PvP in any game, you don't go in without accepting the fact that you can very easily die.

Edited by Rage VG

all you nolife haters fuck off with your "gamer pride" and your "be a man and play the game". OP said his reasons for quitting and you bash as if your paid to do it.

and when you say you dont care, my assssss you care just as much but you dont want to admit this "alpha mod" game whatever is ruined by all the hackers and all of its gamebreaking flaws.

Play lingor island. I police hackers out of my server pretty damn quick. I can even ban on suspicion just in case.

Well, seeing as I put about 0% effort into trying to look stupid, then yes. I would say I am exactly that much stupid.

In this mod, the trees can kill you, chickens can break your legs, and you can be killed at any second from upwards of 1000ft away by a random guy you wouldn't even guess is there. Even if none of that gets you when you're looting, Zombies are next to no threat in this mod as soon as you learn to avoid them, so what does that leave you? PvP, unless you, for whatever reason, plan on killing animals for months or are one of those people who stockpiles cars. And it's common sense that when you PvP in any game, you don't go in without accepting the fact that you can very easily die.

Oh I see what the problem here is, you've somehow missed that this thread is about hackers.

• Like 2

Play lingor island. I police hackers out of my server pretty damn quick. I can even ban on suspicion just in case.

What is your server?

I was on a lingor server the other day where a hacker was mass killing the server every 5 minutes... WITH an admin on. All the while the admin was making threats to people about using the sidechat.

• Like 1

Oh I see what the problem here is, you've somehow missed that this thread is about hackers.

No, I'm not. As my first post said, all that text wound up to was that he quit because he died to a hacker before he died to something else. I'm saying that if you log in and are actually suprised when you're hack killed, you're stupid. sure, dying to a hacker sucks and I'm not saying you should go "Oh shucks, a hacker! tisk tisk, oh well let's keep playing", but there's no point ragequitting over it as you will die anyway, it's just unfortunate it was sooner, and that they are getting away with doing it unfairly. There's literally no other difference between being shot with a sniper rifle and being nuked by a hacker.

Edited by Rage VG

I've never ran into a hacker myself.. I've only been playing a week and a half though.. MY friend and I were attacked last night.. and the attack seemed very sucsipoius.. Only two other players where in the server. We were traveling heavily too.. So unless the guy followed us around for several hours or was waiting for us to get to our destination like a very determined camper thinking we'd come by the area.. He was probably a haker then.. It was literally in the middle of no where.. No major cities near by. He hurt us pretty bad, but we disconnected.. something fishy like that, doesn't deserve our loot. :P.. We both still ended up dying in another server as we succumbed to our wounds. We are still having loads of fun and we love to watch and play games that evolve over time.

Edited by Forgewolf

More often then not hackers will teleport just out sight and then close the distance for the kill. To a unsuspecting player it would appear as a coincidental run in, when in fact they can spot everyone on the map and teleport anywhere on command.

• Like 1

No, I'm not. As my first post said, all that text wound up to was that he quit because he died to a hacker before he died to something else. I'm saying that if you log in and are actually suprised when you're hack killed, you're stupid. sure, dying to a hacker sucks and I'm not saying you should go "Oh shucks, a hacker! tisk tisk, oh well let's keep playing", but there's no point ragequitting over it as you will die anyway, it's just unfortunate it was sooner, and that they are getting away with doing it unfairly. There's literally no other difference between being shot with a sniper rifle and being nuked by a hacker.

what?

there is a huge difference. The result is the same yes, but I applaud people who snipe me in Stary with a DMR or something, thats part of the game. Instakilling, thunderdoming, as50TWS kills are not part of the game, and are slowly changing the global perspective of players for the worse.

As stated by someone else in this thread we shouldnt as a community be worried about dying from hackers, but about the overall effect that hackers have on the attitude of the community which overtime will make it harder for anyone to enjoy the game, even those who don't care about the occasional hacking death.

for example I think a lot of the Alt F4ing is related to this, hacking is so retarded that people just assume they are being assaulted by hackers and duck out, the two are related IMO.

and wtf people complaining about this thread. You came and posted here, even tho the subject was clearly stated.....

OP has my full agreement on the issue. The game seems pretty much plagued by hackers at the moment if you ask me. I haven't played for about a week now and I probably am not going to bother in the foreseeable future.

The whole thing started to seem ridiculous when by far the most common encounters in the game started to be ghillie guys all carrying M4 SD and AS 50. And when shooting at these crappy players, who can't even aim properly with their hacked gear, will either a ) cause them to mass kill the entire server right after they die or b ) just do absolute nothing, no matter how many times you shoot them at point blank range, because they are invincible. And all of this started to happen even on the less populated servers.

It's hard to see any point in playing that kind of game. If most of the people you meet is using the best possible gear, it seems to make more sense to just go play the plain Arma 2 - at least there you will instantly have the best possible gear too.

I hope that BI would actually get a sensible anti-cheat going on for the standalone, but I'm a bit doubtful.

It was fun while it lasted, so I might return for the standalone, but only if it seems that the problems have been solved in it (which does not seem like the most likely scenario though).

Please don't appoint yourself spokesman for everyone else, declaring why everyone is playing the game. The fact is that, btw OF COURSE, people are playing the mod as if it is a game. Some even bought Arma 2 just to play it. You sound like the fact that is it alpha is some sort of excuse for the hackers to throw other peoples gobs of time in the trash.

fact: this is an alpha

fact: the mod is free

I apologize if you felt like I was speaking for you. Nowhere in my post did I excuse hackers for anything. If you are playing this mod as a fully polished game then you sir are an idiot

I apologize if you felt like I was speaking for you. Nowhere in my post did I excuse hackers for anything. If you are playing this mod as a fully polished game then you sir are an idiot

hey man,

I gave your original post my beans because you talked about the false representation of that game, dont attack people for buying ARMA and expecting the real deal, a polished game. The press on this game RARELY discusses the buggs anymore. I have seen it promoted by hot chicks on some gaming show on TV, they obviously had never even fucking played it but they were hyping it as the best zombie game out there

THAT is the problem, Rocket can do an interview where the intervwier is congratulating him buggs might not even come into the discuscion. That is not rockets fault its the media running with whats popular

the first article I read was one on RPS a while ago and they were like "this shit is buggy as fuck"

rarely see an article like that nowadays, its mostly like "PLAY THIS GAME"

cant blame newcomers wndering wtf is going on

fact: Arma 2 costs money

fact: the game is also overrun by hackers

fact: it is not worth playing anymore

if you like the game how it is, fine. But dont you dare tell people they are stupid because they cant bare this alpha and free shit.

shit is still shit even if its free shit or in alpha state shit.

"Hurr Durr another QQ post" Like god forbid the guy just uses the general discussion board for what it is intended for. You know what i hate more than hackers? This fucking community of neck beards trying to use witticism in EVERY topic posted. Christ, you don't like these posts, then stop bumping them with your replies.

• Like 2

Dare I say yes you are a fool sir if you are unwilling to accept the fact that this free mod is in its alpha stage of development and you are hellbent on playing it like a polished game thus continuing to be disappointed. You sir would then be on a fools errand chasing wooden nickels.

I love playing in the alpha and I will never consider it crap.

you have a legitimate reason and as expected hackers are the first to troll your post.

Most are not hackers. I actually read the post and it came off reasonable bit many probably read the title and figured it was a whine post. It was kind of a whine post but not that bad since the guy at least wants to come back once this problem is under control. I know I have been fairly frustrated a few times and gone a few days without wanting to play, but I have a high tolerance for the current problems because I still have hope that most will be addressed by the stand alone. I understand the frustration on both sides, it gets old to see the same post about hackers every other post and at the same time hackers are a fairly big problem. If you are going to play you might as well just laugh after death by hack and go back to gearing up, otherwise you are not going to have a good time.

It's not hard to find the irregularities in the logs once you know what to look for. That not to say we never get hacked. It happens. But rather than be in game at that point I'm actively watching streaming logs and going back through static logs. You look for hacked weapons in arma2oa.rpt. Search the weapons with notepad++ teleporting you find in create vehicle.log. Look for create backpack entries in multiple locations in quick succession.

you have a legitimate reason and as expected hackers are the first to troll your post.

I can say for certain that certain veteran forum members who respond to these types of posts often, are indeed scripters. They come in to laugh and troll on these types of posts. It's sad that there are groups of these people in a clan (that I used to be in) play the game legitimately then resort to scripting when they're fed up with it themselves. Scripting made them online jerks who think they can do anything they want because they have godly powers.

Bah, they are probably laughing at my post right now.

I can say for certain that certain veteran forum members who respond to these types of posts often, are indeed scripters. They come in to laugh and troll on these types of posts. It's sad that there are groups of these people in a clan (that I used to be in) play the game legitimately then resort to scripting when they're fed up with it themselves. Scripting made them online jerks who think they can do anything they want because they have godly powers.

Bah, they are probably laughing at my post right now.

Personally, when I get that frustrated with the game, I tend to just log off and play some Team Fortress 2 or something else.

I think i've explained this to you before.

Fact: Were playing an add-on to Arma 2, a game released in June 2009 and a mod made for that add-on.

Fact: Some people paid money for Arma 2 to play DayZ

Fact:There is enough content to let players enjoy the current content longer than other AAA games.

Fact: Some people enjoy the current content more than some AAA games they've played.

Please save any other common sense for your Grandma.

Edited by Thane

Dare I say yes you are a fool sir if you are unwilling to accept the fact that this free mod is in its alpha stage of development and you are hellbent on playing it like a polished game thus continuing to be disappointed. You sir would then be on a fools errand chasing wooden nickels.

I love playing in the alpha and I will never consider it crap.

Dare i say? What, did you just take a fucking time machine from the 1800s to get here? That would explain YOUR COMPLETE LACK OF EXPERIENCE WITH USING MULTIPLAYER MODS WHICH DON'T CONTAIN HORDS OF FUTURE SERIAL KILLERS, WIFE BEATERS, BOSES WHO MAKE LIFE A LIVING HELL AND CHILD MOLESTERS FUCKING THE GAME UP FOR COMPLETE STRANGERS WHO'VE DONE THEM NO WRONG.

If you want to know how much experience I HAVE, look up Unreal Tournament, Tribes, Rainbow Six, start there and work your way forward. See you in 50 years.

Edited by Thane

Yet why have I been on public servers across the U.S. and Europe, often packed full with people, and never been the victim of a hack-attack once???? Smh.... script kiddies

I've only been playing DayZ a few weeks and I downright loved it. I've died many times to PK's and I've killed my fair share. Not once was I ever upset or mad because of being killed by a player. It was always a rush and I enjoyed it whether I lived or died. If I made a bad mistake and got killed by zombies, fell from a high place or got myself killed in any other way I would get back up and start again. I'd remember what I did wrong and try to improve for the next go round.

My view of the game all changed in the past few days. Three times now in a few day period (each on different servers), I was killed by hackers. Each of these characters I put in at least 6+ hours into and had decent items. One of them had 12+ hours of game play. A lot of deer stand farming, airfields etc. (I stay away from big cities until I'm well geared). Each of these three characters were equipped with Assault rifles, Maps, GPS's, plenty of ammo, I had tents setup here and there etc. One character even had NV goggles I found from a helicopter. Suddenly out of nowhere on each of these characters I would drop dead wherever I was, and the screen would flicker to a glitchy open field with three guys standing around my corpse (assuming looting it). One of the servers had global chat and other people were complaining about the hacker too, so I now know what it looks like and each of these events it was the same thing, drop dead, screen flickered and all of a sudden people standing around me in an blank open field.

As I said before, dying or getting killed legitamately never bothered me. Sure I might think I could've done this or that differently or might be a little upset at the way I performed. But I always got right back up and went at it again. Not this time though. The way this mod is meant to be played and the time and EFFORT you can put into a character to survive, being auto killed by a hacker is very discouraging and I am quitting the game because of it. I never understood why people cheat, It really takes the fun out of a game. Especially a game as great and unique as this, where is the fun in it?

I really am upset that I'm not going to play it anymore as there's nothing else out there like it. But after THREE of my decent geared characters that I put a lot of time into were killed by hackers Im not coming back. Hope you all have fun, maybe when DayZ is released as standalone and maybe a new anti-cheat system it won't be so bad and I may give it another go. I doubt it though because there will always be hackers no matter what game you play. And a game like DayZ where you put so much effort and time into and have only one life and a chance to lose it all.... to me Hackers hurt this game more than any other.

-Twinturbo