bobeats

Goodbye DayZ and Hackers

I've only been playing DayZ a few weeks and I downright loved it. I've died many times to PK's and I've killed my fair share. Not once was I ever upset or mad because of being killed by a player. It was always a rush and I enjoyed it whether I lived or died. If I made a bad mistake and got killed by zombies, fell from a high place or got myself killed in any other way I would get back up and start again. I'd remember what I did wrong and try to improve for the next go round.

My view of the game all changed in the past few days. Three times now in a few day period (each on different servers), I was killed by hackers. Each of these characters I put in at least 6+ hours into and had decent items. One of them had 12+ hours of game play. A lot of deer stand farming, airfields etc. (I stay away from big cities until I'm well geared). Each of these three characters were equipped with Assault rifles, Maps, GPS's, plenty of ammo, I had tents setup here and there etc. One character even had NV goggles I found from a helicopter. Suddenly out of nowhere on each of these characters I would drop dead wherever I was, and the screen would flicker to a glitchy open field with three guys standing around my corpse (assuming looting it). One of the servers had global chat and other people were complaining about the hacker too, so I now know what it looks like and each of these events it was the same thing, drop dead, screen flickered and all of a sudden people standing around me in an blank open field.

As I said before, dying or getting killed legitamately never bothered me. Sure I might think I could've done this or that differently or might be a little upset at the way I performed. But I always got right back up and went at it again. Not this time though. The way this mod is meant to be played and the time and EFFORT you can put into a character to survive, being auto killed by a hacker is very discouraging and I am quitting the game because of it. I never understood why people cheat, It really takes the fun out of a game. Especially a game as great and unique as this, where is the fun in it?

I really am upset that I'm not going to play it anymore as there's nothing else out there like it. But after THREE of my decent geared characters that I put a lot of time into were killed by hackers Im not coming back. Hope you all have fun, maybe when DayZ is released as standalone and maybe a new anti-cheat system it won't be so bad and I may give it another go. I doubt it though because there will always be hackers no matter what game you play. And a game like DayZ where you put so much effort and time into and have only one life and a chance to lose it all.... to me Hackers hurt this game more than any other.

-Twinturbo

Edited by Twinturbo4486
  • Like 13

It's a mod, not a retail game. What do you expect? Deal with it or wait for standalone

• Like 1

Yeah, can't really be bothered reading it either. The title said it all. Don't really care that you are leaving or care for your reasons to announce it.

I'm sure I shot someone called Twinturbo once...

I care that people are leaving largely because I don't think they understand that we are playing this mod in many respects like a game, but we are really here to alpha test it and help with bugs and issues. I feel bad for those who are misinformed about the state of the mod currently and who though it was/is a fully polished game at this point. I hope people reconsider leaving despite the hacking/scripting abuse and bug issues. It is very exciting for me to be on the front of the curve during this development process, and to be able to share it with others.

• Like 2

Hackers have been a problem long before a few weeks ago , deal with it , use a tent , they should be fixed now , cant find one , better hope no script kiddies join your game ......

hello friend you can come play war z with me its gonna be a better game anyway leave this fanboy hackers to there shitty game!

They do it so people like you make these 4218124 posts a day...

i dont understand the need to stop playing due to hackers ?

sure ive died to them plenty aswell as folly deaths and other hilarity, but its not gunna stop me from playing.

i'll just switch servers (if hackers are an issue server wide) and begin the gear hunt again.

to the OP all i can say is stop getting attached to your gear. its the single biggest thing you need to learn about DayZ..

if you cant stand to lose the gear and start over, you'll never enjoy this (game/mod/alpha/whateva it is curently)

My god some of the people on this forum are immature losers. Since when does leaving a game because of a massive amount of hacking and leaving one goodbye topic on the forums reason for being bashed by the community?

You know what I hate almost as bad as hackers? people who are rude jackass's to other players. His reasons for leaving are completely legitimate and he didn't rage or say the standalone was going to be a piece of crap, he even stated he would be back for the standalone if a different anti-cheat service provider was implemented. Which is entirely reasonable.

I hate hackers, I hate dying to hackers but most of all I hate how they completely disrupt the flow of the game. Which is what he is explaining in his post, it's not the death that hurts but the fact that the game itself is actually ruined by hacking, every part of the game.

So with that, I will say to the OP I don't blame you for leaving, I'm staying but I understand why you chose to leave and it is a completely acceptable reason. I wish you the best in your future gaming and hope you return for the standalone. The community on this forum is the most immature, annoying, childish, community I have ever seen when it comes to hackers.

See ya later,

Gambles

• Like 20

Yep, another "QQ I'm leaving and everyone should care" thread. We don't care, and you wasted your time with this thread. Please don't use the forum to vent your frustration about a currently un-fixable issue.

War z will not be better than standalone.

Warz will not be better than the mod even, too cartoonish. Id rather be killed by hack everyday.

Gambles I see your point on this and I have been trying not to be a dick in these goodbye threads as long as they are not whine threads. I have friends who stopped playing for the same reasons so I don't fault him for taking a break, but there are so many of these threads that a goodbye section should be added to the forum.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Yet another QQ I quit thread ether by an immature idiot or an unimaginative troll. Come on mods! Get the bleach out FFS.

Ignore all the people hating on you for being fed up with bullshit, i applaud your decision to leave the game until all the shits fixed, or to permanently put it down. Just laugh at all the people QQing about you QQing.

• Like 2

TL;DR edition: QQ hackers killed me before someone sniped me

Really, you do not go into DayZ expecting not to die. Resign yourself to the fact you can die at any second for any reason or don't play.

Warz will not be better than the mod even, too cartoonish. Id rather be killed by hack everyday.

Yeah War Z reminded me of Dead Island. That is not a good thing. I'll give it a chance but the visuals don't impress me. Sure AMRA II looks like arse, but at it gets "big" right. War Z looks like a corridor shooter.

It's a mod, not a retail game. What do you expect? Deal with it or wait for standalone

Hmm, perhaps he expects people not to act like fucking serial killers.

People act like they've never seen an "I quit" post before. Just thank god that you didn't play WoW or read the WoW forums. You think this recent bunch of people posting "I quit" posts are bad, you should of been around about a month after cataclysm(last exp) was released. Dear god, I think there were 100+ quit posts each day, all saying the same exact thing but worded differently. Just say "k bye" and move along. I myself am taking a good week or so break from DayZ due to hacking, and it actually starting to get to me, making me angry, etc... so I knew it was time for a break at that point. Been playing BF3 again for the last 3 days now, and it's fun as hell having not played it since about april.

• Like 1

TL;DR edition: QQ hackers killed me before someone sniped me

Really, you do not go into DayZ expecting not to die. Resign yourself to the fact you can die at any second for any reason or don't play.

Are you really as stupid as you're trying to come off with that post?

• Like 4

we are playing this mod in many respects like a game, but we are really here to alpha test it and help with bugs and issues.

Please don't appoint yourself spokesman for everyone else, declaring why everyone is playing the game. The fact is that, btw OF COURSE, people are playing the mod as if it is a game. Some even bought Arma 2 just to play it. You sound like the fact that is it alpha is some sort of excuse for the hackers to throw other peoples gobs of time in the trash.

and LOL at all the hate and "don't care you're leaving" posts.

You don't care players are leaving the game you claim to like to play? Then sounds like you are the scripters and griefers who are running the game into the ground in the first place.

• Like 1

Yet another QQ I quit thread ether by an immature idiot or an unimaginative troll. Come on mods! Get the bleach out FFS.

How is he immature? Hes just reaching out. HOW THE FUCK IS HE IMMATURE. Back up your stupid fuck comment.

Do you not know about the hackers? I've been hack killed over 50 times in just a month, WITH THE WHOLE FUCKING SERVER.