iceteaslurpie

CD Key In Use?

Hey, i was wondering if anyone has any clue as to why this is happening... Whenever i join a DayZ server this is what it says! CD Key is in Use...

I bought Arma 2 Combined Ops through steam. Anyone know how to fix or what to do?

EDIT: I have seen this happens to hackers... about selling the CD Keys and stuff... I Have NEVER Downloaded a hack and this is happening.

Edited by iceteaslurpie

Did you happened to got fished ? Like login into a fishing site ? It's enough too.

Did you happened to got fished ? Like login into a fishing site ? It's enough too.

I'm not sure what that means, but i always use DayZ Commander and check unofficial servers. I don't log into unofficial servers.

Edited by iceteaslurpie

I dont think so... But if that did happen, what should i do.

CD key in use : it's already too late.

99% of chances that your key got stolen and selled for less than 5$.

I have same problem. As i know, that's not a pure hack. CD key may generate by key generator(illegal program) for Arma 2 AO. If hacker generate same key as i have, hacker can use my character. So what i must to do? May'b someone in Bohemia interactive think about better protection of CD keys? Who can ban my old key & give me new?

May be Dean Hall add in Day Z something like addictional login & password?

Edited by Retiff

[...]If hacker generate same key as i have, hacker can use my character. So what i must to do? May'b someone in Bohemia interactive think about better protection of CD keys?[...]

I call bullshit.

BIS has a list of legit cd keys in their auth server which contains all sold physical copies, including what is sold to distributors. I'm guessing they dispatch bulks of keys to electronic versions as well, such as Steam. So lets say there are 2 million valid keys in the auth server. The key-generator only allows you to install the game, once you go online it checks if your key is legit. For each letter in the CD key, you can have A-Z and 0-9, meaning 34 possible combinations. Arma has a 24 digit CD key, meaning there are 7,085,587,176,950,499,380,342,846,631,444,480,000,000 (7 duodecillion) possible combinations. Are you claiming that this is not good enough? Are you really gonna claim that some how some one got your key with the staggering odds of 1:7 duodecillion? Yeah, good luck with that.

• Like 2

Rakrul is right.

Don't come in here with your cheap tears and sob story, when it has already been made 100% clear by Battleye that there is no other way to get this error that trying to run an illegal hack program !

We always knew hackers would try to cause confusion with sob stories of accidental bannings, and now it is happening more and more with these 'cd key thefts'. The mods should just lock the threads immediately and ban the poster.

I have same problem. As i know, that's not a pure hack. CD key may generate by key generator(illegal program) for Arma 2 AO. If hacker generate same key as i have, hacker can use my character. So what i must to do? May'b someone in Bohemia interactive think about better protection of CD keys? Who can ban my old key & give me new?

May be Dean Hall add in Day Z something like addictional login & password?

How many times are we gonna hear this sob story? The odds of having a random key generator 'duplicating' your cd key are astronomical. We are talking about numbers so huge that you would probably have more chance of winning lotto three weeks running and discovering the higgs boson in an experiment in your dingy bedroom.

You got caught either using a bypass/script or you downloaded a 'free' bypass/script that stole your key.

Man up and build a bridge.

Edited by slartibartfast

I meant phishing, sry

You constantly whinge about phishing web pages.

If you are moronic enough to go onto one of these, give over your steam account details or download their wares then you deserve the ban coming your way.

We laugh at dumb cants that cry about this.

Guys, stop insulting people without evidence!

I had the same problem with my freshly bought arma x copy. I didn't use any hacks or scripts (didn't even know how!) nor did I visit strange websites or download weird stuff.

I still wait for an answer from BIS-support.

• Like 1

There is always the possibility that there's a malicious worker at the German distributor some how copying these keys, but there are usually seals on those packages to prevent it.

Another possibility is that there's a production error on the CD-key so they're not registered in the auth-server. Neither are plausible.

Finally, it might be that you're infected with a trojan that steals your key, but that's a bit of a weird focus for a bot-network and especially since mainly German ArmA X users are infected. And there is of course a possibility that there's a legit reason that I haven't come up with.

And there is of course a possibility that there's a legit reason that I haven't come up with.

A big boy did it, then ran away. ;)

Stolen cd keys in distribution centres and botnets targeting German users.

Phew! Thank dog I don't live in fallingbostel anymore.

Hey, i was wondering if anyone has any clue as to why this is happening... Whenever i join a DayZ server this is what it says! CD Key is in Use...

I bought Arma 2 Combined Ops through steam. Anyone know how to fix or what to do?

EDIT: I have seen this happens to hackers... about selling the CD Keys and stuff... I Have NEVER Downloaded a hack and this is happening.

Does anybody else have access to your steam account? Maybe a friend's computer you used to log in or another family member?

They would probably have to be logged in at the same time though to get this error.(I'm only guessing here)

Oh come on, smart guys...

I had never used cheat, scripts, hacks or something like that.

I have Kaspersky AV & Comodo firewall on my pc, & you really think that security is not enough?

I am absolutely sure that some people do generate a CD keys. And yes, the protection of CD key accounts have not effective. This proves the existence of a large number of key generators.

Chance of luck is minimal, but sometimes happends.

Administration is easier to say that it was a phishing site or trojan, and nothing to do than to protect your account by login and password for example. This is a huge minus of Bohemia

Dear Rakrul & slartibartfast, stop trolling plz. Questions was for administration.

Edited by Retiff

Rakrul is right.

Don't come in here with your cheap tears and sob story, when it has already been made 100% clear by Battleye that there is no other way to get this error that trying to run an illegal hack program !

We always knew hackers would try to cause confusion with sob stories of accidental bannings, and now it is happening more and more with these 'cd key thefts'. The mods should just lock the threads immediately and ban the poster.

STFU idiot you ain't no mod. people can get them stolen using fake beta patches.

Information edited out. Please don't post links or video's regarding hacking. (Fraggle)

Edited by Fraggle

Ok

Alot of time wasting here; anyone actually research it instead of thinking they know everything.

this error can happen when logging it to quick after leaving a lobby (not a big problem with Load next attempt), used a fake bypass like

***: Battleye Bypass + Scripts [uNDETECTED] 9-18-2012 on youtube

or

Free *** - Updated September 2012 - Battleye Proof - Download

I used this in a none battle eye and I to payed the price)[what they do is steal your CD-Keys wile you think its bypassing], and someone Is using your key e.g Brother, Sister, Dad or cat.

Can anyone support {http://www.gamersgat...r?issue=239172} this fix? its not working for me because I think they just steal the key back imediatly after I do this.

My situation: I have Global ban: 3065# and when I use this fix I sometimes get 'CD-Key in use' and after like a minute reverts back to Global ban 3065#

So they Must have a program they helps the thieves continue playing in peice.

P.S. be nice to me my first post ^_^

I am absolutely sure that some people do generate a CD keys. And yes, the protection of CD key accounts have not effective. This proves the existence of a large number of key generators.

Chance of luck is minimal, but sometimes happends.

Administration is easier to say that it was a phishing site or trojan, and nothing to do than to protect your account by login and password for example. This is a huge minus of Bohemia

Dear Rakrul & slartibartfast, stop trolling plz. Questions was for administration.

I didn't see this post until now, but you either didn't read my post properly or didn't understand it. The formula to allow you installing the game is pretty straight forward and the game will accept billions and billions of CD-keys to be installed and that's what the cd-key generator does. Once you go online you need the cd-key from an actual game that was sold and entered into BIS's auth server. That odds of that are 1:7 duodecillion which means next to impossible. To say that again so you understand it : There's no way that happened! It will never happend!

The protection is incredible strong and there's no reason for BIS to improve it. If they changed their system to username/password that would actually be a lot weaker. I understand that you don't have a great concept of math, but you really don't understand of incredible farfatched this is. It's in the neighbourhood of Megan Fox suddenly materializing in your bed. Horny. For you.

Edited by Rakrul

I have this problem too. Just today. I have NEVER EVER EVER downloaded or even looked at ***s. I despise anyone that does. And today i go to play on a server and it tells me "CD Key in use". And not 6 hours ago i was playing. is it 1.7.5.1 issues. Im going to try to verify and backup my files from steam. But right now it looks bleak. Anyone know how to fix this?