ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Following the hacker attack on dayz.st I have had to lock our server and do some maintenance restoring all our custom vehicle spawns and added buildings before I can open it again but hopefully within a day it will be back up and running but with even more customisations including more bases for everyone to take control of.

Thanks to ersan for his continued support and first class service he offers us all, it is unfortunate that these mindless hacker attacks affect our servers but fear not we will be back bigger and better very soon.

How have you been adding buildings?

Does anyone know how to import stuff from the 3D editor into the database?

this is how i have been doin it, not sure it its 100% correct way but it works for me

build your base/ whatever in the 3d editor - save as single player mission

run arma2_3D_to_2D converter, convert map from above step to 2d map

open the resulting mission.sqm in a text editor (i would use notepad++ - will make your life easier )

you will see you items you placed -

class Item0
{
position[]={4472.5938, 0, 7277.0659};
azimut=0;
id=0;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="Land_BagFenceCorner";
skill=1.00000;

you need to take the position and azimut and convert to world space co-ords

{x,z,y} to [azm,[x,y,0]]

so the above example would be

position[]={4472.5938, 0, 7277.0659};
azimut=0;
=

[0,[4472.59,7277.06,0]]

Edited by frank_butcher

How have you been adding buildings?

By using the Instance building and instance deployable table in a similar manner to how is described in the post above.

Edited by Bassline

bo0n: Dayz.St is running a old version of Celle, i have the same issue on my server, i know they are working on it. the solution right now is to downgrade DayZ to the previous version. We know Ersan is working really hard to fix everything! tell your players to downgrade for now ;)

• Like 1

bo0n: Dayz.St is running a old version of Celle, i have the same issue on my server, i know they are working on it. the solution right now is to downgrade DayZ to the previous version. We know Ersan is working really hard to fix everything! tell your players to downgrade for now ;)

Hi DonBaker.

Thank you for your answer, it works. ;)

Hello is there a way to launch rMod using DayzCommander? I want to do it this way to let the players in my server connect easily using dayz commander.

please tell me there is a way to launch rmod using dayzcommander otherwise i will be forced to unistall it from my beautifull dayz.st server :)

There's something wrong with the DB restore that was done last night. The spawned vehicles are wrong, for example boats are on land. It also looks like some of the spawns are incorrect now, plane spawns I added are now buses. Could you have a look into it?

b0on: tell me if you are getting loot in the new building on Celle? thansk!

Azereus: the only way to launch RMOD with DayZ commander is to add it manually in launch parameter ( by adding -mod=@Rmod )

You did everything right, and after the constant pain in the ass I have had with that other hosting company, you have no idea how awesome that makes me feel as a customer.

While I agree that the communication and everything was good, and I am happy things were brought back online swiftly, I'm still upset about the backups not containing everything... I went online to their IRC, and was pleased that things have now been corrected and everything is now getting backed up. The "OTHER" company you like to complain about had to reset my backup... and it was the Whole backup.... I'm pleased that ST now modified their backups, but I will now also backup myself, and am now looking at 4 hours or more to add over 100 buildings, walls, and my vehicles are all screwed up, but I will correct that myself.

There's something wrong with the DB restore that was done last night. The spawned vehicles are wrong, for example boats are on land. It also looks like some of the spawns are incorrect now, plane spawns I added are now buses. Could you have a look into it?

My vehicles were completely screwed as well. Luckily I back up all my data manually though.

If you restore a much earlier back up, this should also work.

Edited by Bernardo

Not sure if you can help with this, but I made walls using the 3d editor, and then swapped the coordinates around, like:

[2529.8201, 13045.514], [], 0,

to dayz format, like: [0,[2529.8201,13045.514,0]]

Which works for buildings, etc...

However;

When placing walls I hit a problem :(

When I convert them like:

[2544.9448, 13043.856, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0,]

to

[0, [2544.9448, 13043.856, 3.0517578e-005,0]]

and the walls don't appear :(

So, I removed the , 3.0517578e-005 bit as it seemed 'extra', leaving '[0, [2544.9448, 13043.856,0]]' and they DO then appear, but all pointing in one direction (like north to south, or east to west, or whatever), instead of as I placed them (joined up, obviously!) :P

Urgh, I made that sound more complicated than I had to, but basically I suspect that the above code breaks down to:

[0, [x-coord, y-coord, Something-else-like-orientation,0]]

Unfortunately if I don't include 'Something-else', then they walls are all aligned wrong, whereas if I do, then the walls just are NOT there!

Could the 'Something else' (, 3.0517578e-0 in this instance) go elsewhere in the brackets? Like, say in place of the 0 at the start or end?

Thanks in advance!

Ps. If this is all a little too much, feel free to ignore my PM!!!

My vehicles were completely screwed as well. Luckily I back up all my data manually though.

If you restore a much earlier back up, this should also work.

Send us a PM or e-mail (if you haven't already) and we'll see what we can do - the only way I can think that this would have happened is if you tried to change maps or restore a backup during the 3 hours or so that we were offline.

Not sure if you can help with this, but I made walls using the 3d editor, and then swapped the coordinates around, like:

[2529.8201, 13045.514], [], 0,

to dayz format, like: [0,[2529.8201,13045.514,0]]

Which works for buildings, etc...

However;

When placing walls I hit a problem :(

When I convert them like:

[2544.9448, 13043.856, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0,]

to

[0, [2544.9448, 13043.856, 3.0517578e-005,0]]

and the walls don't appear :(

So, I removed the , 3.0517578e-005 bit as it seemed 'extra', leaving '[0, [2544.9448, 13043.856,0]]' and they DO then appear, but all pointing in one direction (like north to south, or east to west, or whatever), instead of as I placed them (joined up, obviously!) :P

Urgh, I made that sound more complicated than I had to, but basically I suspect that the above code breaks down to:

[0, [x-coord, y-coord, Something-else-like-orientation,0]]

Unfortunately if I don't include 'Something-else', then they walls are all aligned wrong, whereas if I do, then the walls just are NOT there!

Could the 'Something else' (, 3.0517578e-0 in this instance) go elsewhere in the brackets? Like, say in place of the 0 at the start or end?

Thanks in advance!

Ps. If this is all a little too much, feel free to ignore my PM!!!

The coordinates are like this [rotation, [x, y, z]]

rotation is 0-360 degrees and is why your walls are facing in the wrong direction - I have no idea how the 3D editor file determines rotation but it has to be in there somewhere. Perhaps it is the 3.05 number but 3 degrees is barely rotated at all.

z is number of meters above ground level to place the item

Edited by ersan191

Ersan - as ever, you have been a great help!

Thanks for the schema [rotation, [x, y, z]] - That is all I need as I can now just tweak the variables and figure it all out :D

THANKS!!!

Send us a PM or e-mail (if you haven't already) and we'll see what we can do - the only way I can think that this would have happened is if you tried to change maps or restore a backup during the 3 hours or so that we were offline.

The coordinates are like this [rotation, [x, y, z]]

rotation is 0-360 degrees and is why your walls are facing in the wrong direction - I have no idea how the 3D editor file determines rotation but it has to be in there somewhere. Perhaps it is the 3.05 number but 3 degrees is barely rotated at all.

z is number of meters above ground level to place the item

Just throwing in a heads up. I am very interested in your servers and when I get home from work, I will be purchasing a private hive server. Looks great guys, thanks for a wonderful example of excellent customer support/service. I will share how my experience goes in a few hours!

• Like 1

E-mail sent, the map wasn't changed and we didn't attempt a backup restore until today. Just seems like the vehicles are all swapped around at the moment.

MY map tool doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Server has 30 ppl on it, but the map tool is only showing 5 people online and a lot of the red dots have disappeared?

is there any way you guys are going to support this http://opendayz.net/...ation-gcam.768/

This could help my server out alot :)

Btw ordering my 2nd Server tonight

This is the new one that was released friday right? I really hope they implement this so much. They said the last spectate tool was to much of a pain, but all of the feedback seems so much better on this one. We really need this

• Like 1

This is the new one that was released friday right? I really hope they implement this so much. They said the last spectate tool was to much of a pain, but all of the feedback seems so much better on this one. We really need this

Spectate tool would be really good.

• Like 1

What should I do in my private server, to random spawn a vehicle?

Just updated Celle on all servers to the version that is compatible with Play withSIX, you can download it directly at http://dayz.st/files/Celle_Dayz.zip or from the source at http://opendayz.net/downloads/maps/celle/Celle_Dayz.zip or just use Play withSIX to connect.

MY map tool doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Server has 30 ppl on it, but the map tool is only showing 5 people online and a lot of the red dots have disappeared?

We just updated the map tool today to the version we've been working on - animated player/vehicle trails and rotation still aren't working/tested completely yet (they are in the code of the new map but disabled) but we fixed a couple problems where the map would stop working if players or vehicles had invalid location data (which we've seen a few times and was probably causing your issue). It now uses AJAX to pull data from your database so it may take a second or two to load instead of instantly like before.

What should I do in my private server, to random spawn a vehicle?

Click 'spawn' next to the max vehicles setting in the control panel?

As for the spectator tool - I'm going to see what I can do, the problem is it's a completely different mission file and we compile missions on-the-fly using the bliss compile scripts which this is totally incompatible with. We can't reliably do things like enable rMod or side chat with the spectator missionfile currently.

Also Dallas/Washington DC are sold out again, will probably try to get a Washington DC server up today, but it may take until Monday because of the weekend.

Edited by ersan191

I sent an email to these guys as I had trouble logging in. They replied to me within 30 seconds of sending the email!! Such good hosts with amazing customer support!

• Like 1

I seem to be getting a problem at the moment where players are getting killed on connect and then spawning in the middle of nowhere with no weapons.

This has only happened to me once but it is getting to be quite an issue now, is this a problem with DayZ 1.7.3 or is this just a problem I am having with my server?