ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

The spawning buildings part is really difficult. I have spent hours today trying to get any sort of base type thing and it is just impossible. I have tried reading online which buildings are spawnable and no answers and everyone just states the same thing about using the 3d editor and then importing it into the mission file.

The spawning buildings part is really difficult. I have spent hours today trying to get any sort of base type thing and it is just impossible. I have tried reading online which buildings are spawnable and no answers and everyone just states the same thing about using the 3d editor and then importing it into the mission file.

what i did was use tank traps its still time consuming but it works

just place the tank traps where you want the buildings and then go into the instance_deployable DB and change whereit says Hedgehog to the class name of the building you want i would password the server while you do this because you will need to restart the server a few times

what i did was use tank traps its still time consuming but it works

just place the tank traps where you want the buildings and then go into the instance_deployable DB and change whereit says Hedgehog to the class name of the building you want i would password the server while you do this because you will need to restart the server a few times

Have you created a base or trading post on Chernasus?

This sounds awesome, but I hope you can fix the accuracy of map too becouse its so way off now that placing buildings would be kind of useless without fixing that.

Agreed, this is another thing we want to address before doing buildings.

Did the auto back-up interval change to 6 hours?

Yes temporarily, it will be changed back to 1 hour soon.

Lets go close to Australia!! :D

I keep trying to get people to vote for Singapore which should be about 70 ping to Australia but Aussies don't seem to like it!

Edited by ersan191

Hello is there any guide to add rMod with dayz.st?. I am a complete noob with databases and stuff, i just want to add the mosquito helicopter and not the default one with guns on the side. You know people in my server voted for a heli that forces you to get in the ground and fight like a man :P. Any1 have a guide for dummies on how to add rMod with dayz.st?.

Have you created a base or trading post on Chernasus?

no i made a town on namalsk at the airfield but it will work the same on chernasus

Hello is there any guide to add rMod with dayz.st?. I am a complete noob with databases and stuff, i just want to add the mosquito helicopter and not the default one with guns on the side. You know people in my server voted for a heli that forces you to get in the ground and fight like a man :P. Any1 have a guide for dummies on how to add rMod with dayz.st?.

i believe that DayZ.st add's rMod to the server for you then you will need to use the map tool and add custom vehicles to the map

I must be honest here, so far i'm not having a (too) good experience:

- Setup time: amazing! It went online a moment after the signup.

- Communication: fair, had a reply via PM here on the forum (nor that i used the support much yet).

Now the negative (this is on NL):

- The server lags suddendly for no reason when having more than 25 players aboard;

- The control panel doesn't work: 90% of the times i'm unable to download the scripts.log, this is the content:

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: file_get_contents(http://x.x.x.x/getscripts/15) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in <b>/home/ersan/Dropbox/Sites/dayz.st/classes/servers.class.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />

Edited by WalkerDown

A couple questions:

• Is it possible to have the map default to show vehicle spawn points when it starts up instead of spawned vehicles? That way admins won't know the positions of vehicles on the map unless they want or need to.
  • Is there a way to get old server logs? I keep on hearing about hackers a day or so after the fact, and I don't have any way to check aside from the what's kept in Dart.

I must be honest here, so far i'm not having a (too) good experience:

- Setup time: amazing! It went online a moment after the signup.

- Communication: fair, had a reply via PM here on the forum (nor that i used the support much yet).

Now the negative (this is on NL):

- The server lags suddendly for no reason when having more than 25 players aboard;

- The control panel doesn't work: 90% of the times i'm unable to download the scripts.log, this is the content:

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: file_get_contents(http://x.x.x.x) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in <b>/home/ersan/Dropbox/Sites/dayz.st/classes/servers.class.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />

We can't help the lag problem, I was told by R4Z0R49 (the current DayZ developer) that 1.7.3 has some unoptimized scripts and they would be fixed in the next patch - the only thing I've been able to do is offer to lower the maximum players for people.

I will check into the control panel problem, I wasn't aware of it until just now.

A couple questions:

• Is it possible to have the map default to show vehicle spawn points when it starts up instead of spawned vehicles? That way admins won't know the positions of vehicles on the map unless they want or need to.
  • Is there a way to get old server logs? I keep on hearing about hackers a day or so after the fact, and I don't have any way to check aside from the what's kept in Dart.

I'll look into saving the state of the map when you close it.

The only way to keep archived server logs is to download them at a regular interval on your end - we can't store logs indefinitely or they would take up all the space on the servers.

Edited by ersan191

Hello once again, on our server humanity system doesnt work, every each 1 of the player on the server has 2500 humanity and it wont change, we really miss teh bandits and heroes :)

I'll look into saving the state of the map when you close it.

The only way to keep archived server logs is to download them at a regular interval on your end - we can't store logs indefinitely or they would take up all the space on the servers.

Even changing the default view of the map to vehicle spawn points would be okay.

And what about storing logs for the past 2-3 days? The main problem I find is that I have to constantly monitor logs in order to find hackers, and end up missing them when I'm busy doing something else.

Next week sometime, we're making the map animated so it draws trails behind moving players and vehicles and that's like 80% done, then we have to do rotation so you can change the direction buildings/vehicles are facing (if they all faced north it would be kind of lame) and then we can finally add the building spawns.

Great! Thanks :)

I will have a try via phpmyadmin in a moment, as I am used to phpmyadmin for website hosting, just not sure about the tables for arma, but I guess I will figure it out with the help of Pegz post :D

Hello once again, on our server humanity system doesnt work, every each 1 of the player on the server has 2500 humanity and it wont change, we really miss teh bandits and heroes :)

DayZ 1.7.3 bug, we have no control over it sorry. Wait for a new version of DayZ

To summarize, bugs in DayZ 1.7.3:

- Vehicles not taking damage, vehicles not repairing, and vehicle damage not saved between restarts.

- Lag spikes/desync due to 25+ players (even if you only have 5 players now, once it starts lagging at 25+ it will likely continue to lag until it is restarted)

- Humanity does not work.

- Logging in and instantly dying or logging in and spawning on debug island.

If we get any more e-mails about any of these issues we will simply respond with "This is a DayZ 1.7.3 bug and will supposedly be fixed in the next version of DayZ"

Also a side note since we get this question a lot - NO YOU CANNOT edit the loot spawn table for buildings, it is contained within the client files. If you were serious about doing that you would need to modify the client and have everyone download a different version of DayZ just to play on your server.

You *technically* can edit the loot spawns for helicopter crashes but we very seriously recommend against it, you will have to modify the server pbo file which means we will have to freeze your server from being updated - we do not maintain legacy versions of the control panel (map, loadout editor, timezone modification, etc.) for older versions of bliss or DayZ and they will very quickly stop functioning on your server. If it's really so horrible that people have L85's and AS50's then you should probably come up with a script that searches the database for whatever items you don't want people to have and deletes them from their inventories - that would be infinitely less of a hassle for you than trying to maintain a different version of the server files than the ones we support.

Even changing the default view of the map to vehicle spawn points would be okay.

The majority of people would prefer to see the active vehicles on startup so we don't want to change the default for everyone.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

The majority of people would prefer to see the active vehicles on startup so we don't want to change the default for everyone.

Fair enough. What about the question I had about hanging onto logs for 2-3 days? That shouldn't require a dramatic increase in storage capacity.

Just added rMod for Namalsk:

Qdfgo.jpg

Use the standard Chernarus rMod for the client install.

EDIT: I threw it on Panthera just to see if it would work and to my suprise it did... I'll be testing and adding more maps to it tomorrow, for now Panthera and Namalsk are rMod enabled.

TvW1J.jpg

Fair enough. What about the question I had about hanging onto logs for 2-3 days? That shouldn't require a dramatic increase in storage capacity.

It would require a considerable amount of rewriting of our software though, I will look into it. I still think users keeping their own log archives locally isn't that much to ask for.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

Something is wrong with the Map its not updating.its not showing players online just like 8 People not the whole server

Edited by Drewhite

New location added: Seattle, WA - also added another Dallas, TX server, both have availability now.

Seattle, WA Test Server:

IP: 50.23.131.224:2302

Hive: DayZ.ST Shared

Max Players: 50

Something is wrong with the Map its not updating.its not showing players online just like 8 People not the whole server

Send us an e-mail with your user details please.

Ersan, not sure if you're looking already into it.. or if i've officially ask with a support "ticket", it's about the "2500 ping" issue and the problems to download the logs (especially the scripts.log) on NL servers.

Ersan, not sure if you're looking already into it.. or if i've officially ask with a support "ticket", it's about the "2500 ping" issue and the problems to download the logs (especially the scripts.log) on NL servers.

I'm aware of it, its on my notepad so I'll get to it soon.

I'm aware of it, its on my notepad so I'll get to it soon.

See mate, i remember convincing you to put up private servers and it will pick up. Your going to need to hire a team soon ;-)

Good to see Ersan and DayZ.st get the recognition and customers they deserve. Never had a single issue that hasn't been instantly dealt with if possible and the amount of work he's put in to bring some awesome features is next level.

Recommend these to anyone looking for a host

• Like 1

Just wanted to make you aware if you didn't know, some vehicle spawns aren't showing up on the map for some reason. Might be some of the vehicles added before the DayZ update that wiped the spawns.

Just wanted to make you aware if you didn't know, some vehicle spawns aren't showing up on the map for some reason. Might be some of the vehicles added before the DayZ update that wiped the spawns.

Spawns were never deleted, there may be an invalid world position or inventory or something on one of your vehicles or players that is stopping the map script from running halfway through - try pressing F12 and clicking on Console to see the javascript console and check for errors.

Edited by ersan191