ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Guys, you need to give Ersan some slack.

Some of us are waiting for more than a month for a solution, we awaited silently giving him all the time he needed, but there's nothing moving here. Admining a server is DayZ is not only put it online and forget about it, it's about spending hours every day FOR FREE to handle with a moltitude of issues, if you're going to add more work at the top of it because of lack of important tools/feature (ie: impossibility of modify your banlist, impossibility of customize the other settings files (ie: scripts.txt etc.) to easily cath the cheaters, then you're job is even harder or almost impossible to do.

It's clear that DayZ.st is grown in size without having the correct infrastructure to handle all the customers, so it went from a 2 hours support reply to 2 days in the best scenario, often you do not find any admin in the irc channel, neither you're email are read properly (last time i emailed them asking to disable gotcha, i had to wait 3 days, after have sent 3 emails and have posted on this forum).

You're correct there's nothing better for the same price, but this doesn't justify the lack of customer service: if the others sucks, this doesn't make your service automagically good, you're just slightly less worse than those others.

Note: if you just signup for a server and you don't actively admin it, you won't notice any problem, coz you're not there! But if you are constantly admining your server all the problems will smack your face, and you'll notice how frustrating it is to try to admin a server (or more than a server) when at the top of the DayZ issue you gonna sum the problems of your hosting service.

• Like 1

I don't know if FTP access is absolutely essential, but the current Rcon offerings of managing banlists are terrible. With Dart, for instance, you have to manually add each and every ban. There is no way to copy and paste or import/ export lists. I do have to say we're banning 20-30 players per day and averaging about 2-3 rollbacks per day due to injection of some shitty script. I'm also not a huge fan of losing the server log files on each and every restart. I understand resources are limited, but it would be nice to have access to them for 24 hours or so you're able to review them. It's difficult to keep a server populated when players become pissed off due to the rollbacks and getting hacked.

I'm not demanding anything, just merely suggesting having more ways and options to combat the scripties would be most useful.

Ersan

it seems that the problem really Restriction # 2 was resolved.

We detected two more problems. one related to spawning helicrash, they are not spawning on the map.

the other problem is related to terrorist suit when equipped disconnect the player when he reconnects the terrorist suit disappears.

Ersan

it seems that the problem really Restriction # 2 was resolved.

We detected two more problems. one related to spawning helicrash, they are not spawning on the map.

the other problem is related to terrorist suit when equipped disconnect the player when he reconnects the terrorist suit disappears.

We're aware of the heli crash spawning but don't have a good fix yet. Will look into the terrorist suit - do you happen to know the classname of the item?

We're aware of the heli crash spawning but don't have a good fix yet. Will look into the terrorist suit - do you happen to know the classname of the item?

I have that reference "Skin_Camo4_DZ", but it seems this happening to another terrorist suit, but that does not get the reference

Well i had enough and just canceled, so I'm gonna throw it of my chest...

First of all sorry for my English.

Not gonna blame you Ersan for all the DDoS attacks etc - shit happens. But the lack of concern is to much to bare.

Every issue I've reported was just ignored.

Running twice the building spawn on the default server.pbo - http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/door-problems-with-newly-created-buildings.7312/ - check

Moving the EU servers database to...EU (current one is hosted in the US if anyone cares) - no ETA still (like setting up a Debian box with MySQL and PMA is f rocket science) - check

Also about DayZ+

Well, if you're merged the code and didn't even tried too look at it, here's a news flash for you: UH1Wreck_DZ is f wrong! Hint: UH1YWreck_DZ.

2nd Hint - the UH60Wreck_DZ also works

That's only few of the examples. Not to mention that you told all your customers that the messages table in Bliss wasn't working which is totally BS. the server_monitor and server_cleanup files only needed some code to be inserted. ALSO I've tried to help with that on IRC with giving the exact strings. No one really cared

But why the f did you put the vehicle spawns in DayZ+ to the object_spawns table is way over my head and I'm not even gonna comment that.

I'm not gonna even mention the time that it took to edit some simple .txt files. Still you dare to say that noone even cares about FTP access. Sure 90% of all the ppl don't care, since most of the kids that are hosting the servers from you guys are a bunch of noobs, that are joining your irc # to ask how to place a f Death Star in the middle of Chernarus! Why bother with the more skilled ones when you host 2280 out of 6125 DayZ servers ATM, right? I've canceled - 1 problem solved!?

It's been a fun ride at the beginning but all of this has grown way beyond your expectations and ability to handle it.

Have fun merging the 1.7.5 code - wonder how that's gonna end up when the client files will be released.

If anyone's reading - I'm not saying this is a bad hosting. But If you wanna do something that's not standard, go and buy your self a VDS/VPS - time saved.

• Like 1

Well i had enough and just canceled, so I'm gonna throw it of my chest...

First of all sorry for my English.

Not gonna blame you Ersan for all the DDoS attacks etc - shit happens. But the lack of concern is to much to bare.

Every issue I've reported was just ignored.

Running twice the building spawn on the default server.pbo - http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/door-problems-with-newly-created-buildings.7312/ - check

Moving the EU servers database to...EU (current one is hosted in the US if anyone cares) - no ETA still (like setting up a Debian box with MySQL and PMA is f rocket science) - check

Also about DayZ+

Well, if you're merged the code and didn't even tried too look at it, here's a news flash for you: UH1Wreck_DZ is f wrong! Hint: UH1YWreck_DZ.

2nd Hint - the UH60Wreck_DZ also works

That's only few of the examples. Not to mention that you told all your customers that the messages table in Bliss wasn't working which is totally BS. the server_monitor and server_cleanup files only needed some code to be inserted. ALSO I've tried to help with that on IRC with giving the exact strings. No one really cared

But why the f did you put the vehicle spawns in DayZ+ to the object_spawns table is way over my head and I'm not even gonna comment that.

I'm not gonna even mention the time that it took to edit some simple .txt files. Still you dare to say that noone even cares about FTP access. Sure 90% of all the ppl don't care, since most of the kids that are hosting the servers from you guys are a bunch of noobs, that are joining your irc # to ask how to place a f Death Star in the middle of Chernarus! Why bother with the more skilled ones when you host 2280 out of 6125 DayZ servers ATM, right? I've canceled - 1 problem solved!?

It's been a fun ride at the beginning but all of this has grown way beyond your expectations and ability to handle it.

Have fun merging the 1.7.5 code - wonder how that's gonna end up when the client files will be released.

If anyone's reading - I'm not saying this is a bad hosting. But If you wanna do something that's not standard, go and buy your self a VDS/VPS - time saved.

Sigh...

Yes we are aware of the double building spawns, no we do not know how to fix it because guess what: we are a server host, we did not write bliss, which is what has the bugs in the first place. We do not employ people to write our own private hive software, we simply use what is available - you are expecting too much, and we have always been extremely hesitant to make modifications to bliss because of its ongoing development. Now that ayan has abandoned the project we will have to reconsider our strategy towards it. Since you are such a power user you can fix the problems and recompile the PBO on your server, why are you blaming us for problems with bliss? Mind boggling.

Yes we host the database in the US, yes we are working on creating an EU endpoint, no it is not as easy as 'setting up a Debian box with MySQL and PMA'. No it is not a priority because saving 60ms on database queries does not reduce lag very much, if at all. The only reason we are even bothering is for failover databases in case the primaries crash, slightly decreased latency for EU servers is just a side effect. MySQL replication is absolutely terrible at the moment and thus we have to come up with a better solution.

Yes we are fully aware that there are UH1Y and UH60 wrecks in DayZ+, no we cannot just change the class names in the code and have it work as it breaks all of the bliss merging functions and the loot tables are completely different.

All I said about the messages table is that we do not guarantee that it works in any shape or form, we compile bliss --with-messages and if they don't work then they don't work, again we DID NOT WRITE BLISS (shocker, I know) - I would've told you to go open tickets with the author if it was still being maintained, but it isn't.

I accidentally left an object_spawns table in the base dayz+ database, it is never utilized by bliss and I have dropped it from the default install, not that it has any affect whatsoever on anything. DayZ+ does not have a bliss port so we created our own, I imported the object_spawns table from the dayz+ lite package and used it to form the world_vehicle table and forgot to delete it, not something that is earth shattering.

We are working on FTP, it isn't ready, and we make it very clear that we do not have FTP access upfront.

If you want complete control over your server go get a VPS, said it a hundred times - we are a managed host, we have an easy-to-use interface for people who don't have the time or desire to read through hundreds of forum threads and increasingly sparse documentation learning how to do things. We do what we can to accomodate the minority but there is just no pleasing some people. We make it absolutely clear what we offer as far as hosting goes and then people sign up and demand more and when their demands aren't met they start ranting on the forums, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by ersan191

Sigh...

Yes we are aware of the double building spawns, no we do not know how to fix it because guess what: we are a server host, we did not write bliss, which is what has the bugs in the first place. We do not employ people to write our own private hive software, we simply use what is available - you are expecting too much, and we have always been extremely hesitant to make modifications to bliss because of its ongoing development. Now that ayan has abandoned the project we will have to reconsider our strategy towards it. Since you are such a power user you can fix the problems and recompile the PBO on your server, why are you blaming us for problems with bliss? Mind boggling.

I'm not blaming anyone, and didn't ever about some crap in Bliss Code. Since you're compiling the Bliss packages for every instance separately keep in mind that stuff goes wrong - period. I was/I'am fully capable of modifing it myself. And hell, since you put up the ability to upload custom *.pbo's I was the first in line. But the story: "It's not our fault - we don't write the code" is utter BS. But I'll be back to this in a sec.

Yes we host the database in the US, yes we are working on creating an EU endpoint, no it is not as easy as 'setting up a Debian box with MySQL and PMA'. No it is not a priority because saving 60ms on database queries does not reduce lag very much, if at all. The only reason we are even bothering is for failover databases in case the primaries crash, slightly decreased latency for EU servers is just a side effect. MySQL replication is absolutely terrible at the moment and thus we have to come up with a better solution.

I've asked about the constant desync about 10 times via mail or IRC. Everytime I've got a different excuses for it. DB issues, DB location, ARMA code, DDos/Dos, more than 40 players on the server etc. I've played a lot of servers lately just to test if there were such issues. Guess what?! None of them had such problems.

Yes we are fully aware that there are UH1Y and UH60 wrecks in DayZ+, no we cannot just change the class names in the code and have it work as it breaks all of the bliss merging functions and the loot tables are completely different.

As I previously stated your problem is that you're still trying to build Bliss OTF for every user instance. I'm not the one that should tell you that's horribly wrong, keeping in mind that the combinations are very much limited and it should be no such problem to keep the code static/already compiled (in that case already modified for the sake that your custom build). But's not the case. If you're offering DayZ+ you should offer it fully working!

The code for the heli crashes requires one letter to be changed (not mentioning the second type that needs to be fully added).

All I said about the messages table is that we do not guarantee that it works in any shape or form, we compile bliss --with-messages and if they don't work then they don't work, again we DID NOT WRITE BLISS (shocker, I know) - I would've told you to go open tickets with the author if it was still being maintained, but it isn't.

http://www.blissrepo.com/ - January 25, 2013 - that's all I've got to say about this...

I accidentally left an object_spawns table in the base dayz+ database, it is never utilized by bliss and I have dropped it from the default install, not that it has any affect whatsoever on anything. DayZ+ does not have a bliss port so we created our own, I imported the object_spawns table from the dayz+ lite package and used it to form the world_vehicle table and forgot to delete it, not something that is earth shattering.

Ok, so you left a table from the Pwnoz0r's package (which DayZ Lite/Plus uses).

Then now go build yourself a DayZ+ instance on your host, spawn the vehicles in the DB, join the game and try to find them. Guess what? There aren't there! Why u ask. Cuz you have 42 vehicles in you're vehicle table which Bliss uses. Still those in the instance_vehicle are shown on the map with no reference to the vehicle/world_vehicle table. All of them are left in your object_spawns table which is useless.

[NEW] Vehicle Spawn Table [63 Vehicle Spawn Points]

Now where are those spawns, hmm? I guess everyone should add them by themselves? Go tell those kids to do that. Hell, even I'm not such a desperate to fill those manually.

To be absolutly clear about this post - I'm not telling you or teaching you how to manage you're hosting. Also I'm not in he position to do so. This also is not an attack on your company.

Edited by cyrq

Did you made any modifcation in the evening? Like applying new filters and such? Coz i've found gotcha enabled again...

We updated the createvehicle filter last night for DayZ+, we attempted to have the script updater make a comparison between the base createvehicle.txt and the one in a user's directory and if there was a difference not to overwrite it - that may not have worked as intended.

I've asked about the constant desync about 10 times via mail or IRC. Everytime I've got a different excuses for it. DB issues, DB location, ARMA code, DDos/Dos, more than 40 players on the server etc. I've played a lot of servers lately just to test if there were such issues. Guess what?! None of them had such problems.

Desync is and always will be due to either database load or localized server load, it has absolutely nothing to do with the database location. An extra 50-60ms added to the already-scarce database queries will not cause desync.

As I previously stated your problem is that you're still trying to build Bliss OTF for every user instance. I'm not the one that should tell you that's horribly wrong, keeping in mind that the combinations are very much limited and it should be no such problem to keep the code static/already compiled (in that case already modified for the sake that your custom build). But's not the case. If you're offering DayZ+ you should offer it fully working!

The code for the heli crashes requires one letter to be changed (not mentioning the second type that needs to be fully added).

We are not maintaining 400 different pbo combinations, frankly that suggestion is inane and uninformed. Not to mention each has to be built with the correct instance ID anyway. And no the code for heli crashes does not require the changing of one letter, you can change one letter in the compiled pbo and the crashes will spawn but like I said they will use the wrong loot table, and the UH60 crashes will not spawn at all (which means DayZ+ is not 'fully working'). Changing 'one letter' in the pre-compiled files will completely break the bliss merger, and until I have more time to figure out why the only solutions are to either remove dayz+ completely or leave heli crashes non-spawning until the issue is resolved, I chose the latter.

Had I known that DayZ+ had different helicopter crashes beforehand I would have made sure this was fixed before it was released, but there is a new map/mod every week and we can only spend so much time testing them, I made sure the zombies worked correctly and the building of structures worked correctly and then I made the release, nowhere in the documentation (if you can even call it that) did it mention that there were different helicopter crashes or I would have checked into it.

http://www.blissrepo.com/ - January 25, 2013 - that's all I've got to say about this...

Obviously you haven't actually used this package, because it does not work, especially not on every map.

Ok, so you left a table from the Pwnoz0r's package (which DayZ Lite/Plus uses).

Then now go build yourself a DayZ+ instance on your host, spawn the vehicles in the DB, join the game and try to find them. Guess what? There aren't there! Why u ask. Cuz you have 42 vehicles in you're vehicle table which Bliss uses. Still those in the in the object_spawns are shown on your online map aka spawned in the DB.

[NEW] Vehicle Spawn Table [63 Vehicle Spawn Points]

Now where are those spawns, hmm? I guess everyone should add them by themselves? Go tell those kids to do that. Hell, even I'm not such a desperate to fill those manually.

Wrong. Our base DayZ+ database uses all of the spawns and vehicles from this SQL: https://github.com/Stapo/DayZ-Private-Server-Lite-Plus/blob/master/DayZUtilities/Resources/Database%20Schema/hivemind.sql - formatted for bliss. There are 42 vehicles and 100 spawns, exactly as they should be. The object_spawns table is not utilized by anything in our system and never has been.

nv9gyor.png

uLhy3Wr.png

To be absolutly clear about this post - I'm not telling you or teaching you how to manage you're hosting. Also I'm not in he position to do so. This also is not an attack on your company.

Considering that it's basically a negative review of how we handle things, which has quite a bit of incorrect information in it I feel it necessary to defend ourselves so people don't get the wrong idea.

I also think it's ludicrous to blame us for bugs in the bliss software, it's like blaming a minecraft host for bugs in bukkit or a CSS host for bugs in srcds. I can tell you that there isn't a single hosting company out there that has working bliss messages by default, nor a fully working DayZ+ by default (with the possible exception of vert, who had support from the developer when making their bliss port - we did not). And we do not even advertise having the messages feature because it is broken. In fact we don't even advertise the buildings feature, even though it works pretty reliably. Criticizing us for something not working when we never said it was is idiotic.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

And no the code for heli crashes does not require the changing of one letter, you can change one letter in the compiled pbo and the crashes will spawn but like I said they will use the wrong loot table, and the UH60 crashes will not spawn at all (which means DayZ+ is not 'fully working')

16:20:00 "READ/WRITE: ["PASS",[2013,2,2,14,20]]"
16:20:00 "HIVE: Local Time set to [2012,7,3,14,20]"
16:20:00 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH60 at [7198.68,8575.28]"
16:20:00 UH60Wreck_DZ: MainTurret - unknown animation source mainTurret
16:20:00 UH60Wreck_DZ: MainGun - unknown animation source mainGun
16:20:00 UH60Wreck_DZ: MachineGun_1 - unknown animation source Gatling_1
16:20:00 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH1Y at [3914.34,6506.37]"
16:20:00 UH1YWreck_DZ: MainTurret - unknown animation source MainTurret
16:20:00 UH1YWreck_DZ: MainGun - unknown animation source mainGun
16:20:00 UH1YWreck_DZ: Gatling - unknown animation source Gatling
16:20:01 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH1Y at [7730.8,9146.21]"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M16A2GL","weapon",[7198.68,8575.28],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["","medical",[7198.68,8575.28],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M16A2","weapon",[7198.68,8575.28],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M16A2GL","weapon",[7198.68,8575.28],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH60 at [11634.6,9276.19]"
16:20:01 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH1Y at [5376.64,10995.1]"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["","military",[11634.6,9276.19],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M240_DZ","weapon",[11634.6,9276.19],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["Skin_Camo1_DZ","magazine",[11634.6,9276.19],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["FN_FAL","weapon",[11634.6,9276.19],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["Skin_Sniper1_DZ","magazine",[11634.6,9276.19],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"
16:20:01 "LOOTSPAWN: ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","magazine",[11634.6,9276.19],5] Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite"

16:21:02 "LOOTSPAWN: ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","magazine",[7730.8,9146.21],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:02 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M4A1","weapon",[3914.34,6506.37],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:02 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M4A3_CCO_EP1","weapon",[5376.64,10995.1],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:03 "LOOTSPAWN: ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","magazine",[7730.8,9146.21],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:03 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M4A1_Aim","weapon",[3914.34,6506.37],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:03 "LOOTSPAWN: ["","military",[5376.64,10995.1],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:04 "LOOTSPAWN: ["","medical",[7730.8,9146.21],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:05 "LOOTSPAWN: ["","military",[3914.34,6506.37],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:06 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M4A1_AIM_SD_camo","weapon",[5376.64,10995.1],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:06 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M4A1_Aim","weapon",[3914.34,6506.37],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:07 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M16A2","weapon",[3914.34,6506.37],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:07 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M16A2GL","weapon",[5376.64,10995.1],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"
16:21:08 "LOOTSPAWN: ["M16A2","weapon",[3914.34,6506.37],5] Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite"

server_functions.sqf

spawn_heliCrash = {
private["_position","_veh","_num","_config","_itemType","_itemChance","_weights","_index","_iArray"];

waitUntil{!isNil "BIS_fnc_selectRandom"};
if (isDedicated) then {
_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,4000,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
diag_log("DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH1Y at " + str(_position));
_veh = createVehicle ["UH1YWreck_DZ",_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
_veh setVariable ["ObjectID",1,true];
dayzFire = [_veh,2,time,false,false];
publicVariable "dayzFire";
if (isServer) then {
nul=dayzFire spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
};
_num = round(random 4) + 3;
_config = configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> "UH1YCrash";
_itemType = [] + getArray (_config >> "itemType");
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _itemType: " + str(_itemType));
_itemChance = [] + getArray (_config >> "itemChance");
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _itemChance: " + str(_itemChance));
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: (isnil fnc_buildWeightedArray): " + str(isnil "fnc_buildWeightedArray"));

waituntil {!isnil "fnc_buildWeightedArray"};

_weights = [];
_weights = [_itemType,_itemChance] call fnc_buildWeightedArray;
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _weights: " + str(_weights));
for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
//create loot
_index = _weights call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
sleep 1;
if (count _itemType > _index) then {
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: " + str(count (_itemType)) + " select " + str(_index));
_iArray = _itemType select _index;
_iArray set [2,_position];
_iArray set [3,5];
_iArray call spawn_loot;
diag_log("LOOTSPAWN: " + str(_iArray) + " Spawned At A UH-1Y CrashSite");
_nearby = _position nearObjects ["WeaponHolder",20];
{
_x setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
} forEach _nearBy;
};
};
};
};
spawn_UH60CrashSite = {
private["_position","_veh","_num","_config","_itemType","_itemChance","_weights","_index","_iArray"];
waitUntil{!isNil "BIS_fnc_selectRandom"};
if (isDedicated) then {
_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,4000,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
diag_log("DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter UH60 at " + str(_position));
_veh = createVehicle ["UH60Wreck_DZ",_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
_veh setVariable ["ObjectID",1,true];
dayzFire = [_veh,2,time,false,false];
publicVariable "dayzFire";
if (isServer) then {
nul=dayzFire spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
};

_num = round(random 4) + 3;
_config = configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> "UH60Crash";
_itemType = [] + getArray (_config >> "itemType");
_itemChance = [] + getArray (_config >> "itemChance");

_weights = [];
_weights = [_itemType,_itemChance] call fnc_buildWeightedArray;
for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
_index = _weights call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
if (count _itemType > _index) then {
_iArray = _itemType select _index;
_iArray set [2,_position];
_iArray set [3,5];
_iArray call spawn_loot;
diag_log("LOOTSPAWN: " + str(_iArray) + " Spawned At A UH60 CrashSite");
_nearby = _position nearObjects ["WeaponHolder",20];
{
_x setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
} forEach _nearBy;
};
};
};
};

Obviously you haven't actually used this package, because it does not work, especially not on every map.

I'm using Chernarus and since that I don;t care about other maps - it should be available. Here we go again (same code that has been implemented/compiled for a long time)

server_monitor.sqf

//Send the key
_key = format["CHILD:999:select payload, loop_interval, start_delay from message where instance_id = ?:[%1]:", dayZ_instance];
_data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;
diag_log("SERVER: Fetching messages...");
//Process result
_result = call compile format ["%1", _data];
_status = _result select 0;
msgList = [];
_msgCount = 0;
if (_status == "CustomStreamStart") then {
_val = _result select 1;
for "_i" from 1 to _val do {
_data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;
_result = call compile format ["%1",_data];
_status = _result select 0;
msgList set [count msgList, _result];
_msgCount = _msgCount + 1;
};
diag_log ("SERVER: Added " + str(_msgCount) + " messages!");
};

+ some additions into server_cleanup.sfm - it's 05:00 in the morning, cant find it right now

Check the vehicle spawns (IN GAME) as I told you and and you're gonna get the picture.

I'm tired and this isn't going anywhere so EOT. Good luck, still I hope that when the standalone is released, maybe we're gonna make a deal.

Since then im off.

Okay we are moving all of the San Jose servers to a new datacenter in Los Angeles on FEBRUARY 15

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE WAS AN ISSUE WITH OUR SUBNET BEING GIVEN AWAY, THE IP'S BELOW HAVE CHANGED

Here are the new IP's that the servers will be moving to:

SAN JOSE 01 - OLD: 50.23.115.101 - NEW: 192.31.185.200

SAN JOSE 02 - OLD: 50.23.65.14 - NEW: 192.31.185.201

SAN JOSE 03 - OLD: 50.23.115.85 - NEW: 192.31.185.205

SAN JOSE 04 - OLD: 50.23.113.232 - NEW: 192.31.185.203

SAN JOSE 05 - OLD: 50.23.113.238 - NEW: 192.31.185.204 - SAN JOSE 05 WILL NOT BE MOVED UNTIL LATER

MOST SERVERS HAVE NOW BEEN MOVED, SAN JOSE 05 WILL BE MOVED EITHER TOMORROW OR MONDAY

We are starting a presence at Black Lotus in Los Angeles because of their stellar DDoS protection capabilities, and encourage any servers that are affected by the random DDoS attacks to move their servers there when they become available.

Edited by ersan191

Ersan

you have any more information about the problem of spawning Helicrash

and clothes that disappear after the player disconnects from the game in the dayz +

We expect to have it working by the end of the day, would have it sooner but real life commitments slowing us down.

We expect to have it working by the end of the day, would have it sooner but real life commitments slowing us down.

No worries! Thanks for the hard work!

Question though, will the mission file supplied in the 1.7.5.1 post be put directly into the servers for us?

No worries! Thanks for the hard work!

Question though, will the mission file supplied in the 1.7.5.1 post be put directly into the servers for us?

I think so? I don't really understand the question. Mission file updates are part of map updates, if we didn't update the mission the map wouldn't work.

I guess my question didn't really make sense in hindsight. There is a provided mission file (Never had a server before >ST), which I assume comes with most of the major updates. Ours is a custom one, so we would have to recompile all our original things (Providing they work with 1.7.5.1). Since I know you guys don't do any support if we use custom files, I won't ask for help, or even clarification here.

Thanks for the replies!

Is the newer Arma 2 build going to be applied as well?

Is the newer Arma 2 build going to be applied as well?

I think it would be as it is required for the patch, no?

From what I understand the updates to the ArmA build are automatically updated based upon the stability of the build, and its corresponding features to the server. I could be wrong, but I think I read this somewhere either in this thread, or on their twitter.

Edited by -Daemon-

I think it would be as it is required for the patch, no?

From what I understand the updates to the ArmA build are automatically updated based upon the stability of the build, and its corresponding features to the server. I could be wrong, but I think I read this somewhere either in this thread, or on their twitter.

NM, I saw it that installing 1.7.5.1 requires the latest Arama build.

Will the server have to be restarted for the patch to start working? And as a follow up, will/would that happen automatically or do I have to restart it manually?