ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

I've been waiting like 3 weeks now to have 3 .bikey files added to my server

"Waiting" doesn't exists in my vocabulary.. I'm the customer you DON'T WANT TO HAVE *IF* your business isn't 100% perfect.

Edited by WalkerDown

If your customers are increasing, you should hire new stuff.

Thanks, that's very revelatory.

"Waiting" doesn't exists in my vocabulary.. I'm the customer you DON'T WANT TO HAVE *IF* your business isn't 100% perfect.

I wasn't aware there was one that is.

I've been waiting like 3 weeks now to have 3 .bikey files added to my server

Adding bikey's to "your" server means that anyone on the same machine gets them added too because of how arma2's directory structure is - we either already told you no or haven't decided to allow it yet.

Edited by ersan191

Thanks, that's very revelatory.

You should quote the whole phrase: you should hire new stuff.. *AND* if you're unable to find new stuff, you should STOP to increase your business or you won't cope with the additional work.

New stuff must be hired BEFORE .. not after you're going to face troubles.

Is it revelatory? Nope.. it's very logic.. you don't need to be a business man to understand a such simple rule.

Ops i forgot to say.. my server is still spammed by the gotcha stuff.

The fun part is that you still have time to reply to me here on a forum, but you're unable to read an email and edit a text file to disable it.. i'm going to email you just in case (so you can't say you ignored the email by mistake.. it's the 4th :) ).

Email sent at 21:23 CET.

Edited by WalkerDown

I'm actually going through the flagged e-mails right now, but thanks for being patronizing. Makes my job that much more enjoyable.

Edited by ersan191

Ops i forgot to say.. my server is still spammed by the gotcha stuff.

The fun part is that you still have time to reply to me here on a forum, but you're unable to read an email and edit a text file to disable it.. i'm going to email you just in case (so you can't say you ignored the email by mistake.. it's the 4th :) ).

Email sent at 21:23 CET.

I don't get people that are so unhappy with something but refuse to go elsewhere.

I'm happy with my service from .ST.

Maybe it's just because most of the other hosting services offer worse service that you haven't left yet?

Speak with your wallet and cancel if you're that unhappy?

I don't get people that are so unhappy with something but refuse to go elsewhere.

I am "elsewhere" as well, didn't found something better than DayZ.st. I do not pretend you would have read any other message coming from me, but i've praised DayZ.st many time in this same thread. I'm not a fanboy tho, and i'm honest: when something works i say good things, when something doesn't work (or doesn't work good enough to be acceptable) i say it as well.

DayZ.st isn't good and the others are bad, DayZ.st is the "less bad" of them: it looks like that providing a gaming server is something that you can do in your spare time coz the "admins" are just a bunch of moaning kids. It's not, you're running a business and you MUST run your business professionally, receiving support after 48 hours is NOT acceptable, this is internet, two days is an eternity.

I'm happy with my service from .ST.

Most of the times i am.. some time i'm not.

Maybe it's just because most of the other hosting services offer worse service that you haven't left yet?

Speak with your wallet and cancel if you're that unhappy?

It's the only obvious conclusion.. im checking how the things are going by the end of next billing cycle, but yes.. it looks like im going to "cancel", coz it's far from my standard (i'm not talking about DayZ.st only.. but about anyone, since they are even worse..).

PS: in the meantime my problem has been solved... "moaning" on the forum has some value.. but i would like to send a support email and being replied within hourse (working time), without being "forced" to flood a forum with my support requests.

Edited by WalkerDown

At times, all players are getting this cfg.bin.markers000000000000.... pop up window upon joining the server. When this happens, vehicles cannot be repaired. A simple restart clears the issue, but it can be a problem especially when you have alot of players on the server. I believe it's because scripters are injecting some garbage. I've never had these errors before, but the amount of players hacking increased substantially this past week.

The map tool, live feed, and loadout editor and invaluable, but I wish we could do more.

I have a couple of players that wish to play as a female character, but do not get the option to do so. I've deleted them out of the database and they're still not able to select a gender. Any ideas?

Edited by R.J.

also got players who would like to female characters.

dayz are currently playing in 2017 and noticed that there are some gameplays different characters, with helmets and other items of head

on my server and that these items do not appear.

Dayz.st some admin could give your opinion about it?

Excuse the bad English, I am Brazilian and not mastered the language.

thank you

• Like 1

Bliss does not support gender selection since a few versions ago, it was removed for some reason. I really wouldn't know how to go about adding it back, or if it would break everything.

Theoretically there should be some way to add it back by modifying your server pbo, but I haven't the slightest idea how.

Edited by ersan191

DayZ.st isn't good and the others are bad, DayZ.st is the "less bad" of them: it looks like that providing a gaming server is something that you can do in your spare time coz the "admins" are just a bunch of moaning kids. It's not, you're running a business and you MUST run your business professionally, receiving support after 48 hours is NOT acceptable, this is internet, two days is an eternity.

M8 i thin you need to go out and start your own hosting business or your own business lol then then i thing you can have a say. Dayz.st Are the best and the only true hosters out there. 24 -48 hurs to get back to you there is nothing wrong with that at all seeing when most of the emails thy get are from dumb fuck asking shit where all thy needed to do was use google. I was with the one place and out of the blue my server stopped working i emailed them and didnt here anything back from them for over 3 weeks. So yes dayz.st are fucking good at what thy do. so next time you try and talk shit think to your self do i want to w8 2 dayz or 3 weeks. and also be for emailing them try use google, opendayz, dayzmod.com. You should only have to email them about a payment or if you server has stopped working not an email like how do i edit my .pbo file like so meany of yous have been.

Once agen dayz.st keep up the good work

No one wants to answer me on IRC, so I'm posting here... any idea when new server will be available? I want to rent a server but they are all sold out.

• Like 1

Bliss does not support gender selection since a few versions ago, it was removed for some reason. I really wouldn't know how to go about adding it back, or if it would break everything.

Theoretically there should be some way to add it back by modifying your server pbo, but I haven't the slightest idea how.

Support for genders was added back into Taviana, so it could probably be added back in by the map developers (except for maybe Chernarus).

No one wants to answer me on IRC, so I'm posting here... any idea when new server will be available? I want to rent a server but they are all sold out.

Well looky who it is. Sniperkitten here Grosskopf. If you need any help after they get your server running shoot me an e-mail. Or if you want you can bring [FLOT] over to mine for the time being. My datacenter is run out of DC.

Edited by dracomaster

We posted on twitter/news feed twice, but we now have servers in Amsterdam, San Jose, Dallas, and Singapore will be up in about 15 minutes if it isn't by the time you read this.

Washington DC will likely be here tomorrow and London is anyone's guess, possibly tomorrow as well. We don't have any orders in progress for Seattle or Salt Lake at the moment, so don't wait up for those.

I just ordered my server in Dallas. If I want it moved at a later date, is that possible?

At times, all players are getting this cfg.bin.markers000000000000.... pop up window upon joining the server. When this happens, vehicles cannot be repaired. A simple restart clears the issue, but it can be a problem especially when you have alot of players on the server. I believe it's because scripters are injecting some garbage. I've never had these errors before, but the amount of players hacking increased substantially this past week.

The map tool, live feed, and loadout editor and invaluable, but I wish we could do more.

I have a couple of players that wish to play as a female character, but do not get the option to do so. I've deleted them out of the database and they're still not able to select a gender. Any ideas?

When the popup appears, you can be sure that a hacker is on your server. Or, there was the passage of a hacker. And as long as the server does not restart, every person who wants to join the server get this popup.

For the female characters, trying to change it directly:

SurvivorW2_DZ

or

BanditW1_DZ

The problem is that once dead you must do it again.

I just ordered my server in Dallas. If I want it moved at a later date, is that possible?

Yes, although when you move from one data center to another, you will change the IP address and port of your server. Depending on how many regular players you have at that point...and how they usually find your server to join a game...this could be an issue. Your choice.

Yep you can switch Datacenters on the fly in the Control Panel.

Edited by dracomaster

Yes, although when you move from one data center to another, you will change the IP address and port of your server. Depending on how many regular players you have at that point...and how they usually find your server to join a game...this could be an issue. Your choice.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Just waiting for it to be installed. :)

*edit* "Instant automated setup (seriously instant)" ? How long is "Instant" because I haven't gotten an email with information on my server yet.

Edited by GrossKopf

what if i don't want 50 slots, man..

Then send us an e-mail and we can reduce it, the price is the same though.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Just waiting for it to be installed. :)

*edit* "Instant automated setup (seriously instant)" ? How long is "Instant" because I haven't gotten an email with information on my server yet.

We do not send confirmation emails, if you had followed the Paypal signup process it would have signed you in at http://dayz.st/control - where you can most likely sign in now.

Edited by ersan191

M8 i thin you need to go out and start your own hosting business or your own business lol then then i thing you can have a say.

I run my own business, and if i ignore my customers for more than few hour (or even days) i'll face consequences that are more serious than someone "moaning" on a forum. I'll lose customers and money, they'll fuck me off immediately. But i'm a customer here: anyone have his own role and job.

Dayz.st Are the best and the only true hosters out there.

When everyone is below any acceptable standard, it's pretty easy to be the "best"... but this doesn't make you "good".

24 -48 hurs to get back

24 hours is already outside of what i call "good".. anyway i can accept and understand it, 48 hours is not acceptable.. more than 48 hours is simply very very bad.. hence why i'm posting here.

Again: you cannot hide behind other (bad) hosters, you should run your business good like the others doesn't exists at all.

We do not send confirmation emails, if you had followed the Paypal signup process it would have signed you in at http://dayz.st/control - where you can most likely sign in now.

This was resolved in IRC. It turns out I had to sign in with the password "password" instead of the one I selected in the sign up process, so even if I had "followed the Paypal signup process", it wouldn't have helped. An automated email with instructions after the payment was received would be a good idea. My server was up and running for over an hour before I knew about it.