ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Our server was hacked and I went to roll it back to an old backup and now the start, stop, and restart buttons are grayed out, any idea why?

Had the grayed out problem. Hopped on IRC(check the dayz.st website) and asked the available admin in there about it. He fixed it up right quick.

So i have been forced to change my IP to solve the "port bug".. apart that i lost half of my userbase and my server precipitate to underground.. i've found the "gotcha spam" enabled again.. not a major issue, i've asked to disable it again. Now the worst part: apparently the fucking banlist got reset again! I have ppl that i banned long time ago (i do i know? .. i save each damn ban manually in a txt file until dayz.st provides a way to import/export them).. now i've these idiots returning to my server again.

1) Why my ban list got reset?

2) How i may solve the probem? How i can have my own banlist reimported back?

3) How far is this FTP access?

Thank you.

Hey. Everytime i restart server my server name goes back to default. Is there something wrong with my server name '' DayZNamalsk(0.73/100296) Veteran CH:ON | 24/7 Daylight | +250 Vehicles | Custom starting gear''?

MAY YOU DISABLE THE FUCKING GOTCHA FLOODING MY RCON AS I REQUESTED BY HOURS ALREADY TO THE SUPPORT PLEASE? SINCE IT MAKES ME IMPOSSIBLE TO ADMIN MY SERVER PROPERLY.

THANK YOU.

Edited by Inception.
No need for the big text.

Is it possible to whitelist our DayZ.ST servers? We're getting TONS of script kiddies every day, at least 15 or so. It's getting so bad that I have to stop my play sessions in the evenings just to keep the server running without some kid killing everyone, putting up swastikas, or locking the screen with 'gooby pls' or something just as stupid.

RCON clients and the map tool can only go so far; is there anything I can do?

Is it possible to whitelist our DayZ.ST servers? We're getting TONS of script kiddies every day, at least 15 or so. It's getting so bad that I have to stop my play sessions in the evenings just to keep the server running without some kid killing everyone, putting up swastikas, or locking the screen with 'gooby pls' or something just as stupid.

RCON clients and the map tool can only go so far; is there anything I can do?

You can use Gotcha to whitelist players, i have just gone down this path because of the influx of scripters.

Edited by Bassline

Get ya self a hacker then thy can find the guy and then you can ban them. This is the only way i have found that works.

You can use Gotcha to whitelist players, i have just gone down this path because of the influx of scripters.

How exactly does that work? I am not familiar with Gotcha at all, but I would like to try it. Does it require players to register somewhere, like an external website? Forgive my ignorance.

How exactly does that work? I am not familiar with Gotcha at all, but I would like to try it. Does it require players to register somewhere, like an external website? Forgive my ignorance.

It's just an anti hack tool which actually isn't a very good one but it is good for sending timed messages and whitelisting the server, you can do this by adding players GUID in it's settings we just ask players to join our website and to provide us with there GUID's to add to the whitelist. One thing though Gotcha must be running 24/7 for the whitelist to stay in effect so be prepared to leave a PC or laptop on all the time.

You can find more info about Gotcha here

http://gotcha-antihack.com/index.php

Thanks for the information. We'll be adding a whitelist soon via Gotcha. Our server has been targeted numerous times today alone; I think our ban tally is at around 20 or so people.

Could DayZ.ST maybe give us some whitelister tool built in? I can see it bringing in a HUGE amount of revenue if we can ensure the security of our servers.

Thanks for the information. We'll be adding a whitelist soon via Gotcha. Our server has been targeted numerous times today alone; I think our ban tally is at around 20 or so people.

Could DayZ.ST maybe give us some whitelister tool built in? I can see it bringing in a HUGE amount of revenue if we can ensure the security of our servers.

We've had some plans to do this for awhile but we have to write our own whitelist software because none of the ones out there are good or reliable enough. Another issue is that hackers can bypass BattlEye making them invisible to the whitelister, we would have to add logic to compare Gamespy with the BattlEye player lists and kick people that don't show up (which you can't do over battleye because they are invisible). And it has to be 100% reliable without crashing ever - so it's a fairly complex program to write. We have a few things we want to do before it (DayZ+, Thirsk, Isladuala, FTP access) but it's fairly high up on the priority list.

Edited by ersan191

I'm still waiting the gotcha thing to be disabled again.. i've emailed 2 days ago... i'm not sure why you're replying here but not the emails. Please, i'm already a way pissed off coz you forced me to change the IP address and i've lost ALL the fucking users, my server went from full (50 users) to 2 users in only 24 hours.. and i'm paying for nothing. So tell me if you are unable to provide the 24H support anymore, coz i'm not used to manage with ppl that runs a business this way. Thank you.

You are players have prob moved on to other games as dayz is Dead. as for them getting back to you about help most of yous ask the most dumbest shit where google could tell you what you need to know. dayz.st must be the biggest hoster of dayz servers by now so that means more and more people will be emaling with probs so that means support will take longer. DayZ.st is doing there best and by far thy are the best out there. Keep up the good work dayz.st and keep the new maps coming.

173.193.202.109 D.C. is down and control panel greyed out.

Nm, appears to have come back online.

From time to time, players are unable to join due to Create Vehicle restriction #1. Also, is there a way to fix the server messages through the DB?

Edited by R.J.

I'm still waiting the gotcha thing to be disabled again.. i've emailed 2 days ago... i'm not sure why you're replying here but not the emails. Please, i'm already a way pissed off coz you forced me to change the IP address and i've lost ALL the fucking users, my server went from full (50 users) to 2 users in only 24 hours.. and i'm paying for nothing. So tell me if you are unable to provide the 24H support anymore, coz i'm not used to manage with ppl that runs a business this way. Thank you.

I don't personally answer the e-mails unless it gets past the first two lines of support (as in they can't figure out how to answer the question). As far as I know the inbox is being kept up with quite well, your e-mails may have been marked as spam. WE didn't force anyone to change IP addresses, BI did when they introduced a moronic bug into ArmA2 code for no reason. I'll inform the support reps to check the spam box and see if there are any e-mails asking about gotcha logging. Informing your players ahead of time that you would be moving your IP/port is probably a better way to go than just doing it and expecting them to find the server again.

You are players have prob moved on to other games as dayz is Dead. as for them getting back to you about help most of yous ask the most dumbest shit where google could tell you what you need to know. dayz.st must be the biggest hoster of dayz servers by now so that means more and more people will be emaling with probs so that means support will take longer. DayZ.st is doing there best and by far thy are the best out there. Keep up the good work dayz.st and keep the new maps coming.

Indeed, we now have 4 times as many dayz servers as the next largest host but we have been doing pretty well at keeping up with the support requests.

173.193.202.109 D.C. is down and control panel greyed out.

Nm, appears to have come back online.

From time to time, players are unable to join due to Create Vehicle restriction #1. Also, is there a way to fix the server messages through the DB?

See this post about createvehicle restriction #1. And no I don't believe bliss addons are being maintained anymore so it is unlikely that they will ever be fixed.

Edited by ersan191

I'm still waiting the gotcha thing to be disabled again.. i've emailed 2 days ago... i'

Same thing in my case. Since my other question (about auto vehicle spawn not working) was never answered, I really hope this simple task won't be to much.

If those guys who are responsible for replaying to all the tickets are being paid real money than I think you should reconsider your staff.

Ersan - I am more than a little pissed off at the moment.

That bug affected ARMA ports resulting in "invalid password" that our server suffered for weeks because you never emailed customers to tell them about it is still affecting our server even after we have moved data centre to "fix" it.

I have lost all faith in your email support after my last few questions to you guys have gone completely unanswered so I will post my grievances here in the hope I either receive a response or others can see the quality of dayz.st support is definitely in a sharp decline.

I hope you understand how negatively a bug like this can affect a server, especially as it only seems to affect certain user IPs repeatedly whilst others remain totally unaware.Moving IP and Port was already a big deal for us and meant preparation and contacting all our users by email I can't begin to tell you how annoyed I am to see the bug still exists.

I will pm you my servers full details, I would like to see this bug completely resolved ASAP I don't want to have to move to dedicated hosting. I have suffered from reduced logins to my server ever since the ARMA patch that introduced it. You didn't publicly (other than on these forums) inform your users of it or the steps to fix it, this is a great concern when it is obviously a bug which can seriously affect server population.

Edited by seaweed

Ersan - I am more than a little pissed off at the moment.

That bug affected ARMA ports resulting in "invalid password" that our server suffered for weeks because you never emailed customers to tell them about it is still affecting our server even after we have moved data centre to "fix" it.

I have lost all faith in your email support after my last few questions to you guys have gone completely unanswered so I will post my grievances here in the hope I either receive a response or others can see the quality of dayz.st support is definitely in a sharp decline.

I hope you understand how negatively a bug like this can affect a server, especially as it only seems to affect certain user IPs repeatedly whilst others remain totally unaware.

I will pm you my servers full details, I would like to see this bug completely resolved ASAP I don't want to have to move to dedicated hosting. I have suffered from reduced logins to my server ever since the ARMA patch that introduced it. You didn't publicly (other than on these forums) inform your users of it or the steps to fix it, this is a great concern when it is obviously a bug which can seriously affect server population.

Omg this explains so much a while back a couple of friends were unable to find my server I wasn't able to find out why but a week later they were able to find jt I remember now that I changed data center in that week.

We've had some plans to do this for awhile but we have to write our own whitelist software because none of the ones out there are good or reliable enough. Another issue is that hackers can bypass BattlEye making them invisible to the whitelister, we would have to add logic to compare Gamespy with the BattlEye player lists and kick people that don't show up (which you can't do over battleye because they are invisible). And it has to be 100% reliable without crashing ever - so it's a fairly complex program to write. We have a few things we want to do before it (DayZ+, Thirsk, Isladuala, FTP access) but it's fairly high up on the priority list.

Full source code for domnistyles whitelister app is available, I modified it in an afternoon to work on combination with my forums user database. I've never had it crash or fail to connect. Yes the battleeye bypass problem would still be there but I've never had issue with that yet.

Omg this explains so much a while back a couple of friends were unable to find my server I wasn't able to find out why but a week later they were able to find jt I remember now that I changed data center in that week.

Shame changing data centre still seems to leave some users affected with the same problem for me :(

I really don't want to have to change AGAIN when I was informed originally the first switch would solve it, especially after all the preparation that went into making the switch originally.

Shame changing data centre still seems to leave some users affected with the same problem for me :(

I really don't want to have to change AGAIN when I was informed originally the first switch would solve it, especially after all the preparation that went into making the switch originally.

No other customers have complained about passwords working intermittently, the tech support rep told you to try switching ports because the only conceivable reason that could occur (aside from PEBKAC) is if you were being redirected to another server with a different password (which is still quite uncommon). My only advice would be to try simplifying your password and only use alphanumerics and to tell whoever's connecting to double check that the password is correct when they are typing it in.

We do not store customers' e-mails for privacy reasons so we do not send e-mails to anyone, ever - it is customers' responsibility to follow our twitter or news feed to receive updates, and we posted the port redirection solution on twitter and on these forums several times.

Edited by ersan191

No other customers have complained about passwords working intermittently, the tech support rep told you to try switching ports because the only conceivable reason that could occur (aside from PEBKAC) is if you were being redirected to another server with a different password (which is still quite uncommon). My only advice would be to try simplifying your password and only use alphanumerics and to tell whoever's connecting to double check that the password is correct when they are typing it in.

We do not store customers' e-mails for privacy reasons so we do not send e-mails to anyone, ever - it is customers' responsibility to follow our twitter or news feed to receive updates, and we posted the port redirection solution on twitter and on these forums several times.

We don't have a password on the server AT ALL the issue is some people will be told it does have one, others wont ever see the problem but those that do see it repeatedly.

This isn't noobs with badly updated games etc either one of my friends got a copy of the game installed today. I was round his house helping him get it all installed and we were completely unable to join the server. Eventually I got him in using the dayz server browser rather than DayZ commander but it still didn't go in first time. Forum PM's from other members have shown me this is not an isolated issue at all. This is all since we switched to a new IP and port as advised by tech support to originally fix the issue.

I wonder how many other servers are still suffering the same thing because their owners are unaware of the issue? Certainly I got less PM's since we got a new port from 2402, but they still continue to come in regularly. Seems to me like you should have assigned new IP's and ports as soon as you found out about the bug, I know that is a support nightmare but we suffered for it for weeks before I was even aware of it because of how you chose to handle it. Now we should have a "fix" and it still doesn't work.

Edited by seaweed

Hello, i've sent an email to disable gotcha flooding stuff on: 18/01/2013 @02:04 CET.

I've sent another email today 20/01/2013 @ 17:21 CET.

I've sent another email today 20/01/2013 @ 20:06 CET.

Nothing have happened so far.

Time spent from the first request: 2 days and 18 hours ...to edit a text file.

I've also spent time on the IRC channel and there were multiple users asking for support but no admins online.

This company started good (acceptable at least), but it's getting worse day by day. If your customers are increasing, you should hire new stuff. If you don't find new stuff you should stop to acquire new customers if you don't have the infrastructure to cope with them.

I will continue to send email and to post this message every 4 hours until i get it fixed.

Thank you.

Hello, i've sent an email to disable gotcha flooding stuff on: 18/01/2013 @02:04 CET.

I've sent another email today 20/01/2013 @ 17:21 CET.

I've sent another email today 20/01/2013 @ 20:06 CET.

Nothing have happened so far.

Time spent from the first request: 2 days and 18 hours ...to edit a text file.

I've also spent time on the IRC channel and there were multiple users asking for support but no admins online.

This company started good (acceptable at least), but it's getting worse day by day. If your customers are increasing, you should hire new stuff. If you don't find new stuff you should stop to acquire new customers if you don't have the infrastructure to cope with them.

I will continue to send email and to post this message every 4 hours until i get it fixed.

Thank you.

I've been waiting like 3 weeks now to have 3 .bikey files added to my server