ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

I just banned ANOTHER group of three. Five minutes later we get DDoS'd. I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to this. I have banned the same group of three (All spawning in around an ammo crate) three-four times now.

Today it's possible, we just got one in Washington DC and nowhere else, but it is resolved now and the node is now behind DDoS protection.

The new 2017 update 1.1 is out.

Any chance we'll be seeing 2017 soon?

Been asking for it for about a month now :(

We're definitely going to be working on it today if we stop getting DDoS'ed.

Edited by ersan191

Hello, no news on the FTP access? I'm wasting too much of my time with this ban list honestly.. and i don't think i would like to continue with this, if there's no FTP access at the horizon or you won't provide any other solution to import/export files i think to not have the right amount of time to follow all this shit.. it is a hobby honestly.. i cannot waste half of my life into this. I just need an EAT (like: another week.. or two..).

Another think: i want to remove the "dayz.st" string on my server name, how i can do this?

It doesn't mean you're a bad hosting (honestly it's the best i've found so far..), but i'm used to work with professional ppl and used to receive support within 15 minutes (yes im one of those..), i do not pretend that such thing paying $30/mo of course, but again i cannot waste my time waiting .. especially when i'm not having any return of this (in fact it's the opposite: i'm providing a server for other to play on).

Thank you.

Hello, no news on the FTP access? I'm wasting too much of my time with this ban list honestly.. and i don't think i would like to continue with this, if there's no FTP access at the horizon or you won't provide any other solution to import/export files i think to not have the right amount of time to follow all this shit.. it is a hobby honestly.. i cannot waste half of my life into this. I just need an EAT (like: another week.. or two..).

Another think: i want to remove the "dayz.st" string on my server name, how i can do this?

It doesn't mean you're a bad hosting (honestly it's the best i've found so far..), but i'm used to work with professional ppl and used to receive support within 15 minutes (yes im one of those..), i do not pretend that such thing paying $30/mo of course, but again i cannot waste my time waiting .. especially when i'm not having any return of this (in fact it's the opposite: i'm providing a server for other to play on).

Thank you.

They've been getting DDoSed all weekend, I suspect managing that situation is pretty time consuming for them at the moment.

They've been getting DDoSed all weekend, I suspect managing that situation is pretty time consuming for them at the moment.

Correct, we're having quite a few problems at the moment due to the rapid growth (we have over 1700 customers now) if I'm honest.

1. We are going to have to yet again expand our database infrastructure to cope with the load, we are going to have two database points of presence, one in WDC and one in Amsterdam, which should help anyone on AMS/London/Singapore that is seeing any kind of desync regularly.

2. We are setting up a new 10gbit CDN origin node for dayzcommander because the current one (1gbit) cannot handle all of the traffic bursts when a new map is released - which josh is doing DayZ2017 right now. Josh told me today that DayZ has more active players today than it has ever had since it began and is in a rapid state of growth.

3. We also have 8 new servers coming in tomorrow to setup so we don't sell out again. And (pre-emptively) the 'well then stop selling new servers' argument is invalid because when we're sold out we constantly get emails asking when we will have more in stock, causing a bigger support backlog.

4. We are trying to hire new people to handle the massive influx of support requests, but good, competent, trustworthy people are extremely difficult to find.

5. I am personally going to talk to Prolexic tomorrow about purchasing blanket DDoS mitigation for our entire network (which will easily cut our profits in half, but I'm hoping it will be worth it, as basically the entire day yesterday was spent trying to fight ddos attacks). If it really is out of our price range then we have some ideas that will also take time to implement to reduce the number of affected servers when there is an attack. This is especially important in preparing for standalone hosting because I'm sure attacks will only increase. I've personally never had to deal with running a company that is such a magnet for DDoS attacks, and we never got them when we were first starting out, so I'm doing my best to hire people that are more knowledgeable about the subject (Prolexic) as soon as I can.

6. The current temporary DDoS mitigation solution we had to have setup is too aggressive and is causing some problems with the website communicating with the game servers, which needs to be fixed immediately.

7. The server manager software I wrote (that the website control panel talks to when you access your server) has become a little bit flakey and I need to debug some of the problems with it.

8. There are 4 maps out (DayZ2017, DayZ+, Thirsk, and Isla Duala) that we want to get supported before we work on new CP features.

Once all of these problems are sorted out I seriously hope I'll be able to get back to coming out with new features every 3 or 4 days like I did when the company started, until then we are mostly at a feature freeze. It sucks that you can't download/upload your bans.txt for sure, but if you are really serious about it then I'm sure you can find a coder who will write something using RCon to import/export your banlist to text files - the tools are available to you.

We've come a very very long way since we started and I am trying my best to expand to suit our popularity, but this started as a hobby and it hasn't been very easy turning it into such a large company. We are doing our best, trust me, and once we resolve the above problems I have faith that things will return to normal.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 3

The database seems really slow to access and lagged on the map tool. Also, some players are complaining there is a delay picking up loot or they are unable to pick it up at all.

It wouldn't shock me if the culprit worked for a company that's name rhymed with "UrvivalErvers"... Or any of the other competing companies out there that people leave for ST in droves.

It's ridiculous that you would point this at us. I don't even think SurvivalServers is capable of pulling off a DDOS attack due to our smaller size and the fact that I have Zero knowledge on how one would even begin these attacks.

Tons of server hosts have been attacked recently, including us and Vilayer and I'm sure other hosts as well.

Just because you had a negative experience with us, it does not make us criminals.

We're happy for DayZ.st and we are also growing substantially with the new rush of gamers playing dayz.

We have no issue with you DayZ.St and I respect Ersan's ability to manage a growing company.

I sincerely believe that there is room for tons of GSP's to host DayZ, just like every other game.

-Chad (Survival Servers Co-founder)

Edited by SurvivalServers
  • Like 1

Just because you had a negative experience with us, it does not make us criminals.

-Chad (Survival Servers Co-founder)

Sorry but you guys are a bunch of criminals.

You steal money for a service you don't provide.

I have never dealt with a company as bad as yours, you lie and steal.

Guys, I'm having an issue in my DayZ.st server, a lot of people is getting kicked for #1 Create vehicle restriction... can you help me please?

Blah blah

Shut up, how do you even dare to enter this topic, go back to yours and keep stealing money.

Guys, I'm having an issue in my DayZ.st server, a lot of people is getting kicked for #1 Create vehicle restriction... can you help me please?

Sometimes this is caused by BattlEye not starting up properly, sometimes it's caused by a hacker injecting a script on the server that runs on everyone's arma2 when they join which will get them kicked by BattlEye, either way it can generally be fixed with a server restart.

Edited by ersan191

Been using ST for a week now, effectively capping 50 for the last 3 days. Slight performance drops, but not enough to effect in-game play. The price and server utilities are currently the best out. Major vouch and thanks for the service.

My DayZ.st server below: (Currently 8 days in from purchase).

b_560_95_1.png

Many ppl are reporting that when trying to connect to my server via DayZCommander, even adding the IP:PORT many times they ends to another server. What's going on?

Hey Ersan,

I've sent you two e-mails so far requesting help with my server. I'm going on 48 hours without a reply. I understand you guys are under a heavy load at the moment, but this is getting silly.

The ip is: 198.105.218.156. Loot spawning is horribly slow and there have been serious lag spikes on and off with only a few players on the server.

I've sent this to you in the form of an e-mail, private message, and now forum post with the hope that you'll actually answer. Please don't turn into SurvivalServers.

Edited by GreatBigJerk

Many ppl are reporting that when trying to connect to my server via DayZCommander, even adding the IP:PORT many times they ends to another server. What's going on?

This is very old news and has been addressed quite a few times - one of the ArmA beta's (somewhere around 9981x) introduced a bug where when connecting to a server it will attempt to connect to that ip/port + 12, 24, 36, 48, etc. ports ahead of it. We adjusted the port structure since then so that any new servers would be on a port that does not conflict with this bug. So to fix it you have to change your port - to do this you must change to a different datacenter location and back to the old one. This will change your port and probably your IP address, so anyone who connects to your server via favorites will have to update the favorite entry.

Hey Ersan,

I've sent you two e-mails so far requesting help with my server. I'm going on 48 hours without a reply. I understand you guys are under a heavy load at the moment, but this is getting silly.

The ip is: 198.105.218.156. Loot spawning is horribly slow and there have been serious lag spikes on and off with only a few players on the server.

I've sent this to you in the form of an e-mail, private message, and now forum post with the hope that you'll actually answer. Please don't turn into SurvivalServers.

I asked my support team if they noticed any e-mails asking about lag or slow loot spawns but they said they didn't think so - they answer hundreds of e-mails a day so it's possible that they just don't remember. The node you are on (salt lake 02) has extremely low load so there should be no problems whatsoever with loot spawning (which is handled by the client most of the time, not the server, so we have no control over that anyway). I've run line tests between Salt Lake and the datacenter and everything looks OK and no other customers on that node (or any other salt lake node) has complained about any similar problems. If you are below 30 or so players when it lags the only thing I can attribute it to would be hackers or too much logging from RCon, which we can disable if you send us an e-mail (but gotcha antihack will not work, if you use that)

See http://ersan.us/src/munin/dayz.st/slc02.dayz.st/processor-day.png for CPU load

I asked my support team if they noticed any e-mails asking about lag or slow loot spawns but they said they didn't think so - they answer hundreds of e-mails a day so it's possible that they just don't remember. The node you are on (salt lake 02) has extremely low load so there should be no problems whatsoever with loot spawning (which is handled by the client most of the time, not the server, so we have no control over that anyway). I've run line tests between Salt Lake and the datacenter and everything looks OK and no other customers on that node (or any other salt lake node) has complained about any similar problems. If you are below 30 or so players when it lags the only thing I can attribute it to would be hackers or too much logging from RCon, which we can disable if you send us an e-mail (but gotcha antihack will not work, if you use that)

See http://ersan.us/src/munin/dayz.st/slc02.dayz.st/processor-day.png for CPU load

I finally got replies last night, they suggested that I lower the interval between restarts to 6 hours. I've done that, but I'm not sure that it'll do anything since I've played after server restarts with no noticeable changes.

This is very old news and has been addressed quite a few times - one of the ArmA beta's (somewhere around 9981x) introduced a bug where when connecting to a server it will attempt to connect to that ip/port + 12, 24, 36, 48, etc. ports ahead of it. We adjusted the port structure since then so that any new servers would be on a port that does not conflict with this bug. So to fix it you have to change your port - to do this you must change to a different datacenter location and back to the old one. This will change your port and probably your IP address, so anyone who connects to your server via favorites will have to update the favorite entry.

I know, and if im not wrong i did already in the past... and it looks like the "bug" happens only when your server is offline, not when it's running. Also there's no way i'm changing the IP now, i've tool based on it, the tracker and all other shit, i don't have time to change all them. Any other solution pls? Can't i change only the port remaining on the same IP/server? Thanks.

I know, and if im not wrong i did already in the past... and it looks like the "bug" happens only when your server is offline, not when it's running. Also there's no way i'm changing the IP now, i've tool based on it, the tracker and all other shit, i don't have time to change all them. Any other solution pls? Can't i change only the port remaining on the same IP/server? Thanks.

There is no other solution. If your port is under 3000 it was never changed.

Hey, i'm tryin gto use Gotcha, and I can't restart the server, spawn vehicles, check inventories or set of Messages, nothing works, i dunno what the problem is, and i would ike to know, also, if tere is a way to add heli crashes, that would be nice, too. When do you guys think you will be adding FTP?

Hey, i'm tryin gto use Gotcha, and I can't restart the server, spawn vehicles, check inventories or set of Messages, nothing works, i dunno what the problem is, and i would ike to know, also, if tere is a way to add heli crashes, that would be nice, too. When do you guys think you will be adding FTP?

Send an e-mail to admin@dayz.st

Hello. I love ur server hosting and im wondering is it posibble to add normal helicrash sites on namalsk map?

Just added support for DayZ 2017 mod, it is an option underneath the map in your control panel when Chernarus is selected.

cVolf.png

(from the release thread)

DayZ 2017 is set 5 years into the future and everything is more rare and the gameplay is more based on survivalism due to the low amount of high powered weapons. Players are known to trade often in 2017 and tend to work together more due to the harsh nature of the mod. That is not to say banditry does not exist, no, people can get quite ruthless, but they are likely to kill you for food then anything else (and that might be the food you carry, or you yourself as the food).

Hello. I love ur server hosting and im wondering is it posibble to add normal helicrash sites on namalsk map?

I'm sure there is some way to accomplish it through the mission/server file, but I don't have any information on that.

Edited by ersan191

Just added support for DayZ 2017 mod, it is an option underneath the map in your control panel when Chernarus is selected.

cVolf.png

(from the release thread)

DayZ 2017 is set 5 years into the future and everything is more rare and the gameplay is more based on survivalism due to the low amount of high powered weapons. Players are known to trade often in 2017 and tend to work together more due to the harsh nature of the mod. That is not to say banditry does not exist, no, people can get quite ruthless, but they are likely to kill you for food then anything else (and that might be the food you carry, or you yourself as the food).

Woot, thanks :D

With regards to 2017, does the "change vehicle limit" setting work? It's set to 0 currently, and I can't modify it.

But it may just be because the server is down.

Our server was hacked and I went to roll it back to an old backup and now the start, stop, and restart buttons are grayed out, any idea why?