ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Man this waiting for 1.2.0 is taking for ever whats up

2 weeks is along time to wait for an update

really starting to get mad here

we are paying for a managed server thats not being managed very well

yes i know if i dont like it find a new host

Edited by MTUCKER0

Cool! Is this for the moonlight nights or fog removal? Which file do I insert this code into?

It's for setting up a static date. Dunno about the date itself. Going to see if its really full moon tonight. If not, I'm gonna change it from 31.8 to something else.

The file is located in the server.pbo (/system/server_monitor.sqf)

We got the bliss version 1.2.0 from here https://github.com/p...er/DayZ-Private

Cool! Is this for the moonlight nights or fog removal? Which file do I insert this code into?

full moon

[Date]

;Possible values: Local, Static

Type = Static

;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to

Year = 2012

Month = 7

Date = 3

[Time]

;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static

Type = Custom

;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)

Offset = -10

;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to

;Hour = 8

Edited by Audio Rejectz

It's for setting up a static date. Dunno about the date itself. Going to see if its really full moon tonight. If not, I'm gonna change it from 31.8 to something else.

The file is located in the server.pbo (/system/server_monitor.sqf)

OK, so this doesn't work. I was playing on my server when suddenly - night. It must still somehow communicate with the HiveExt.ini file.

BS you said you would have done by today for Taviana. do one map at time

this kinda crap is what piss's me off we pay you to have these updates done when they come out its allways something

and http://github.com/ is back online

Edited by MTUCKER0
  • Like 1

well im glad you think that its ok to tell your customers that you will have something done by a certain day and not follow thru with it

great way to do buisness

when i tell someone ill have something done by a certain day i get it done especially when they are customers

Tucker - I respect that you're a customer with DayZ.ST, but all your posts are whines. Give them some time, and be thankful that they're still listening to you. It will be up when it's up.

Would you rather them rush it and have something go wrong, or get it done right?

Edited by -Daemon-
  • Like 3

Tucker - I respect that you're a customer with DayZ.ST, but all your posts are whines. Give them some time, and be thankful that they're still listening to you. It will be up when it's up.

Would you rather them rush it and have something go wrong, or get it done right?

so now im whining i like how the younger generation puts things

ersan told me himself that the updates would be done on saturday so im holding him to it if you cant make a deadline then dont give one

just call me the grumpy old guy that hold people to what they say they will do

well I don't know what's worse, not having the updates or having them rushed out like the .com version. hrm, I'm ok if I don't have to wait for trash but if it takes two weeks to release something like the .com version, then I think there's a problem

I hear it's supposed to be done today so I think I will set up my auto messages to the server stating that it will be upgraded today and if not, go to the irc channel and ask why :)

I hear it's supposed to be done today so I think I will set up my auto messages to the server stating that it will be upgraded today and if not, go to the irc channel and ask why :)

nice good idiea think ill do the same

so now im whining i like how the younger generation puts things

ersan told me himself that the updates would be done on saturday so im holding him to it if you cant make a deadline then dont give one

just call me the grumpy old guy that hold people to what they say they will do

Ersan is not in charge of Bliss Updates nor is he in charge of Github. The slow update and the maintenance of the site are not his fault and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I personally have been waiting very patiently to get our custom buildings back especially since I built entire cities which make the map feel barren now so I know how you feel. I trust he will get it done when it is available to do so and his Saturday deadline (which I must have missed) was not his fault he could not keep that promise.

Edited by Traeyu

nice good idiea think ill do the same

Or cancel your server and go to one of the other providers who offer worse service.

Then you'll have something to piss and moan about constantly.

It's almost Christmas, by the way. Be glad any work is being done, at all. For an "old guy" you're pretty immature.

Or cancel your server and go to one of the other providers who offer worse service.

It's almost Christmas, by the way. Be glad any work is being done, at all. For an "old guy" you're pretty immature.

so now im immature i like this

i speak my mind and im called immature for it nice Have a nice Day

BS you said you would have done by today for Taviana. do one map at time

this kinda crap is what piss's me off we pay you to have these updates done when they come out its allways something

and http://github.com/ is back online

I said it before and I will say it again. DayZ.st relies on Bliss, Ersan was waiting on the newest Bliss update to update the maps so things were properly supported. Ayan missed his deadline. Because of that Ersan is now looking into making a branch off that will work properly on his own. Had Ayan met his deadline I am sure Ersan would have applied it promptly and then updated all the maps. I would rather Ersan (and Ayan) miss their deadlines to release a stable, working product than to rush it and release something worse. You are right, we do pay Ersan for a managed server and as such we pay him to release updates, but therefor we expect to receive a stable version. Now if you want to piss and moan then go to the source of the holdup and talk to Ayan. That being said I do not recommend it because this is a guy who is just (to the best of my knowledge) doing this all for free in his spare time and has no obligation to even continue Bliss updates if he decides he wants to stop one day. In general you don't want to piss people in that situation off. You really need to start looking at things and realize the cause of the issue.

Let me give you an example. Lets say you are a truck driver and you have to make a delivery from St. Paul, MN to Chicago, IL. Your scheduled to leave at 12:00PM and the deadline to deliver the trailer is 7:00PM. You get to the place that you are supposed to get the trailer from at 11:45AM but you come to find that the business is running behind and has not even started to load the trailer yet. They finally finish loading it at 1:30PM and you attach it and go. It takes 6 hours and 15 minutes to drive from St Paul to Chicago. You can't speed because the contract you signed with your employer has a safety clause that states you will be terminated if you get pulled over to many times. There is no way you will meet your deadline, but whose fault is it?

In this example if the business that was to load the trailer called the business to receive the trailer and let them know that you were running behind because of their failure to load the trailer on time, then it would be clear to all parties involved that it is not your fault. If they did not then the receiving business would likely place blame on you.

In our situation here Ersan has told us many times (and I know you have seen it because you have been in IRC the same time as me when it has been said, among all the other places that it says it) that he is waiting for the bliss update to update the maps, and that Ayan has missed his deadline. Yet you continue to blame Ersan! Where is the logic in that?

EDIT: Before you say that Ersan missed his deadline that he said on IRC, on Friday (when you came on and were talking about it then came here and posted about it) when asked when the updates were coming he said that he had been waiting on the Bliss update, but was working on a work around that should be done "Today or Tomorrow". He had used a key word of 'should' and he ran into issues which he posted here.

Also, stop going behind his back and trying to cause issues! That kind of shit pisses me off, like your post here - http://survivorgamez.com/forum/index.php?/topic/51-dayztavianacom/

You do realize that the DayZLand.eu version that you SO badly wanted had the same policy (actually it was even stricter), and the only reason you got it in the first place is because somebody leaked the server code.

Edited by almaxkiller

I don't think that's cool man. the guy is staing his concerns about a service he is paying for and you insult him with this nonsense? if you're gonna talk about being mature, you should act it yourself.

merry christmas

this example doesn't quite hold water. shit rolls downhill

If I am a home owner and I higher a someone to put an extention on my house, they are going to higher contractors. If they miss their deadline, who does the homeowner yell at? shit, it sure isn't gonna be the contractors. he didn't make a deal with them, he made it with the foreman...

that being said, yes we have someone making things for free and the only way around this is to take a few extra bucks and pay someone to do it for a job. Either work closer with the original author and toss him/her a bone or higher someone to do this from scratch and make it their job.

I just would like to say how happy I am with dayz.st 's service. Nice control panel, painless setup, full database access and server runs very smooth. I have players from all over the world (hosted in US), and all seem to have very manageable ping. I recommend this hosting company to all. :)

Edited by dizzmain
  • Like 2

What is the latest server update about? Received message ingame.

What is the latest server update about? Received message ingame.

Yeah I was wondering what's up. My Washington Server is down apparently and I couldn't access my Database a few minutes before. Wondering if i needed to contact support or not.

Since the update I can not join the server. I hang at "waiting for host". After I lost the connection.

edit: its ok.

Edited by bo0n

Please wait until we post on this thread, until then we are still performing the update and fixing any bugs that come along with it.

• Like 1

We updated to dayztaviana.com v2.0 and dayzland.eu taviana v1.2.0.

All servers should be up now, if you had rmod, care packages, custom inventories, kill messages, or messaging enabled then they are currently disabled and will be enabled the next time your server is restarted. Issue a manual restart now if you want them enabled.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1