ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

DaRT has an option to ban by IP. Just select said player, right click, ban, tick the checkboxes.

Meh! I just edited the sqlite database, and added the guys in question (name, GUID and IP), and unfortunately in the 'Player Database' tab,m it doesnt give ban IP option, must be just for live players :(

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Looks like the server stopped or crashed and will not restart.

is anyone elses messages all in red? or custom buildings not showing up?

Just Picked up a 2nd Server all i have 2 say is there great.I love Dayz.st

A Washington DC node (173.193.202.109) is down due to DDoS attack, we are doing our best to mitigate it but it's still ongoing.

These attacks are starting to become a real problem - I've never in my life worked with a company that was such a magnet for them... I think I have an idea for a way to make it so that when there is a DDoS attack less servers will be affected by it - I'm going to work on implementing it as soon as possible. When they happen they are very very large floods (over 10gbit sometimes) and they last for several hours. We have access to Cisco Guard and some other enterprise level DDoS mitigation hardware but true DDoS protection for attacks of this size costs thousands and thousands of dollars a month for each server, which is not viable.

Right now when a server is DDoS'ed up to 16 dayz servers can be taken offline until the attack subsides - I think I know of a way to get that down to more like 3.

Also the targets are ALWAYS Washington DC or Dallas. I think it might be a specific customer that is attracting them but haven't been able to pinpoint it as such, the changes I mentioned above will help narrow it down to see if we can determine a common thread and if there is anything we can do about it.

Our company isn't the target it always seems to be some argument between a server admin and a player, usually because they are hacking, said player gets banned and then DDoS'es the server in retaliation. Other servers on the node are just collateral damage.

Edited by ersan191

Hello mates. ive been reading this blog with and trying to search answer to our clan server problem. Our server is up and working after this hack attack but all our tents in the server are gone, i mean every tent in the map. Now people are really pist because all there hard work are gone, and some are saying thats it for me i wont play anymore until standalone comes. Is there a way to get these tents and items back? Last time i did rollback same thing happend tents just vanish so i havent use rollback after that :(

I know Ersan has put so much work into ST, it's a really shame to see it been hit like this. But this is getting to much now! Ersan, as your one of your hosters biggest clients, i'd put your foot down. Tell them to improve security or they loose your buisness

I know Ersan has put so much work into ST, it's a really shame to see it been hit like this. But this is getting to much now! Ersan, as your one of your hosters biggest clients, i'd put your foot down. Tell them to improve security or they loose your buisness

I really hope the current downtime isn't also due to security, looks like their sql password has been changed from their website though which is pretty worrying...

Does anyone know if we are compensated for any days service we have lost due to downtime?

UK363 is down to also problems with loot re-spawning ????

hope it sorted soon only had the server for a week and they seem to have problems ?

UK363 is down to also problems with loot re-spawning ????

hope it sorted soon only had the server for a week and they seem to have problems ?

The portal is down, but my server is running fine. Ironically there's one good thing of all this: the tabase is faster than ever. This let me believe that the website tools (such as the map), currently offline, are stressing the database a way too much, making it unnecessary slower.. so affecting the gameservers occasionally (desynch).

but my server is running fine.

so wish my server was up no answer from support and not even a sniff on there twitter fead . . . . . . . . . .

DDOSing isn't really a security issue that can be easily solved on a server with publicly available IP addresses. In fact, there's really not anything that can be done if the person or group doing the attack is determined enough. Ersan has already stated that the next major security measure to limit these attacks is far too expensive to use.

I don't care how much time and effort has been put into this small server support company. I have been a customer for a couple months now, and it is very unprofessional to not notify clients of issues. Some of you might say, "he does as much as he can on twitter" Thats not my problem, I have paid for a service, that I am not receiving. I notified them of this issue 2 weeks ago, and they did not take me seriously. No emails, no way to contact ANY customer support. So now all of the clients are just "out" of the money they paid. Sorry, I know they have issues, but "I pay them" not the other way around.

My edit: I was to hasty on this post, but felt it decent to leave it up to show my mistake with this. I did not give this enough time and should have been more patient.

Edited by Arkael Dren

I don't care how much time and effort has been put into this small server support company. I have been a customer for a couple months now, and it is very unprofessional to not notify clients of issues. Some of you might say, "he does as much as he can on twitter" Thats not my problem, I have paid for a service, that I am not receiving. I notified them of this issue 2 weeks ago, and they did not take me seriously. No emails, no way to contact ANY customer support. So now all of the clients are just "out" of the money they paid. Sorry, I know they have issues, but "I pay them" not the other way around.

Tried the following link??

http://widget01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.dayz.st&channel=%23dayz

I have had my server not working correctly for about 2 weeks now, so I am bit more frustrated than I should allow. I understand the ST team is busy dealing with the issues, but would have expected a reply over the last 3 days. Good luck and you are still the best server company I have dealt with.

Again good luck and we will be waiting patiently for your reply.

Another hacking incident, today's recipe: MySQL Injection. Taking the control panel offline until it is sorted. Also 173.192.200.76 and 173.193.202.109 are being DDoS'ed.

I just woke up 20 minutes ago, it's 8AM

Edited by ersan191

Another hacking incident, today's recipe: MySQL Injection. Taking the control panel offline until it is sorted. Also 173.192.200.76 and 173.193.202.109 are being DDoS'ed.

I just woke up 20 minutes ago, it's 8AM

I feel for you dude hope you get all the holes closed up and there's no backdoors left behind...

I'm sure the losers responsible for the ddos will move elsewhere how many ips are they using out of interest?

I feel your pain ersan. A small company experiencing sudden growth goes through some growing pains. More so when you're being attacked by children with too much internet knowledge and not enough parenting. Or of course jealous competitors!

I have to say though, that I am a customer too and would greatly appreciate better communication when things go awry.

Please could you give some thought to something like a BCC customer email list for when problems arise? It's a bit painful myself to have to trawl forums and Twitter to find support information when these things get attacked and I don't know why my server/service has been affected. My personal opinion is that it looks far better to customers and prospective customers if the communication is pushed rather than pulled during troubling times.

Respect for what you're going through and doing about it though.

DayzDoc