ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

It is the same "politic" they are adopting with the game servers... they must have a strange idea of "competition", neither they understand that they aren't going anyhwere with this...

I'm running the most used Namalsk server, and i'm constantly attacked by the other guys running other servers in a sort of competition for who runs the "best" server.. i honestly don't understand what's behing this, since i run my server for FREE lol!

DayZ.st at the moment is providing the best service (per price), but here there's money involved, there's at least other two big players that are loosing tenth of customers every week, moving here, so they're probably trying to slow down the flux.

What they doesn't understand is that this "method" isn't going to work, it's not that blocking others is making you better.. if you want to have more customers, you must provide a better service, there's no shortcuts in this market, coz the customers aren't idiots.

Edited by WalkerDown

Apparently I somehow have two servers now: 159.253.131.97:2302 and 159.253.143.16:2302

EDIT: OK, now it shows just one (the correct one). I suppose someone mistakenly received our backup :P

Edited by cyrq

Okay, our host was extremely apologetic and they know they screwed up... - what happened was someone faked host headers for my e-mail address (which is an extremely easy thing to do) and requested a password reset for my account, and they approved it for some inane reason. The user then proceeded to request reloads of all the operating systems on the servers from Windows to Linux - we've spent the better part of the last 10 hours clearing it all up. The datacenter has assured us that this will never happen again they will personally call me if anyone requests account changes. I know this isn't anyone's problem but our own but I figured some transparency was in order.

I do not believe we were intentionally targetted for this, I think they were just shotgunning random hostnames/ips that our host has and got lucky with us.

We have all but two servers online right now - 173.192.200.76 (Washingon DC-01) is down due to a DDoS attack which we are trying to get resolved by the datacenter, and 37.130.229.228 (London-05) is still being reinstalled, it should be up within the hour.

During the reload we took the opportunity to update to ArmA2 beta 99515 - we will be restarting the nodes (with warnings) that weren't affected to update the arma 2 beta now.

We answered any support tickets related to the downtime but frankly we are all exhausted after cleaning this up and we will resume normal support hours tomorrow.

If you would like to cancel your account for a refund please do not hesitate to contact us at admin@dayz.st

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 2

But mine went down now.. and won't resume... (checked if there's any maintenance going on, and there's none apparently).

EDIT: i restarted it again and it returned.. i see it has been updated to the latest Arma2 beta patch.

Edited by WalkerDown

Okay, our host was extremely apologetic and they know they screwed up... - what happened was someone faked host headers for my e-mail address (which is an extremely easy thing to do) and requested a password reset for my account, and they approved it for some inane reason. The user then proceeded to request reloads of all the operating systems on the servers from Windows to Linux - we've spent the better part of the last 10 hours clearing it all up. The datacenter has assured us that this will never happen again they will personally call me if anyone requests account changes. I know this isn't anyone's problem but our own but I figured some transparency was in order.

I do not believe we were intentionally targetted for this, I think they were just shotgunning random hostnames/ips that our host has and got lucky with us.

We have all but two servers online right now - 173.192.200.76 (Washingon DC-01) is down due to a DDoS attack which we are trying to get resolved by the datacenter, and 37.130.229.228 (London-05) is still being reinstalled, it should be up within the hour.

During the reload we took the opportunity to update to ArmA2 beta 99515 - we will be restarting the nodes (with warnings) that weren't affected to update the arma 2 beta now.

We answered any support tickets related to the downtime but frankly we are all exhausted after cleaning this up and we will resume normal support hours tomorrow.

If you would like to cancel your account for a refund please do not hesitate to contact us at admin@dayz.st

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the honesty and transparency, I have worked in IT security myself I can imagine how exhausted you guys are right now, I'd send a beer your way if I could. I hope your host has learned their lesson from this!

Hopefully the London node is up soon go catch some sleep dude and thanks for being an actual admin as opposed to my previous hosts who would still have not even posted that the servers were down by now.

London node is finally up, there isn't much we can do about the Washington DC node until later today because of the DDoS attack - I'm going to sleep lol

• Like 4

Hat off to you Ersan. That was a great example of being straight with us and communicating what happened. I appreciate all the work and I know you'll continue to be on top of all the server issue that come forth. Thanks so much and get some rest man, it's well deserved.

Hello, I recently purchased a Taviana server and wanted to know if there is a way to change it so it uses the DAYZTAVIANA.COM 1.7.4.4 version instead of the DAYZLAND.EU 1.1.0. I'm not sure what the difference between the two are but it would be great if I could change it to remove the annoyance of having to upgrade when switching to different maps on different servers. Thanks again for the great service DayZ.ST.

Fantastic communication.

I knew I made the right choice with this server!

Sleep well.. I definitely won't be cancelling my subscription. :)

I would like to give credit where credit is due.

Apparently the Dayz.st server host was "hacked".

From what I gather the "hacker" managed to do an OS reinstall on all or most of their machines. INCLUDING the dayz.st website.

We where down about 10 hours or so. We came back up and the database was restored like nothing happened.

Had it been ANYBODY else Im sure the downtime would have been at least ten times as long.

And Im also sure that it would have been all F'ed up.

Dayz.st managed to recover from the worst case scenario in a very short amount of time.

So my hat goes off to you.

If you looking for a home please join us.

-=Hells Hideout=-

50.115.124.92:2342

24/7 Daylight

Tons of vehicles

Private Hive

Gotcha-Antihax

Thanks

London node is finally up, there isn't much we can do about the Washington DC node until later today because of the DDoS attack - I'm going to sleep lol

You're doing a top class job mate wouldn't surprise me if the other hosts were having a go at you because you're getting all their customers ;)

I don't think I'm the only person here who came over from SS, they can't even deploy a patch successfully in a week let alone reinstall the OS to all their nodes and have them back up and running within 12 hours. Keep up the good work hope you get a chance to put static date values into the control panel soon, other than that I have no gripes at all I already know FTP is on the way.

Edited by seaweed

Thanks for getting everything up and running in a timely manner and keeping us updated.

OK, just got up and the last Washington DC node is now up, so all servers are online. Thank you very much for being so patient everyone.

Hello, I recently purchased a Taviana server and wanted to know if there is a way to change it so it uses the DAYZTAVIANA.COM 1.7.4.4 version instead of the DAYZLAND.EU 1.1.0. I'm not sure what the difference between the two are but it would be great if I could change it to remove the annoyance of having to upgrade when switching to different maps on different servers. Thanks again for the great service DayZ.ST.

We're going to switch over to the 1.7.4.4 version soon because bliss dropped support for the dayzland.eu one - and I'm sure DayZCommander will soon as well. Still trying to figure out what the best way to do this is (they have different vehicles, so we will probably temporarily leave support up for dayzland.eu and request that everyone switch, it's going to be a logistical nightmare either way)

Okay, hitting the live icon, it doesn't work :P (On my Chernarus server)

Should I leave it selected??? Does it only log movements when its selected, or does it log all the time, and report when selected?

Thanks guys :D

It will only log movements after it has been selected (is green) - you've got to leave the map open, updates in the database are every few minutes so you probably won't see any movement for a little while.

Please let us know when you switch to Taviana 1.7.4.4. The EU version is full of issues and decided to uninstall it. Hopefully the new version will be much better.

Please let us know when you switch to Taviana 1.7.4.4. The EU version is full of issues and decided to uninstall it. Hopefully the new version will be much better.

All this just as i was going to try and get it on my server :( I guess i'll wait until the squabbles between the 2 versions have been settled and i go with that one.

But a few questions if you can answer ersan? why has Bliss stopped support for dayzland.eu one?...will this mean we can't edit our servers with customised things or will Bliss be supporting the other version now so we can still do the edits?

Also while i'm posting i would like to thank you for your continued fantastic support through these problematic times with hackers and whatever else gets thrown at you, you are still the best host i have had and my server will definitely be staying with dayz.st for a long time to come :beans: :thumbsup:

All this just as i was going to try and get it on my server :( I guess i'll wait until the squabbles between the 2 versions have been settled and i go with that one.

But a few questions if you can answer ersan? why has Bliss stopped support for dayzland.eu one?...will this mean we can't edit our servers with customised things or will Bliss be supporting the other version now so we can still do the edits?

Also while i'm posting i would like to thank you for your continued fantastic support through these problematic times with hackers and whatever else gets thrown at you, you are still the best host i have had and my server will definitely be staying with dayz.st for a long time to come :beans: :thumbsup:

Bliss is supporting the other version (dayztaviana.com) instead due to drama with the dayzland.eu creators (I think the one causing the most problems is AlexSpain). They want to be able to decide who's allowed to host 'their' map (and have been very vocal about companies like us not being allowed to host it). They've pissed enough people (ayan-bliss lead developer, dotjosh-dayzcommander developer, vilayer/hfb and even us to some extent) that everyone is dropping support for them, so their version of the map will fall into obscurity soon enough I'm sure - there will be barely any servers running it when we switch (we host 35% of all servers running the map). You should still be able to customize the other version, in fact it's probably going to be far more customizable than most maps from what I've been told.

I liked and was trying to support the dayzland.eu version because it had a lot of work done to it, tons of vehicle spawnpoints, different player skins, vehicles that were modified specifically for the map, and more. I have not yet tried the dayztaviana.com version but I talk to one of the developers fairly often and they know what they are doing.

What I don't know is if there is an easy way to transition between versions, so any changes you have right now may or may not need to be wiped when you switch. (there will be plenty of warning so don't worry about it) - I'm trying to find a way to migrate without resetting databases currently, but some of the vehicles are different between the maps.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 2

On the EU version, I was able to add vehicles and fit them with custom loadouts. The different skins did not work and was stuck with the infamous Russian punk rocker getup. Also, the GPS coordinates did not match the in game map coordinates. Some people that tried to join were hit with Battleye errors and others did not which was the main reason I pulled it.

I'd rather have Bliss behind it and an active dev team supporting and working out the issues.

I'm trying to place buildings using the 3D editor and the tool here: http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php , but it looks like the coordinates are WAY off. I'm running Panthera, and the items I tried to place were in the ocean to the north of the north airfield, but they ended up in the desert to the south. Do I need to use an offset on the coordinates before running the sql statement? If so, what is it?

Edit: Looks like I can't access my control panel, are you guys getting attacked again?

Edited by GreatBigJerk

I'm trying to place buildings using the 3D editor and the tool here: http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php , but it looks like the coordinates are WAY off. I'm running Panthera, and the items I tried to place were in the ocean to the north of the north airfield, but they ended up in the desert to the south. Do I need to use an offset on the coordinates before running the sql statement? If so, what is it?

Edit: Looks like I can't access my control panel, are you guys getting attacked again?

No we are not, it should be fixed now - sorry.

Anywhere in the server than can ban IP addresses?

Or does gotcha or Dart have that?

Would be great if it was possible in the control panel - just a simple list of banned IP's.

I know some guys have dynamic IPs, but net everyone does :P

Anyone know if this is possible?

No we are not, it should be fixed now - sorry.

DaRT has an option to ban by IP. Just select said player, right click, ban, tick the checkboxes.

DaRT has an option to ban by IP. Just select said player, right click, ban, tick the checkboxes.

Yer, unfortunately, I didnt have DaRT running, just gotcha... so players aren't showing in DaRT.

I do have their IP addy's though, any way to import them? maybe add to a log file???