Notebook

Hey Guys,

I just had the idea of adding a notebook and a pen, if these 2 items are found, players should be able to write notes or storys into that book, all written in should be saved.

Its not really nessecary, but i think it would pretty cool, especially for people who love staying on one place for long times, chilling at the fireplace and writing into their diary..

Players who found those items on dead bodys, should be able to read the things the dead guy wrote when he was alive. i think that would be pretty interesting, but actually i don't even know if that is possible...

I know some people will now say "totally unnessecary" "dumb idea" but i like it.

The team should concentrate on other things first, i know but keep that idea in mind, even if its not really needed :D

and think about this... some people would maybe write ideas of what to do or places they wanted to visit.. or maybe good lootplaces or vehicle locations so they won't forget. that would be a win for the guy who found the book

sounds interesting.

also your signature font is quite disturbing.

yea, but i dont even know if that is possible. but i think some feature like that would be epic in that game.

we really need some more things where we can research, thats what i like about those kinds of games too. like gettin informatiopna bout something and find things out, and a notebook with lots of cool things written in would just be great haha. maybe adding some notes or notebooks with hints or that kinda stuff around the world..

BTW. some chernarus Maps placed on walls in Shops or other buildings would be great. especially for those who don't found a map yet :P

Having maps on store and house walls that you can examine, (and if they are small enough) take with you, would be a GREAAATTTT idea.

I would realy like to see this. It will bring a huge addition to the atomsphere. Cant wait to read some diarys :D

It's an interesting idea though it might be a bit too abstract. When I first saw the thread title my mind immediately went to automatic updates tracking players actions width little updates like "found a Winchester in XYZ". Especially if they have a tent or secret stash buried somewhere. So if you are murdered or someone happens to find your body they'll be able to read this journal and find out where you're stash or tent are and they can try and raid it, but at the same time you can booby trap them to prevent theft and get back at any bandit who might have killed you.

But like you idea you cash also place in custom messages. Again for your own pleasure but also to maybe trap others like the guy who killed you.

Most epic idea... Transferrable notepads with main server-side info, so everybody can read them on any server. So much win!

"March 17.

Pwned nub at the beach with my thermal scoped m24, took me 3 minutes to run all the way down there to loot and t-bag his corpse. Sleep well dear diary."

Cool idea, would be like a killers guestbook.

Especially if you could write stuff down, and put the note up on a wall or something

Raven was here 9/05/2012 2:45pm

or

Help yourself to supplies

or

Beware all ye who enter here

i was thinking actually, that it'd be great to be able to leave notes around. Imagine leaving a note at your tent saying "fuck you. I'm coming for you. I don't know how i'll find you but i will."

I remember a feature like this in OpFlash, particularly in the lobby where you could go over movement and tactics with your team before the game started by drawing on the map. Although, I don't remember if it was a permanent feature or not. I'm sure much has changed with the software between now and then, I don't even remember if Arma had this or not.

Either way, I endorse this idea.

I was thinking of making a similar suggestion earlier, perhaps dark/demons souls style leaving helpful tips or spreading misinformation by placing notes and such. Would add a ton of immersion imo, should definitely be considered at some point.

An example of why I think this is cool. Yesterday I found a place with 3 fully functional cars, and for sure those cars belonged to someone. I felt bad by taking it but this is a survival mod and I wanted the stuff. For that reason, I wish I could have left a note to that person and come to an agreement.

Dark Souls did something cool with the notes too. It could be nice to plant posts with notes and stuff like that.

I was a bit unsure about this idea to start with, but the more I play the more this makes sense. I could see players storing information about places they've visited, experiences with players. Plus an insight in to how others deal with the situation once a notebook was found would just add depth and variety to an already engrossing game.

I actually really like this idea, I don't think it should have automatic messages in it, because people should be able to lie if they want.

The notebooks should be left on corpses you find for you to read when you examine them.

Maybe not even something you can take with you. Just so when you find a body (or kill someone) you can read their journal.

Reading these snippets of other peoples brief time alive, might provide you with a couple of clues, a good hint, or a feeling of remorse for killing them.

support this support this !

we need that ingame :P