Statik (DayZ)

Preppers in DayZ?

I don't even know if this should be implemented into the game, or if people (me included) would even enjoy it. But as some of you might know, throughout the world there are people who are "preppers". A prepper is basically someone who is preparing for when the shit hits the fan. Me and a few clan buddies (mostly jokingly) tossed around the idea of adding preppers to DayZ. What me mean by this is making there be a slight chance, where you spawn on the coast, or maybe even inland up to say.. 500m at a barn. You would also spawn say with a Revolver and/or something like a Double Barrel (you don't spawn with much ammo though). You could also spawn with say 2-3 bandages, flares, food and a water bottle. And maybe even something like a Czech backpack. I am completely open on idea's on what "bonuses" this prepper could have. I don't want to give the prepper anything that will give them a very big advantage over other players, but a slight edge on survival and against zeds. I also don't want to make anything too complicated, because I don't know about you guys, but one of the reasons I like DayZ is because of its simplicity.

• Like 1

I can see bringing an idea like that up for fun, but I think it'd be a waste of time to implement this into DayZ. Not that it would take really any time at all, but just no.

=P

I'm not so against this as long as the advantage isn't that much, but I also don't see how adding this and only this feature would impact the game really, outside of the oh nice I'm a prepper, considering how little it affects the game play. It could be interesting if more roles were added, but at that point I'm not so sure how I feel about giving too much back story to players characters, I admit there is both pros and cons to the idea.

• Like 1

maby if people pre order dayz standalone they could get a 1 in 500 chance to spawn as a prepper and it should only be a pistol and 2 mags and a czech, an empty water bottle and a can of beans

I think the idea could be altered slightly.

Instead of spawning as a "prepper", you can find their 'apocalypse' bunkers that will have heaps of supplies (guns, food, basic medical supplies).

• Like 1

Instead of spawning as a "prepper", you can find their 'apocalypse' bunkers that will have heaps of supplies (guns, food, basic medical supplies).

I like this better. The game needs more military loot spawns, anyway. Since all military spawns now are camped, and deer stands are unreliable.

People would respawn until they spawned as a prepper, the same way they do to spawn near big towns.

Rare-spawning NPC preppers holed up in houses in small towns or in rural areas with heaps of supplies, that would be OK.

Would be better to just add a rare loot group with all the survival tools in a residential location. The prepper is out front trying to eat your brains.

One pile would be like...

-matches

-knife

-military flashlight

-compass

-toolbox

-hatchet

-canteen

-shovel

-binoculars

-2x cooked meat

-3x Bandage

-Morphine

-Epi

-Bloodbag

Maybe even put most of it in a container, like that vest pouch thing that's smaller than the coyote patrol pack.

Edited by bad_mojo

People would respawn until they spawned as a prepper, the same way they do to spawn near big towns.

But you make the chances so slim they would have to do it for hours. And it wouldn't be worth it then because your advantage isn't that huge.

I like this better. The game needs more military loot spawns, anyway. Since all military spawns now are camped, and deer stands are unreliable.

What this game needs is LESS military spawns. There is too many as it is. And less will probably be better.

That could also be cool. But they would have to be exceedingly rare (2-3 per server). They could be like heli crashes, but just a concrete roof sticking slightly out of the ground. They could spawn the same stuff as heli crashes, but spawn more items. They could also implement 4-5 zombies inside/in the imediate area (could be infected looters, or the bunker occupants).