Sign in to follow this  
lundahldaniel

Can't get update to work

Hi guys, I can't get the update to work. It keeps showing up like 1.2.7.5 in the server lists. I've downloaded the latest server files and put them in the dayz folder, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

http://WWW.DayZCommander.com

It will handle updating of DayZ and Arma 2 Beta as well as rolling back to any older version. Also will install DayZ Lingor Island if you wish.

Also has:

Friends List

Favorites

Recent Servers

Server Notes

Filters for pretty much everything

Awesome program, you will not regret using it.

http://WWW.DayZCommander.com

It will handle updating of DayZ and Arma 2 Beta as well as rolling back to any older version. Also will install DayZ Lingor Island if you wish.

Also has:

Friends List

Favorites

Recent Servers

Server Notes

Filters for pretty much everything

Awesome program, you will not regret using it.

Have you put the files inside the addons folder inside the @DayZ folder?

They need to be inside @DayZ\Addons.

There is also DayZ commander which will install everything for you :-

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Edit

Ninja'd by SystemiK

I putted the files in the Addons folder yes. But it didn't work.

Tried to use dayzcommander to update too, but with no success. :(

When you run the game/mod itself...in the MAIN menu...what version does it say in the bottom right of your screen?

It should say something like :-

1.62.96751 - This is the OperationArrowhead Version

DayZ 1.7.2.6 - This is the DayZ mod files version

Edited by GeordieMarv

When you run the game/mod itself...in the MAIN menu...what version does it say in the bottom right of your screen?

It should say something like :-

1.62.96751 - This is the OperationArrowhead Version

DayZ 1.7.2.6 - This is the DayZ mod files version

Well, I can't start the game on the server computer cause it has no graphicdrivers installed. But when I look for the server on my gamingcomputer, it says the server is 1.7.2.5 and if i add it to dayzcommander on the servercomputer, it says 1.7.2.5.

EDIT: my bad, I didnt realize you were updating a server, thought you were updating your client.

Edited by SystemiK

A million things can go wrong.

Just to make sure, did you add the files to Arma 2 or Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead?

Your path should read something like this: Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead / @dayz / addons

Did you unpack the files into the addons folder or just put in the .rar file you downloaded?

I updated arma 2 oa, and I extracted the files into the addons folder. :/

Saw that if I add the server to favourites both on gamingcomp and servercomp, it says 1.7.2.5, but in the install/update tab on the servercomp, it says 1.7.2.6?

Edited by lundahldaniel

it may be the correct version and all but you have to edit the server.cfg to change the host name (where the version is listed)

Oh right, your referring to server install. Sorry i misread the post. My fault entirely. DERP!

Edited by GeordieMarv

It's okay guys ;)

it may be the correct version and all but you have to edit the server.cfg to change the host name (where the version is listed)

I havn't edited the server.cfg more than changing the build number in the hostname. I know that the version is going to get changed to, but thats after the update works for me.

Not even after a fresh install of arma 2 and arma 2 oa I can get it to update!! I followed the instructions you get in the mail after you get accepted for hosting a server, but I used the new server files for @dayz/addons instead. It still shows up as 1.7.2.5. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong!!