Sign in to follow this  
Lydig

Exactly how, do you update?

Hi.

I'm a bit confused, now where the new update is out, im having trouble updating. I was assuming it would update by itself, but it didnt. Then i tried updating myself, in many ways: manually, trying the six updater and re-installing and stuff.

Nothings working.

Can anyone give me guidance, am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.

• Like 1

http://www.dayzcommander.com/ Download and install this my friend, then once in it click Update/Versions at the top - make sure you're at the latest versions for DayZ & Arma II - If not, click the install button next to them. (you can also install lingor island if you choose)

I'd like to add (besides DayZ Commander); If you have the chance, I'd recommend the torrent-download for the DayZ-patch, as the DZC download seems to take forever. (I'm currently in the process. Lots of load, I imagine. Should've just done it manually)

Seems they've stopped providing whatever they used to provide buddy.

Oh... woops... lol :D

Edit: Great, Imma have to re do my bloody tutorial all over again :(

Edited by Sticker704

I'd like to add (besides DayZ Commander); If you have the chance, I'd recommend the torrent-download for the DayZ-patch, as the DZC download seems to take forever. (I'm currently in the process. Lots of load, I imagine. Should've just done it manually)

Oh really? Mine downloaded quite quickly and I got it like 2 minutes after it was available! (maybe I beat the rush?) ^_^

Hi.

I'm a bit confused, now where the new update is out, im having trouble updating. I was assuming it would update by itself, but it didnt. Then i tried updating myself, in many ways: manually, trying the six updater and re-installing and stuff.

Nothings working.

Can anyone give me guidance, am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Download the torrent off the homepage dayzmod.com

Extract all the files into your @dayz>addons folder replacing what is already in there

that is all

if you need further help ask away ...

• Like 1

I've already tried the torrent, bugging out, dunno why, will try out the commander... Thanks so far :)

http://www.dayzcommander.com/ Download and install this my friend, then once in it click Update/Versions at the top - make sure you're at the latest versions for DayZ & Arma II - If not, click the install button next to them. (you can also install lingor island if you choose)

Hi, thank you.

I think this commander thing will work for me, but what is the lingor thing? :)

Hi, thank you.

I think this commander thing will work for me, but what is the lingor thing? :)

Lingor island is a seperate map from Arma II which has been set up to play DayZ on, it's smaller than the Chernarus and is set in africa (I think), it's more tropical and has a cluster of islands.

If you join any DayZ servers which have lingor island (you can search for Lingor only ones) you will not have your normal character, and your character on that server will not be available on any other servers other than the one you are on. Hope this is explained well enough :).

Lingor island is a seperate map from Arma II which has been set up to play DayZ on, it's smaller than the Chernarus and is set in africa (I think), it's more tropical and has a cluster of islands.

If you join any DayZ servers which have lingor island (you can search for Lingor only ones) you will not have your normal character, and your character on that server will not be available on any other servers other than the one you are on. Hope this is explained well enough :).

Thank you very much.

I'm having a problem with the updating, but i think its because it has to finish Lingor too before it finishes DayZ update.

Thank you very much.

I'm having a problem with the updating, but i think its because it has to finish Lingor too before it finishes DayZ update.

Nope its just saying: 100 %, but still downloading? Is it done then?

It went stuck on 100 % downloading... never went further from there, it says when i open the game, that DayZ isn't even installed. Need help.

It went stuck on 100 % downloading... never went further from there, it says when i open the game, that DayZ isn't even installed. Need help.

After it says 100% you have to click the close button on the Arma II updater buddy :).

don't install lingor unless you plan to play that map...

Good point, it's only really if you want to give it a try

I click the update button in DayZCommander