eckertkk.eckert@gmail.com

US 4551 Finders, New Private Hive.

US 4551 FINDERS

Currently running: 1.7.2.6

Tired of incompetent Administrators? Tired of unstable servers? Tired of hackers? Well, we are too! So, my friends and I finally decided to make a server together and the results have been great. No longer do we have to worry about admins not doing their jobs, or hackers ruining the fun for everyone, because we've seen it all and have prepared the server accordingly. We listen to our players and act as quickly as possible on every issue worth addressing. In fact we encourage people to come into teamspeak and talk to us (the admins) to address concerns or just offer suggestions for updates to the server. (Teamspeak info is in server name and announced in game.) As a result, of all this, we already have small tight nit groups forming.

-------------------------------------

Features:

*Active and competent admins, who address and fix issues as quickly as possible.

*Stable server, vehicles and tents save just fine and spawns work properly.

*Automatic Anti hacking and Custom Anti hacking software.

*Hive is backed up automatically. So, for example, if a hacker "nukes" the server we just hit the "rollback button" and all your gear, vehicles, and the entire server go back to like it never happened.

*Sidechat (text only) voice is not allowed/tolerated.

*Veteran mode with third person, but no crosshairs. (Don't let that discourage you newbies, you can still use waypoints on the map)

*50 player count max.

*35 max vehicle count, which include vehicles not seen on the dayz hive like the suv and datsuni. We feel the 35 vehicles is enough of an increase from normal to make vehicles a little more accessible without causing major imbalance.

*Deathmessages: xxx was killed by yyy. (This is still under testing)

*Crossbow starting weapon.

*Server location: Kansas, USA

*No Ghosting (players logging then moving on another server, logging back into the server you are on, and possibly gaining a tactical advantage) because of being a private hive of course.

*Better Sense of Persistance than on public hive servers.

-------------------------------------

All of the above is subject to change. Check back here to see server online/offline status.

We encourage you to try us out, and may you find what you are looking for at the Finders.

Edited by HomemadeAsian

Currently we do not have a website. We don't need one at this point, but we are thinking about implementing stat tracking, so you can look up your stats for the server. If you have any other questions/comments/concerns/suggestions, feel free to ask or send me a personal message here on the forums.

Hey, me and about 7 of my friends are looking for a solid private server, preferably passworded to completely eliminate the possibility of script users.

I was wondering if you could elaborate a little on " *Automatic Anti hacking and Custom Anti hacking software. "?

Have you guys had any hackers today? What makes your anti cheat meassures better then a public server?

We tried lingor private hives all day today and it was even worse then playing cherno :(

Glad you asked.

First, we are not currently requiring a password for the server, because it does not completely protect against hackers, but just delays players playing on our server by making them jump through a hoop. But, this does not mean we are not willing to change it, we might very well password protect in the near future, just depends on players and actions that take place.

Second, the automatic anti hack is exactly that, automatic system that detects and bans hackers. The custom side is what we have come up with ourselves as well as cooperation with other admins to detect hacking activity. I can't go into details, because we are constantly playing a "game" with the hackers and they could use this to their advantage. However, it is suffice to say that when both our admins and software are in place, it severely hampers hackers efforts. To support this, we have banned over 300 GUIDs and have several hundred more added from the community ban list and other trusted sources.

Over the past week, we have seen hackers numbers on our server severely decrease. We are not sure to the actual cause(s) but it's made our job easier the past few days. Today, we have seen only one hacker so far and our system detected him right away and he/she was promptly banned, and no damage to the server was done. Overnight, we had another 3 hackers who tried very hard to go undetected, but we still got them. But, even if they did manage to wreak havoc on the server, we have backups running 24/7 and we can rollback the server anywhere to a few minutes to a few hours if need be.

The reason why we are so effective in detecting and banning hackers is because of personal experience of an admin we used to be friends with that was hacking under our nose for quite some time. He owned a server and we were assistant administrators, but he kept lying to our faces that he wasn't doing any sort of scripting/hacking, until we finally found out the truth. http://dayzmod.com/f.../page__hl__us40 and here's another thread from someone else: http://dayzmod.com/f...s40#entry669489

That's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how much we have had to deal with hackers, and this was one of the big motivators for creating our own server. So to answer your question about what makes us better than public servers cheat measures:

-We use software that most do not put in place

-We have extensive experience

-Always evolving our detection techniques whenever possible

-And most importantly we care a great deal about the players experience

You will also notice that there is a ridiculous amount of nonsense that goes on around bans in public hives, just read a couple threads in the Cheat reporting part of the forum and you know what I mean. By having a private hive we have eliminated all that crap and can ban people without any fear, so we can concentrate on other more important matters, than "omg you don't have video or picture of exact moment of hacking."

In short, having competent admins, just makes a huge difference by itself, instead of the half-assed run servers that make up a majority of servers out there.

Edited by HomemadeAsian

Awesome server, have had a good experience here, admins even replaced my stuff after a hacker attack, just asked them and they were right on it. I fully support their anti hacker claims, they hunt the hackers down like dogs. Though, I would like to see a stats board on a website.

Sounds very good indeed but my ping (230ms) is too bad to have a go on a bike. I've got this red icon all the time on my monster computer. I have to sit this round out :-(

May be you come up with a new server loc. in New York City - I have seen servers with just 94ms there.

Edited by No Interleaving

Sorry, we can't just up and move the server, not as simple as you might think. We support up to 300ms, and though 230 is not preferable, it is still playable. But, I understand your hesitation on playing in our server.

All the major work is done, we did a complete "overhaul" of sorts to the server. However, we still need to make sure the backups work properly, before it goes back online. That said, we didn't anticipate it would be down this long, so I really do apologize, but it will be up as soon as possible.

Edited by HomemadeAsian

Wil it be up anytime soon, is it worth sitting and waiting for it anymore? any ETA?

Is there night time?

Is there a password/whitelist? if not do you ever plan on doing it? I know it's a strange question but I feel like it makes more hackers stay away since it's a process to be able to get in but I may be wrong.

Other than that this server sounds pretty much perfect to my buddies and me assuming admins are fair and not abusive like our last server. *cough survivedayz.com cough*

I really do appreciate people's patience and continued support despite the setbacks. I hope you know I am working hard to resolve all the issues. I know it must be frustrating on the weekend not having the amount of playtime that you would want, but this is just "server growing pains" and it won't be like this all the time.

Edited by HomemadeAsian

I understand man, I used to help my friend admin a server, and to really make it work well you got to spend more time doing that stuff than actually playing, so we do appreciate it, just wish it was back up already.

Server Online. All the issues seem to be fixed. Now working on a website that will track every ones stats. So, you can see how well you've done over the course of all your lives and/or your current one. Still experimenting with it, but will try to get it up soon as long as something more important to do on the server itself doesn't pop up, because the server comes first before other add ons and doodads.