eckertkk.eckert@gmail.com

US 4551 Finders, New Private Hive.

Been loving the server, me and my buddy Kr8w20 have been playing on it, oh and he trolls on the global chat, saying he killed someone when they rage over it so it's also some good laughs because of their reactions. Keep up the good work, I think this server is my new home now.

I tried playing on your server. Before i connected into the lobby i got banned for hacking apperently. I went on the team speak channel and was told the admins couldnt help me for a few days until the logs where checked and verified. While i can understand the process could very well by complicated for checking the logs I'm still amazed how the server wouldnt show that I hadnt even loaded into the game yet.....Frustrating to say the least.

First, Tonacriid, here's the stream we had on the server. http://www.twitch.tv/hadouke2050

Second, flavalicious, keep going into teamspeak and contacting an admin, please remind us, we have a lot on our plate right now. Sorry, it wasn't sorted out sooner, but just contact us again and we'll work it out.

Third, agrimm1,

Those two guys with the Suvs were suspected of using ESP to find them, as they had not been on the server very long before finding and repairing them and stole 2 military offroads like what your link says they did. Further investigation made it highly likely they had esp, when one of the group shot through obstacles that he could clearly not see through at another person who was behind cover. That's all the evidence I or any of our admins need, we don't need logs in that situation, especially when esp does not show up in normal logs.

This is a private server, which means we escape all the "you don't have screenshots, logs, etc" so you can't ban us. Actually yes we can. It's one reason we've been so effective in getting rid of hackers on our server. We realize that possibly only one was highly likely using hacks. I say highly likely, because we cannot 100% know without any shadow of a doubt that they were not hacking, but it was enough to "swing the ban hammer." However, all three of you are obviously close friends and didn't just meet each other in game, so all three were banned to be safe. It's not a perfect system, and usually we don't do that, I don't like to ban by association, but when you have tight nit groups like clans coming in and you have even one of their members hacking, its too much of a security risk to let the rest stay.

It's the way we chose to run the server. Your friends are not global banned, just banned from the Finders private hive. No reason to badmouth us as we are doing our jobs as best as we can with what we have to work with. One option is to make your own server and run it the way you want. If our server is so "laggy and full of hackers" as that post states, then it should be a blessing that you gentlemen are banned, you don't have to come back to the "shitty" server with "admin abuse."

(If this is not the same situation that your ban took place and/or it took place yesterday, then you want to talk to admin Whyfish, who you can contact in teamspeak.)

Edited by HomemadeAsian

agrimm1[S] 1 point 1 day

ago

I've pretty much gone on a blood feud with this place. I was in Elektro with the L85 we took off the chopper. I'm just killing everyone here, hopefully they will play elsewhere.

If you and your friends would have approached this situation more politely and professionally, and with a better argument than what you present in this post, then we would have considered unbanning you, but that's gone out the window.

Edited by HomemadeAsian

Being kicked is usually because of using voice in side chat. Try joining the server again and if you are not banned, then that was most likely the reason. You, were not however, kicked, "for no apparent reason."

Edited by HomemadeAsian

Tried your server out today. Nice and smooth, quick load times. It was also brutally dark, and even turning brightness and gamma up, removing shadows etc. didn't help. It forced myself and others to use our flashlights, which was awesome. It also meant that chemlights were more valuable than food.

After about 20 minutes we were all teleported into the ocean and died. >.>

Oh well.

Me and 2 other friends live in kansas. I think we might try you guys out.

Edited by ATeamM

Hello, server as been down since yesterday evening. Any ETA as I need my dayz fix and I only like playing on your server.

Thank you!!

Does this server have custom weapons in it or does it have stock weapons normally found on other servers?

Does this server have custom weapons in it or does it have stock weapons normally found on other servers?

I don't believe so but I have only been playing there for a week now. It does have other vehicles than whats in the public servers. They roll back when a hacker attacks and they have bicycles reset on server restarts for convenience. In a mater of 3 days of play I have acquired 5 vehicles and found at least 10. Their server is down now for some reason though but don't let that discourage you from hopping on later.

To be honest you guys had a good thing going with this server, but you messed up big time.

You (the admins) aren't letting us know what is going on or if the server is coming back at all. Tried going on the listed TS server with no response from admins... All in all, its not good for the regulars that WERE helping populate your server.

Everyone that had this server on their favorites list might as well un-favorite like I have and move on because it doesn't look like they will be coming back.

GGs! it was fun while it lasted just wish the people that ran this server would give a shout out with an update but nothing...

Yeah, this server was the only thin g keeping me playing dayz still. I had a big military truck full of guns finally and now I cant even use them..... guess I'll wait for standalone and warz.

I have to say that finders realy showed what dayz could be if admins were alowed to have more power over their server and used them correctly. I think that for the sand alone it should be like wow where servers are about 4-10 times larger then they currently are and are hosted by the game producers with a admin watching for hack (which will be less than current and responding to help tickets for a server or two. If finders does not come back up i would like to try and do what they did and try and push it farther.

Last I heard from an admin, Whyfish they were waiting for Kamura another admin to get back as he/she had the only contact info to the server host . Whyfish admitted that it was not such a good idea that only one of them had the info. Soooo guess if they cant get a hold Kamura the server is doomed.

Finder's coming back online this week. Have had issues with the backups again, but mostly the problem is to resolve personal/professional business first. Part of it is we do not have enough admins...yet. Sincerely, apologize for the wait, but don't worry we will be back soon.

Thank you for replying. I hope to see it back up again. My fiancee, friend and myself all enjoyed your server immensely. My friend and myself are both over 30 and happy to assist if more admins are needed. I know that's not likely to happen but just wanted to offer.